Sports

BYU football notebook: Depth chart will be kept secret until game week

Comments

• Proud Ute ,
    Aug. 14, 2012 6:41 p.m.

@QBU

"Either way, he SHOULD be the backup by the end of the season because he is gonna be the guy next year and we dont want a guy with no experience going into that tough schedule."

My thoughts exactly yet the Cougar coaches just don't seem to give their back-ups any significant game time.

• QBU OREM, UT
    Aug. 14, 2012 4:18 p.m.

GD, I dont know if you went to the scrimmage last week or not, but you shouldn't be worried about Hill. He looked very impressive in the scrimmage, aside from being a freak athlete, he looked very composed and mature. He was faced with multiple 3rd and long situations because of penalties, and each time he was able to avoid the rush and deliver a pass on the money to move the chains. Its hard to judge a performance by the stats. An incompletion could be because of a dropped ball, and the INT could be because of a tipped ball or something. Either way, he SHOULD be the backup by the end of the season because he is gonna be the guy next year and we dont want a guy with no experience going into that tough schedule.

• GD Syracuse, UT
    Aug. 14, 2012 3:39 p.m.

It seems to me that Taysom Hill is really struggling and he is the one getting the snaps. I hope he isn't another Jake Heaps.

• wahului Stockton, CA
    Aug. 14, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Chris B.:
    Good point!! Now back to the lab, Mr. Einstein needs your help!!!!

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Aug. 13, 2012 11:02 p.m.

Re: Chris B

I'll just laugh when the quick 4.9 guy returns a punt for a TD in the rivalry game and I will think of that comment you just made.

• Rtl447 ,
    Aug. 13, 2012 10:14 p.m.

IT won't let me go to the second page!!!!!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 13, 2012 10:11 p.m.

WSU won't know whether to prepare for the guy with 5.3 speed or the quick 4.9 guy.