Sports

Utah Utes football: Star running back John White IV soars into his senior season

Comments

• agb Layton, UT
    July 28, 2012 12:36 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum
    Dallas, TX
    Utah is a class act. Their players never boast, just play well.

Ever heard of the 'girlse state' cheerleaders?

Good luck to White. Great kid. Great story.

• Hatch Sandy, UT
    July 27, 2012 8:47 a.m.

Alaskan Ute I totally agree with your last paragraph. Interesting that this article was posted same day as an article concerning BYU and Wisconsin. There were no BYU fan post in this article until now. There are over 60 UTE fan post in the BYU article and every post that I read was belittling. Really really really there are much better things to discuss than BYU vs. Utah.

I read this article because I was interested to learn more about the player that ran back to back to back touchdowns against us last year. Sounds like a quite , cool kid. I hope we can slow him down this year. He is a great player with extreme lateral and downfield quickness.

• Alaskan Ute Fairbanks, AK
    July 26, 2012 6:48 p.m.

Before last season, I was skeptical of "Mr White" feeling he didn't have the size to be the player he has become. I now call him "Mr White" and am glad I was soooo wrong.

Utah-Hawaii Alum, do you have to bring up BYU on every article? Really? Move on already. Try to focus on the content of the article. Just focus, you can do it if you try really, really, hard.

• SoCalUtahFan Irvine, CA
    July 26, 2012 6:40 p.m.

@Utah-Hawaii Alum
    ...Utah is a class act. Their players never boast, just play well...

Well said. What I like best is when they lost a game, they gave other team credit.
    It's not like "we handed them the game", etc

Go Utes!

• jonnyboy Orem, UT
    July 26, 2012 5:36 p.m.

He may not be the most comfortable with the media but he is one of the coolest people I have ever met. I have talked to him several times on campus and he is chill to talk with anyone. He has even come up to talk and say hi. Just a flat out quality dude.

• CO Ute PARKER, CO
    July 26, 2012 1:21 p.m.

What a great young man and equally great story. Best of luck for another big year.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    July 26, 2012 9:57 a.m.

Utah will pound lowly BYu again........We just need the Utes to beat USU and hopefully USC. Goooooooo Utes!!!!!

• Utah'95 FPO, AE
    July 26, 2012 9:08 a.m.

Pound for pound, the Wolfman has got to be one of the most physical backs in college football. I love the way he gets yards after contact, and wears the defense down as the game goes on. Those are qualities typically found in much larger backs.

I can't wait for the season to begin. Go Utes!

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    July 26, 2012 8:53 a.m.

Good times, noodle salad.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    July 26, 2012 8:38 a.m.

Utah is gonna be tough this year.......I am kinda worried about Utah State however. The USC game will be unreal.........I can't wait to watch it.

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    July 26, 2012 8:26 a.m.

Clap for the Wolfman
    (clap clap clap)
    He gonna rate your record high...

Clap for the Wolfman
    You gonna dig him till the day you die!

Here's wishing you a great senior season, John. Utah is so happy you came our way.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    July 26, 2012 8:08 a.m.

This team has all the makings of a special special season. If they stay healthy, the sky truly is the limit. We know the D will be fine, so if White and Wynn stay healthy, there will be a date with USC and Oregeon for the Rose Bowl. I like the sound of that!

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 26, 2012 7:40 a.m.

John White is money. They had a fantastic season and basically carried the Utes at time. I'm extremely optimistic this year.

GO UTES >---------->

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    July 26, 2012 7:34 a.m.

Utah is a class act. Their players never boast, just play well.

• KamUte South Jordan, UT
    July 26, 2012 6:29 a.m.

Good luck John.

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    July 26, 2012 6:02 a.m.

Wolfman looked way uncomfortable during the interview on media day. Thats fine with me! just as long as he looks comfortable on the football field.