U.S. & World

Life sentence in Ariz attack that wounded Giffords

Comments

• Wonder Provo, UT
    Nov. 9, 2012 3:04 p.m.

I believe he was friends with Gabby Gifford.

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    Nov. 9, 2012 2:30 p.m.

I don't know anything about Judge Roll, but Clark's post raises the question: Was he at the Giffords event as a Democrat, or as a GOP judge was he just hanging out with them?

• Wonder Provo, UT
    Nov. 9, 2012 11:12 a.m.

So now this guy was a Democrat? Oh brother. I know, I know, Democrats are the source of any and all evil in the world.

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    Nov. 9, 2012 8:17 a.m.

In all the media reports, why have we heard nothing from the family of John Roll, the district judge who was killed in the Tucson shooting?

John Roll, a district judge appointed to the bench by the first President Bush was...

Oh wait, never mind, I just answered my own question.

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Nov. 9, 2012 6:52 a.m.

Boy, oh, boy, we are sure tired of the partisan rhetoric... but some people just can't let it go. The election is over. Hate speech didn't win it, and doesn't help anything now.

My heart aches for Gabby and her astronaut husband for the health and lives that were violently taken from them. May God bless them to recover an enjoyable quality of life. And my prayers are with the families and friends of those who died from this terrorist assault.

God bless America. Land that I love...

• Liberal Ted Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2012 3:50 p.m.

This was a tragedy. But just remember how the main stream media came out first thing and said this guy was a member of the tea party (just another racists clinging to his guns and religion). How wrong was the media and no coverage on that. Turns out the guy was a democrat that wasn't happy with his party along with other mental issues.

This was at a time the democrats were calling for a new age of civility. Wouldn't it have been refreshing if they acted civil and not jumped to conclusions and point fingers?