Sports

BYU football: Cougars land Idaho lineman JonRhyeem Peoples at junior day

Comments

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    June 17, 2012 12:52 p.m.

Y Grad / Y Dad

"The point is, 'Leave 16 year old kids alone!' Even you can see that, can't you?"

No, I can't. Who were you quoting? Because the only person to say that was YOU. Twice!

Seems to me that you and sammyg are just pissed off that there WEREN'T enough Ute fans panning this new recruit. That's pretty pathetic. Even you can see that, can't you?

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    June 16, 2012 9:30 a.m.

NV

The point is, "Leave 16 year old kids alone!" Even you can see that, can't you?

There are plenty of "exposure" articles, or "conference this, conference that" for you guys to keep your fangs sharp on, but LEAVE TEENAGERS ALONE!

Thank you.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 16, 2012 9:25 a.m.

@naval vet

Of course then you showed up.

But one "attack" on one article does not show the totality of things anymore than one game makes a season, unless of course it is the utah/BYU game in which case that is the whole season for utah "fans".

Fail.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 16, 2012 6:43 a.m.

@gored

How's the view from the trailer park this morning?

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    June 16, 2012 12:53 a.m.

sammyg:

"The personal attacks on these kids seems to be increasing."

ONE "attack" on this thread, and you're finding an INCREASE in them? So does that mean that Ute fan attacks are up from.....ZERO?

• sammyg Springville, UT
    June 15, 2012 10:56 p.m.

Y Grad

You sure nailed that. The personal attacks on these kids seems to be increasing.
    Kind of gives you some insight to the stuff Max referred to years ago.

"Stupid is as stupid does" Forest Gump

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    June 15, 2012 6:56 p.m.

GoRed

No, I'm pretty sure Bronco took one look at his fro and thought, "He can figure it out later, once the ink is dry."

Are you kidding me, U's? Do you really have to make stupid comments on every BYU football article?

• GoRed WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    June 14, 2012 11:45 a.m.

Does the kid know that there's an honor code? Cut his hair, and he's 100 lbs. lighter.

• tuffgong POCATELLO, ID
    June 14, 2012 12:14 a.m.

I'm confused about this as well.. They must be recruiting him on potential, cuz he was very average on a horrible HS team. His biological dad was a great RB at Idaho St. and I know he is a good kid. I hope he pans out at the Y, but there are DL in Idaho that spin circles around him..

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    June 14, 2012 12:12 a.m.

My 2 cents is to put him on the o-line as a guard. Athletic guards are always good for the run game, and BYU is looking at a few other d-line prospects that can make a bigger impact there. Either way, welcome aboard.

• mtnlion Idaho Falls, ID
    June 13, 2012 11:26 p.m.

I thought this kid was a pretty decent Basketball player but don't remember him making much of an impact as a football player. Then again, I didn't follow Rigby football much. I am guessing they saw some athleticism at Junior day and figure they can mold him into a good football player.

• MacNasty Rexburg, ID
    June 13, 2012 10:37 p.m.

This young man is from up where I reside. Let me tell you, he is the real deal. This kid has the potential to be great on either side of the ball. He will turn heads.

Great find for the cougs and good luck to JonRhyeem.