Sports

Utah baseball: No. 6 UCLA Bruins hammer Utes, plating 16 runs

Comments

• agb Layton, UT
    April 1, 2012 2:22 p.m.

This must be a different team than the "Omaha bound Utes" we heard about a few weeks ago.

• Truth Machine Salt Lake City, UT
    March 31, 2012 11:10 p.m.

Living on Borrowed Light

To no one's surprise:

Football - 8th place
    Basketball - 11th place
    Baseball - obviously, NOT even competitive

U can talk about the Pac 12 being the "conference of champions" all U want,

but the truth is,

except for the Red Rocks,

Utah is, and always will be, a bottom dweller.

Call us the first time Utah actually wins a Pac 12 championship, let alone a national championship, in anything besides women's gymnastics - it could be decades, if ever.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 31, 2012 12:31 p.m.

@duckhunter

I appreciate how we can both be happy following our own team. I love every aspect of being a Ute and a member of the PAC-12. We know who our rivals are. I love seeing Utah playing the very best! I appreciate watching future professionals play. I thrill to see us playing nationally ranked teams in every sport. As far as the Utes first year goes I am proud (and surprised!) we haven't finished last in any sport to date. And I think the future is unbelievable - with the exposure (PAC-12 network and national coverage) and additional monies our teams will vastly improve. (I realize we may never be competitive in some sports .ie - baseball with the climate advantange others have.) If you were a betting man a sure thing will be the Utes men's basketball (and I think possible the football team) will be the most imporved in the league next year.

As for the Cougar athletes and fans, you can have pride and enjoy victories in whichever conference that particular sport is played.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    March 31, 2012 11:19 a.m.

8 months is a long time to wait between mediocre football seasons huh utah "fans"? Especially when not one other sport at the university of utah is even vaguely respectable or worth watching.

LOL!

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    March 31, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Any comments about kinneberg's pre season proclomations utah "fans"?

• sammyg Springville, UT
    March 31, 2012 8:03 a.m.

No Omaha for U, so sad.

• phoenix Gilbert, AZ
    March 30, 2012 11:59 p.m.

Do the Utes have any men's teams capable of finishing in the upper half of the PAC 12?

• Real Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    March 30, 2012 10:58 p.m.

U don't belong with the big boys!