Sports

Iona Pritchard ready to impact BYU's offense

Comments

• Osgrath Provo, UT
    Aug. 5, 2012 9:06 p.m.

Well, Mountainman just pointed out something I was not aware of but it answers a lot of my questions. This guy from El Paso that has nothing but critical comments and doesn't even try to hide his contempt for the Cougars' head coach. Now I know! He's not a Cougar fan at all.

I was just having a hard time making sense of his shrill rantings about how horrible the whole team and inept the coaching is in my belief he was a Cougar fan. This simplifies things.

He hates BYU, but he just has a different method of expressing his feelings than Chris B, Howard S or the rest.

• kaspercasey gilbert, AZ
    Aug. 5, 2012 1:58 p.m.

Seems like a good kid. Hope he has the blocking ability that Tonga had, that guy could lay people out. I think he will be a solid runner maybe 4 yards a carry.

• Mountainman56 Alpine, UT
    Aug. 5, 2012 12:32 p.m.

Wayne Rout

So who were those stories that you heard about? Let me think, over the last decade there's been Luke Staley, Fahu Tahi, Curtis Brown, Fui Vakapuna, Manase Tonga and Harvey Unga who have all been slightly better than 2 yards and a cloud of dust running backs. Like always, you have no substance to your anti-BYU rants.

• Silent Lurker Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 5, 2012 9:18 a.m.

Sounds like he is a really nice kid, best of luck on your rehab.

• Wally West SLC, UT
    Aug. 5, 2012 8:31 a.m.

@ Wayne Rout 9:48 p.m. Aug. 4, 2012

As a Dolphins fan, I feel your pain. The Wannstedt era was unbearable. But, when you hire a Defensive specialist as HC, that is a very possible outcome.

• basman West Jordan, UT
    Aug. 4, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Well that's a positive attitude. I think you will be surprised by both the quarterback play and the overall offensive success. Course it sounds like it won't take much to surprise you with those expectations.

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Aug. 4, 2012 9:48 p.m.

I hope this young man will be successful, but i've heard these stories before. I fear that it is just another 2 yards and a cloud of dust running back that is typical at BYU. With no quarterback this season he may be 1 yard and a cloud of dust.