Faith

President Monson promises 'This great cause will go forward' as conference opens

Comments

• Hank Pym SLC, UT
    April 12, 2012 10:17 p.m.

Its gone from a "marvelous work and wonder" to a "great cause"? Interesting & I'm not even a linguist or marketing specialist.

• LValfre CHICAGO, IL
    April 2, 2012 12:42 p.m.

"This was the most disappointing and least inpiring Conference I have seen. Hopefully at least City Creek made some bling."

They aren't the only ones making money ...

• mightymite DRAPER, UT
    April 1, 2012 7:15 p.m.

• RyanWhiting OREM, UT
    April 1, 2012 11:55 a.m.

It has been a great conference. Many times I have heard these messages before, but conference gives me a period of time to really listen and think about these principles. Also, as I continue to grow I find that the messages still have power to help me because now I am facing new challenges, and am working on different things. Conference never gets old! Love it!

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 1, 2012 11:31 a.m.

I am impressed with the amount of selfless service performed by those leading the LDS Church. Their messages are meant to help make this world a better place for all who dwell here.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    April 1, 2012 8:40 a.m.

I love conference because I know I can trust what is being said and encouraged. I love the feeling of peace when I listen to our prophet and his counselors. President Monson is a great example of what is right. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly the only true Church upon the face of the earth..I believe this with all of my heart and revere all the principles that is teaches.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    April 1, 2012 8:17 a.m.

Wonderful, uplifting messages!

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    April 1, 2012 12:26 a.m.

If you haven't bought in to the program, the rhetoric that comes out of these conferences simply doesn't have the kind of gravitas people give it here.

• Supporting LDS Church Salt Lake City, UT
    March 31, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I had to work during the first session but I want to express my feelings on the second so far.

First, I can't help but say that conference is such a wonderful blessing for everyone. After viewing Jeffrey R. Holland and Robert D. Hales' giving such profound talks I won't be able to finish the rest of this session. Their words have inspired me to go do something I should be doing right now. I'm not saying this to boast, nor do I feel I have anything really to boast about anyway. I just wanted to post this to express my gratitude for their wonderful example and messages and express that their influence is having a real impact on people's lives, including my own. This is my saying thank you to them.