Red roundup (a.m): Utes, Ducks represent Pac-12 well

• Qwest Perfected Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 9:51 p.m.

I was very happy to see Utah start a new bowl game winning streak. With how many teams the PAC got into bowl games I was surprised the Utes were the first team to get a win.

Both Stanford and Oregon are very good teams and I thought Stanford was the better team in their bowl game but failed to put it away.

Regardless of the bowl record, the PAC had 2 teams go to BCS games and the Utes represented well - that's the difference of being in a major conference. I expect both Boise and TCU will be happy about that next year.

There is a lot to be excited about Utah's program right now. They are upgrading their facilities, the level at which they compete and the talent of the players coming into the program.

Now hopefully coach K can turn the basketball program around too.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I thought Stanford represented the Pac12 very well. That was a great college football game with two excellent teams. I wish Okie state got a shot at the winner of the LSU / Bama game. Instead they will settle for No. 2.

• Th Tooele, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 12:26 p.m.

After watching Utah lose the game against Colorado on missed field goals, I hate seeing teams march down the field, dominate the opponent and then kill their drive to attempt a field goal.

Stanford had 50 seconds and a few downs left when they decided to set up for the field goal team. Likely they score a late touchdown or line-up for a chip shot field goal.

Ah well, I think the PAC 12's future is bright!

Go Ute's

• williary Kearns, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 12:20 p.m.

No shame in Stanford losing to OSU, they are a very good football team. Stanford represented the conference well, along with Utah and Oregon. Would have liked to see USC get a crack at someone like Baylor, OSU, Wisconsin as well. They were playing as well as anyone in the country at the end of the season.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 11:50 a.m.

Jake2010 -

Actually, it was your comment that was weak.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Jan. 3, 2012 11:25 a.m.

Seems to me that 5 PAC-12 fan camps have nothing but love for the utes... Those being ASU, California, Colorado, USC, and..... Washington..... Only WSU, Arizona, Oregon State and UCLA would wanna hate on the Utes, that only if they don't hate on themselves for being so weak!

• niners SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 10:44 a.m.

After all the hate Utah was getting at the beginning of the season by other PAC 12 fans, they are all proud to claim Utah as a member of the PAC now! who gets the last laugh??