Utah football: Wynn remembers not to dive on fumble, avoids injury

• WhoAmISir Holladay, UT
    April 25, 2012 7:20 p.m.

@ The Quack Master

54-10 that is how good Wynn is.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 24, 2012 3:15 p.m.

No you don't "love it". You hate it. That is why I "love it".

• Ares Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 24, 2012 2:15 p.m.

I love how BYU "fans" like Ducky troll Utah articles.

hey Ducky,

54-10 buddy.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 24, 2012 11:23 a.m.

I love how worked up I make utah "fans". LOL!

I won't be making a prediction on the game, I seldom do make them, there is just no way to know. But I will point out the utah "fans" are the ones making the big predictions. We'll find out in a few months if they are correct. If they aren't it should be fun for me.

• Jenny83 OGDEN, UT
    April 23, 2012 3:21 p.m.

Howard the Duck!

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 23, 2012 3:14 p.m.

Funny how Ducky trolls on Utah articles and makes it all about him.

He doesn't have ANY opinion on the next Utah-BYU game. Like last year, he'll be hiding in "Tulsa" again for a couple of weeks in September. And we won't have to see his drivel much longer, assuming he mans up and quits posting--as he promised last June--when the Pac-12 Network is up and rolling.

Bye, Ducky.

• SoonerUte Salt Lake City, UT
    April 23, 2012 12:55 p.m.

You can't use Utah's spring game as a predictor of the game with BYU in the fall. As you know, Utah's effort is a non-factor in the outcome. Traditionally, BYU either "gives away" the game, or biased referees hand victory to the Utes.

• UtahUte16 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 23, 2012 12:46 p.m.

What is your take on this year's rivalry game at RES? I'd like to know how you think it may turn out and why.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 23, 2012 12:08 p.m.

Lotsa big talk from utah "fans" about this coming season.

• KH Holladay, UT
    April 23, 2012 11:56 a.m.

Duckhunter said,

"But I've seen enough of wynn and hays to know neither of them is particularly good."

He is also thought Jake Heaps was the next Heisman trophy winner so he obviously knows what he is talking about.

• Proud Ute ,
    April 22, 2012 9:01 p.m.

So..... in summary, we have a troll who admits he wasn't even at the game pontificate on the quality of the QB play at a game he did not see and then proceed to make "logical" deductions based on a opinion that Schultz "threw the best passes of the day" and pronounce him "the best looking of the bunch".
    Nothing like skipping over spring camp and the story on your way to the grand misconslusion.

But.... just for fun, does that mean if Schultz is the QB that delivers the beatdown this year you're going to stick around for the aftermath? After all you called it here first! LOL

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    April 22, 2012 8:48 p.m.

I said the best passes of the day were by Shulz. I did not say he is the best QB and should be starting next fall. Because, as has been pointed out, the other QBs all had good performances. Shulz is 5th on the depth chart for a reason - the others are better than him. But if Shulz can perform well, then so much better are the others.

Sorry to disappoint you, but simple logic confirms that this all bodes well for Utah next season.

• Jenny83 OGDEN, UT
    April 22, 2012 7:23 p.m.

Utah will be much improved from last year.....Look for the an even bigger beat down of the Cougs than last years 54-10 thumping in Happy valley.

• Ares Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 22, 2012 6:38 p.m.

Spring games are not set up to make players look great. This is not BYU. It's a scrimmage game to get some reps and experience. Nothing pretty about that.

I smell another beat down on your sorry team this year.

• Smack Jefferson City, MO
    April 22, 2012 5:43 p.m.

Well, Duckhunter, the last time you saw Wynn up close and personal was at the BYU-Utah game. And you know how that turned out.

But no doubt you are commenting on how you expect Wynn to do against the real competition that he will face in the PAC-12. So it's probably silly of me to bring up BYU.

I grant that Wynn is still a bit of a question mark for PAC-12 play. He's done some good work against some PAC-12 teams, but we need to have him play a whole season. I, for one, am excited to see how he does.

Anyway, thanks for your continuing interest in the Utes.

Go UTES!

• NC-Utes Toad Suck, AR
    April 22, 2012 5:04 p.m.

I smell a championship team this year!

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 22, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Oh afro one other thing. This was a spring game. They all look great in spring games. It is set up to make them look great.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 22, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Nope I didn't go, not a chance. But I've seen enough of wynn and hays to know neither of them is particularly good. I saw just about every high school game Hansen ever played so I'm pretty sure he is destined for defense. But logic dictates that if the 5th string qb was the best looking of the bunch, and I am more than familiar with 3 of the other 4, then the qb's are not all the future studs utah "fans" are delusionally making them out to be.

