Sports

Red roundup: Washington State QB injured during loss to Utes

Comments

• Nostradamus Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 23, 2011 4:39 p.m.

I hope this kid is alright and getting better. He is a competitor and lots of talent (hmmm, may be better to play for the Utes than against them...red shirt a year and make sure all is healed up well...???).

Seriously, best wishes for a quick recovery.

Go Utes!

• pocyUte Pocatello, ID
    Nov. 22, 2011 9:11 p.m.

Holliday was nails, and he took a lot of hard hits. Best of luck to him, hope he recovers quickly

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    Nov. 22, 2011 8:52 p.m.

I wish a speedy recovery to Halliday. He was outstanding vs ASU and considering what he was playing through against the Utes, wow, what a competitor. Looking forward to seeing him next year at RES.

I'm glad I'm not Colorado's QB at this point. He's got to be a little nervous.

• MN Ute SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 22, 2011 6:43 p.m.

You have to admit it's gotta be kinda scary as a quarterback hearing that the Ute D can slam you so hard you lacerate your liver. I'm sorry it happened to Halliday, the kid's a great qb, it was impressive how he managed to play through the injury and the 4th quarter deficit. Hope he's not in the ICU too long, he's got a great future ahead of him and a name to carve into the "conference of quarterbacks".

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Nov. 22, 2011 4:43 p.m.

Jeez! I hope he recovers quickly and fully.

• uteowl Sunnyvale, CA
    Nov. 22, 2011 4:17 p.m.

The news about Halliday's injury should have been reported in SLC back on Sunday when it was first known. I hope he'll be alright. The kid has a bright future and I wish him the best of luck (except for games against teams from Utah).

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 22, 2011 10:20 a.m.

Phenomenal article on Alex Smith.
    I think this phrase sums it up nicely:

"... the reasons to question Smith keep fading. Nine games into the season, it has been an all-you-can-eat crow buffet for the people who had written him off. To that point, Dilfer heaps one last bit of praise, noting that Smith has resisted what must be a strong temptation to gloat."

I hope Alex and the 49ers keep it rolling - and that from a Cowboys fan who couldn't stand them in the past.
    With every passing week this becomes a better and better story of loyalty, perseverance, hard work and humility. I can root for that any day.