Sports

View from the Booth: Utah Utes football: Don't read too much into Red-White game

Comments

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 24, 2012 10:32 p.m.

@elmer

"I'm still laughing that you actually believe BYU is a top 25 team."

Uh....they are a top 25 team. It is right there in the record books. Are you that far into denial that you cannot even fathom fact?

• Elmer Fudd Sandy, Utah
    April 23, 2012 3:49 p.m.

@ sammyg

2 can play that game.

BYU is also going for the Trifecta of sports bloopers:

2011: 16-17, 54-10, 38-28
    2010: 14-35, 10-34, 27-13, 16-31, 3-31, 16-17

"I'm still laughing about 54-10 and how it factored in BYU's national ranking over the Utes. No one cared but the locals".

I'm still laughing that you actually believe BYU is a top 25 team. LOL. I guess those WAC teams really put BYU to the test after the cougies rolled over and played dead against superior competition.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    April 21, 2012 9:59 p.m.

pebbles

And I can't wait to see 'big boy' conference football too.

If there's one thing I can count on it's the Utes making more championship embarrassing moment cliff dives... on national tv. Good thing last year the losses were mostly local televised little things.

Are the Utes going for a Trifecta for season ending bloopers this year?

2010 - 7-47, 3-28, 3-26
    2011 - 17-14

I'm still laughing about 54-10 and how it factored in BYU's national ranking over the Utes. No one cared but the locals.

Guess overall the Cougars were the better team according to the people that really count and that's what makes national relevance.

Ouch-O-Rama

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    April 21, 2012 6:09 p.m.

Gosh where so good in The Byu that we don't even need to red and white game. We dont need the extra practice like in bowl games to.

• Utes22 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    April 21, 2012 4:15 p.m.

Just got back from the Red and White game. Very fun and the team overall is looking much deeper. Can't wait for the season!

• Bleed Crimson Sandy, Utah
    April 21, 2012 2:14 p.m.

@ jarka-rus

"hmmm where are all the Ute "fans"? must be over commenting on the team they truly love to follow".

They're probably at the red and white game. They want to see how real football teams play football.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    April 21, 2012 1:56 p.m.

hmmm where are all the Ute "fans"? must be over commenting on the team they truly love to follow.

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    April 21, 2012 11:14 a.m.

News flash samanthag, the Utes offense has been on fire most of Spring Ball unlike last year where come Fall they still made your team look Div III. How did the Kittens Spring Ball go; that's right not well. Can't wait until Sept. for another Y beat down at the hand of the Utes; it's pretty much the way it is these days for the mid major Cougs.

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    April 21, 2012 8:56 a.m.

Wish I could be there! Go Utes!

• AntelopeValleyUte Palmdale, CA
    April 20, 2012 10:02 p.m.

I wish I could join the party! For those who are attending, have fun and enjoy! Go UTES!!!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    April 20, 2012 8:20 p.m.

Awe shucks. I thought these things were very important. What's different this year from any other year?

Oh, that's right, it's the same but it's different. A new OC and another new offense.

I bet there are plenty of 'rosie' predictions, parades, south division championships, conference and BCS bowls that come out of this one. Can't wait.