Sports

Utah State football: Aggies implementing triple threat to replicate 2011 rushing attack

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2012 5:01 p.m.

Utah - whatever score we want
    USU - whatever scores we allow

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Sept. 6, 2012 4:58 p.m.

Don't care what the score is. All I know is it won't be a close game. Utah as always will beat USU and do it impressively. USU can't beat Utah end of story.

• Dnquixote Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 6, 2012 12:22 p.m.

This "running attack" will be stiffled by Utah's defense. Mark that down (no lol).

But I think Chucky will give Utah's defense as a whole a good challenge. And if the hype about USU's defense is true, they will present Utah with a good challenge as well.

This should be a good game. Can't wait for it to start!

Go Utes.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Sept. 6, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Has anyone else noticed that all BYU fans (like ThomasJefferson above) end all their posts with "LOL"? What's up with that?

I like what Gary Anderson is doing with USU, but I don't care how many RB's they have in their backfield....Star is going to eat them alive.

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Sept. 6, 2012 10:50 a.m.

Looking forward to a well-played, competitive, safe game from both teams! I'm sure this will be a good one! Good luck Aggies, and go Utes!

• TruBlueAggie25 Logan, UT
    Sept. 6, 2012 9:55 a.m.

USU would have left SUU without a score if not for penalties... They had something like 6 pass interference calls. If they want to win against the U they can't have the 10 penalties for 120 yards they had last thursday... Should be a great game though.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 6, 2012 9:04 a.m.

Everyone agrees that the Ute D is amazing. A lesser known fact is that USU has a greatly improved D. This game is going to be a great battle.

Go Big Blue!!!

• govt rocks Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2012 8:38 a.m.

The backs will only go as far as their offensive line can take them. The thing about Turbin is that he could run well without a standout O line. Can these backs? We will certainly find out tomorrow night. USU is going to have to beat Utah's strength to win the game. If Utah wins the battle between their d line and USU's o line, utah is going to win the game. I think the game is close in the first half and Utah's depth and strength up front takes control in the second half and Utah wins the game.

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Sept. 6, 2012 5:24 a.m.

I went to Utah State's last game. Not a bad team. With the "urban, whit" attitude, I hope the Aggies club this pac 10 plus 2 school. And I am a Utah graduate.