Sports

High school football: Game of the week glance

Comments

• ProudBigBrother NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    Sept. 13, 2012 9:33 p.m.

Alta @ Jordan:
    The implications of this game are HUGE, both locally and nationally. The winner will solidify their claim as #1 in the state and possibly make top 25 in the country. I expect a mid range scoring game (in the 20's or 30's), the victory going to the team with the fewest turnovers and the least penalty yards given.

Both teams have what it takes to win. Both teams are capable in the passing and rushing game, Alta with the upper hand in passing and Jordan with the upper hand in rushing. I give the defensive advantage to Alta and the offensive advantage to Jordan. So, I guess we'll see who can go out and execute. I can't wait!

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Sept. 13, 2012 10:14 p.m.

Jordan: 31, Alta: 21. BOOK IT!! Jordan is finally gonna beat Alta. 6 years of losing is gonna end tomorrow night Alta. I guarantee it! Book it! Mark it down! Do whatever you want but this is the year Jordan beats Alta! Kick the hawks to the curb Diggers cause Jordan is the favorite to win the championship!!! Whoooooooo!

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Sept. 13, 2012 10:14 p.m.

• ProudBigBrother NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    Sept. 13, 2012 10:40 p.m.

Yeah, you've said that on several threads now. Thanks for that. And Bingham was also the favorite to win the championship, until Alta came along.

• amanap Washington, ut
    Sept. 13, 2012 10:44 p.m.

What does "book it" even mean?

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 10:02 a.m.

Book it means its gonna happen. I would bet my house on it that Jordan beats Alta tonight! Guaranteed they beat em! No doubt! Alta be ready for a trash whooping tonight cause austin is gonna run all over you

• ProudBigBrother NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 12:23 p.m.

@Parry in a farce

I didn't intend to imply that Bingham is down and out. Just that they aren't the favorite right now. I'd say Jordan, based on performance to this point, is the favorite, but hopefully that changes tonight. But I agree with you, I could see Jordan, Alta, Bingham or Syracuse taking the title this year. But we really haven't seen Brighton tested yet, so they may have a shot, too. Championship is still totally up in the air.
    As for tonight, Hawks are a better matchup with Jordan than East was. So I hope that the Jordan players have the same inflated opinion of themselves as Jfan :)

• UTOutlaw North Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 12:37 p.m.

You mean the same Jordan that lost errr I mean had a game suspended with East... If East's RB isn't stupid and celebrates like that, they beat Jordan by 8

• Proud to be American West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Jordan's wins over Fremont, Layton, and Kearns are opponents whose combined win/loss total is 2-11. There are not too many "good" teams in Utah that would not be 3-0 after that same beginning of a soft schedule.

Alta's wins over Timpview, Bingham, Olympus, and Riverton are opponents whose combined win/loss total is 10-7 - including two wins over #5 and #9 ranked teams in the latest DNews poll.

I still think Jordan is the slight favorite, but some of you are way too caught up in the wrong reasons as to why you think Jordan will show up and win. Alta has owned Jordan in football over the years, so it is going to be a much tougher task than beating up on 2-11 teams has been.

• Jfan Sandy, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 3:08 p.m.

@ Proud BB

My ego isnt inflated Im just absolutely sick of losing to Alta, and this is the year Jordan wins. I can feel it! I mean look at the last 5 years/games ive been to

my sophomore year: Jordan loses on a FG made by a kid called Moose

Junior year: Jordan gets thrashed by 35 points

Senior year: Jordan loses on a missed extra point

last year: Jordan lead 14-7 heading into the 4th quarter but blew it and lost 21-14... dang it

this year: I know Jordan will beat Alta. I can feel it! Jordan finally has the studs to knock down Alta and win this game. i know they will. So you see, its been heart break city for Jordan the last 5 or 6 years and this year it will finally change

• Uncle Sam West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 14, 2012 3:52 p.m.

JFan - Jordan has had the athletes to beat Alta in each of the past 3-4 years. The problem is, Jordan brings in kids that are not Jordan kids so it takes time to "gel" so to speak. Catching Alta early in the region season favors Alta, because Jordan takes longer to get the new kids that come from all around to "mesh" together.

Last year Alta had no business beating Jordan, Jordan had WAY better talent than Alta did. But that is why they play the games.