• ahmyers San Leandro, CA
    April 22, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Was at the scrimmage and Wynn really struggled more than the article indicates. Also didn't realized how tall Travis Wilson is, he's a little skinny looking, but noticeably tall on the field. Look forward to seeing the quarterback competition play out in Fall camp. I realize it's not fair to make a judgment based on a single, low-pressure, limited exhibition scrimmage against our own team, but based on the performances Saturday Wynn should be no where near the top of the depth chart.

• afro14 Sandy, UT
    April 22, 2012 3:46 p.m.

Did you go to the game or have you paid any attention to Utah spring football this year? Did you even read the article? Apparently not, because all 5 quarterbacks that played had good showings. Wynn, Hays, Wilson, Hansen, and Shultz we're all making big plays and throwing some pretty balls. Pretty impressive, especially considering that Wilson, Hansen, and Shultz are all freshmen.

• BYU, Always #1 Saratoga Springs, UT
    April 22, 2012 10:32 a.m.

I hardly ever read ute articles, but the headline of >>>DONT

• Mike Johnson Stafford, VA
    April 22, 2012 9:52 a.m.

flintrock, if you look at Wynn's 2008 Maxprep profile at Oceanside, it says he weighed 190. Clearly, your reference to 155 lbs exaggerates how light he was.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 22, 2012 8:23 a.m.

utes fan wrote "But if, in my opinion, the best passes of the day were with the QB who is 5th on the depth chart, then it goes to show you that Utah has options and depth at QB that they have never had."

Or that the others aren't very good.

• flintrock Rigby, Id
    April 22, 2012 7:57 a.m.

When it comes right down to it Utah has been very average for the last 3 years. That is what
    you get when you recruit a 155 pound QB from California and cram 45 pounds on his frame and then are shocked when he gets injured all the time. With a good QB the last three years would have been very different. Whit cannot admit that he blew it with Wynn and he is doubling down again this year. More of the same...running for your life when the play breaks down from Wynn. Its time to move on and let Wynn go to the D3 school he deserves.

• Qwest Perfected Salt Lake City, UT
    April 22, 2012 1:15 a.m.

The Utes looked good today. They were way ahead of last years offense for sure.

It is really nice to see how much depth we have at some key positions - QB, RB and our receivers all looked pretty good.

I also agree there were a lot more people there this year than last. That was the most crowded spring game I've ever seen. There is a lot of excitement and enthusiasm around this team for sure.

I think the Utes can be a pretty good team this year if they can all stay healthy. The season can't come soon enough.

• Rwright Seattle, WA
    April 22, 2012 12:27 a.m.

Do you play tennis? 'Cause that title was a wonderful backhanded shot.

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    April 21, 2012 10:09 p.m.

It was a fun game. Great weather also. Utah's 5th on the depth chart quarterback Adam Shulz looked really good. Granted it was one series. Granted it was against a watered-down defense in a spring game. But if, in my opinion, the best passes of the day were with the QB who is 5th on the depth chart, then it goes to show you that Utah has options and depth at QB that they have never had.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    April 21, 2012 10:03 p.m.

Thank goodness Norm moved on. He would have had a heart attack on that fumble.

• Wallbanger Spanish Fork, UT
    April 21, 2012 8:18 p.m.

No doubt that there was way more there this year than last. It almost seemed like a regular season game at times...almost. I am curious as well as to how they count the fan attendance. The popularity and talent level for Utah football is going through the roof. And please expand the stadium soon. It was a blast watching all those young new players, and Wilson really impressed me. It was a lot of fun at the game today. Living in Utah County, it was good to be amongst my fellow, die-hard Ute fans. I love Rice-Eccles, so many good times there. Football cannot start soon enough. Go Utes!!

• Mount Olympus Salt Lake, UT
    April 21, 2012 7:45 p.m.

September is too far away!

• umanami Draper, UT
    April 21, 2012 7:12 p.m.

13,500 in the stands? Where did the 500 come from? With the game being free it is impossable to get an exact count, but by my estimates there were near 20,000 in the stands. That was the largest crowd I have seen take in the Utah Spring Red/White game. Last years estimates were near 15,000 and this year that number was clearly broken by several thousands. Point being the popularity of University of Utah Football program is growing and as a 24 year season ticket holder I am enjoying watching this program grow in talent and popularity. It is great to be a Ute these days. Go Utes!