Sports

Video: BYU, Utah football: Signing day special 2012 - Part 3

Comments

• Otis Spurlock Ogden, UT
    Jan. 31, 2012 4:13 p.m.

I've just finished some calculations. After signing up Theodore King, BYU's recruiting class should rank in the top 25.

• Otis Spurlock Ogden, UT
    Jan. 31, 2012 11:02 a.m.

Maybe I have been too harsh on BYU. Since signing Theodore King, I have come to appreciate BYU much more.

Theodore King is a young man who was not offered a single Division 1 scholarship despite wanting to play at such powerhouses as San Jose State, Fresno and Sacramento. It looked like his dream of playing football was doomed.

Suddenly, Roscoe gives him a scholarship and a chance to live the dream. Maybe magic does happen in Provo. In any event, good job BYU.

Very truly yours,

Uncle Otis

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    Jan. 30, 2012 10:15 p.m.

Hiva Lutui vs. Theodore King --- enough said!!

Great to be a Ute!!

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 30, 2012 9:10 p.m.

Brandon heavily implies that Hansen only committed to Utah to play QB when that simply isn't the case. He said when he committed he planed to play defense and it wasn't until he had a great senior season that there was talk of him playing QB. Scout still lists him as a linebacker. He chose Utah because he wants to play at Utah. He knows he still may end up on defense.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Jan. 30, 2012 8:49 p.m.

OL Hiva Lutui gave Utah a verbal commitment today over the other 2 of his top 3 USC and BYU.

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Jan. 30, 2012 7:43 p.m.

I have grown up a BYU fan and I am still a BYU fan to this day. I will admit that I was even a bit of a Utah "hater" growing up. I got older, life happened, and there was a bit of a time when I even went through an "anti-BYU" phase, which I think is quite a bit more common now among a lot of young Mormon kids in Utah. After serving a mission, the experience actually led to me becoming a BYU fan again, because of the work I was doing, who I represented, and who BYU represents. I've grown up and matured more, and I actually have a lot of respect for what Utah has done. I no longer hate Utah even though I am still a BYU fan. I have a lot of respect for both teams now.