BYU football: Bronco Mendenhall pleased with progress, lack of injuries, as camp winds down

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, UT
    Aug. 20, 2012 10:42 p.m.

"How comical, the majority of Y football articles always have a picture of Bronco instead of team members!"

Actually, the majority of BYU football articles have several photos, some of which are of Bronco, others of team members.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Aug. 20, 2012 12:31 p.m.

"Bronco Mendenhall pleased with progress,...."
    So why wouldn't it have his photo on the article?

• Carson Provo, UT
    Aug. 19, 2012 3:35 p.m.

• Duckhunted highland, utah
    Aug. 19, 2012 2:06 a.m.

you bring up actually good points!! i think my utes lack a lot in the kicking game too!!

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 18, 2012 3:49 p.m.

The kicking game is a big concern. Hopefully Stephenson is better than we're being led to believe. If Sorensen isn't taking any kicks now, the chances of him kicking in games is slim.

I know there's a lot of positive press about the lack of injuries, but am I the only one concerned that we only had two practices / scrimmages with full pads? Of course we had no injuries, there was no contact. I'm not a coach, but I hope that doesn't come back to haunt us. I expect Fall camp to be a little bit more rigorous to get us ready for the regular season.

• ColoradoCougarFan Loveland, CO
    Aug. 18, 2012 11:23 a.m.

That's tough to hear about Sorenson. Hard to be a kicker with no back strength. I'm glad the injuries are down. Last year the Cougars were destroyed by injuries before the year even began. I'm looking forward to a great new year. GO COUGS

• I Bleed Blue Las Vegas, NV
    Aug. 18, 2012 11:07 a.m.

A leaner, faster, healthier team. Hoping for a great season!

Aug. 18, 2012 9:24 a.m.

Wow, a cougar fan starting off the comments on a BYU article! You don't see that very often.

There must be a truck rally or something in SLC this morning.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    Aug. 18, 2012 7:34 a.m.

Last year, there were some fairly big injuries coming out of camp. I believe Iona broke his leg and was out the season. Seeing how few injuries happened, and this is a big senior-led team, this should be a great year and they should be in every game.

Kicking is probably the only major concern. Looking forward to learning more about Washington State now.