U.S. & World

Fact check: Missteps in final presidential debate

Comments

• Joe Moe Logan, UT
    Oct. 23, 2012 12:49 p.m.

I for one find the use of "Barry" as shallow and manipulative. It is disheartening and counterproductive when people resort to such slights. If there is a point to be made, it is best done using reason and civil dialog, not with ad hominem attacks and school-yard tactics. As soon as someone resorts to such antics, I for one tend to tune out the rest of what they are saying, because I trust neither their motives nor their reasoning. Of course, the same applies to those declining to use Romney's chosen name and using something like Willie.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oct. 23, 2012 11:14 a.m.

Re: spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    " ...trying to twist the fact Romney looked like lost puppy ..."

It was Barry's "deer in the headlights vacant stare" in the first debate that will end up costing him his re-election. He is busy trying to put a positive spin on his dropping poll numbers.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Oct. 23, 2012 12:36 a.m.

Maybe Mr. President to you. I respect the office, but not Barry.

* Took him two weeks to get off the video kick.

* uses an executive order to stop an investigation of thousands of American weapons to Mexican cartels. Weapons used to kill men, women, and children.

Go ahead! Defend him.

• Joe Moe Logan, UT
    Oct. 22, 2012 10:40 p.m.

I may be a Republican, but I believe Obama has been quite good in foreign affairs. Romney never had much hope of taking an edge in this category. He should be happy with a tie, and he came close to that tonight. Really, his main goal tonight needed to be to put undecided voters at ease that he could be at least OKAY at foreign affairs, so they can turn their attention to what they really care about, which is the economy, deficit, unemployment. I think he did that.

• spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Oct. 22, 2012 10:21 p.m.

@worf

not what he said but nice try at trying to twist the fact Romney looked like lost puppy and that would be Mr President to you.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Oct. 22, 2012 10:13 p.m.

Phranc,

what do you call a ship that goes under water?

an aircraft carrier has aircraft's landing on it.

Good barry!

• Phranc SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Oct. 22, 2012 9:07 p.m.

Romney's etch a sketch was working overtime. it was nice of him to write I agree with Obama and think he is doing great job on foreign policy though. We will see what his etch a sketch says to morrow.