U.S. & World

Ann Romney in Reno: Mitt a big-hearted, caring man

Comments

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Oct. 1, 2012 11:28 a.m.

RandomTraveler 4:08 a.m.:

I've been researching Romney since 2002, when my husband and I were considering backing his then-intended run for Utah's governor. For us, he lost his luster when he realized that Gov. Leavitt would be running for re-election and he would have to wait longer than he wanted to win a political office -- he then lied through his teeth and went to great extent to undo everything he had done to set himself up as a Utah resident so he could claim he was a Massachuetts resident and run for governor. He has a LONG history of lying for political purposes.

CI 9:09 a.m.:

I have no problem with Ann "supporting" her husband. I DO have a problem, though, with her lying for him and mis-representing him to the voters. I'm not "bashing" her -- I'm criticizing her for her dishonesty.

And FYI -- I'm not an Obama supporter and I won't be voting for him. I've just been trying to see if there is anyone better in the race. I will be voting for my dog, who is more qualified than either Obama or Romney.

• Bebyebe UUU, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:09 a.m.

"We've Given All You People Need To Know About the family's finances…"

“Stop it. This is hard.”

“It's our turn.”

“We, uh, use Ann sparingly right now so that people don’t get tired of her,”

Too late. We already are.

• Wally West SLC, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:08 a.m.

per Furry1993

Or, you could say Mitt cares for 1 out of 100 people.

• sergio Phoenix, AZ
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:01 a.m.

Attacking weak or wounded business and stripping them of their assets and disenfranchising the employees all for the greedy reason of making millions to hide in off shore shell and foreign bank accounts is not a business plan for a government economic recovery. It is not even a good business plan for a moral business. Mitt Romney is not the face of Mormonism

• Counter Intelligence Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 9:09 a.m.

@Furry1993

The fact that you are deeply offended by a woman supporting her husband says far more about you, and hypocritical vicious left wing feminist thought, that it does Ann Romney

Liberal feminists are the true misogynists because they have no scruples whatsoever about bashing non-complaint women in their quest for power (i.e. it is deemed offensive to call Sandra Fluke a slut - but Democratic delegates will wear buttons proclaiming nevertheless sluts while applauding serial molester Bill Clinton)

• RandomTraveler Livermore, CA
    Sept. 28, 2012 4:09 a.m.

Hmmmm, I see that Furry did not do any research as was suggested. It is time to stop the tired old leftwing rants Furry and really say something with substance. It is clear that the Stockholm Syndrome is alive and working here. Try the following four articles and lets compare Obama to Obama:
    Obama Versus Obama
    Obama Versus Obama Part II
    Obama Versus Obama Part III
    Obama Versus Obama Part IV

• I Bleed Blue Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 27, 2012 11:36 p.m.

She is one classy lady and Mitt is lucky to have her. To work as hard as she does with MS is an inspiration to all of us. She also hasn't thrown in the towel. Mitt has made more mistakes than the BYU on offense. I have to say this, I wish she was the one running for president.

• doc33 Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 27, 2012 11:33 p.m.

Just today as Romney's wife attempts to save his bacon again, another video surfaces with Romney talking about "harvesting" businesses that Bain had previously acquired. That, like the 47% speech, reveals who Mitt Romney really is, a guy with a business plan that advocates picking the bones clean of those various acquisitions and kicking the employees to the curb all for the sake of becoming wealthy and famous.

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Sept. 27, 2012 9:58 p.m.

With 40 days to go the whole presidental debate is about Mitt's charecter. He's a terrible candidate and it looks like America won't ever find out what type of Presidet he would be. Kudos to his wife for working her tail off for him. She's a strong lady.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 27, 2012 6:17 p.m.

Of course she'd say that. She's just one more politician, shilling for a candidate.

That doesn't make what she says true. It's pretty clear from Romney's comments that what she said isn't true.