Red roundup: Sun Devils enjoying view atop Pac-12 South

• Mesa Coug Phoenix, AZ
    Oct. 7, 2011 2:12 p.m.

ASU 38
    Utah 9

Nuff said.

Oct. 6, 2011 10:52 p.m.

wardu, you think a neutral field would help when HOME FIELD netted you a 44 point deficit? I'll see your 44 and raise you 20 on neutral! "Epic" indeed, but very one-sided. Correction: 2 turnovers given to us. 5 forced by us.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Oct. 6, 2011 9:48 p.m.

Time to knock the devils off the top, baby!

Go Utes!

• sports-junkie West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Vontaze for President.

(fear the fork)

• PAC 10.2 Doormat Springville, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 8:20 p.m.

This is hilarious seeing Ute fans discuss this game.

I'll get the morgue ready for the post mortem. I can see the D-News headline with the Ute obituary already.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Oct. 6, 2011 7:45 p.m.

ClassyUte - I'll take that as a no, you are afraid you might not have 7 turnovers given to U and might have to earn a win, like you did at USC and Washington? You're on. Concentrate on getting bowl eligible and we'll talk. I think a rematch would be epic. Neutral field? Playing for pride. We all saw how U worked Boise last year in the the Vegas Bowl. Pathetic.

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Oct. 6, 2011 7:33 p.m.

@wiley old school- ya, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

I'll admit it, we're in trouble. Not having a viable backup is really dumb. I wish there were trades in college football, even Lark would be a step up from Hays

• Wiley Old School RIC, VA
    Oct. 6, 2011 7:01 p.m.

Chris B is over-the-top, often embarrassing to the rest of us Utes, and not very accurate in his predictions. But boy he nailed the rivalry game this season!

• ClassyUte SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 4:48 p.m.

Wardu, Utah would dominate BYU again if they played. BYU is on the same level as Utah State. Have fun barely squeaking by San Jose State this week.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Oct. 6, 2011 3:40 p.m.

Hey Ute fan, care for a rematch in the Armed Forces Bowl? Oh wait, U will have to get bowl eligible first. Long shot at that.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Oct. 6, 2011 3:34 p.m.

Well we all recall how well Crissy's prediction of last year's Vegas Bowl turned out. He will disappear for a while after the Utes lose again, but he'll be back, loony as ever.

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 3:19 p.m.

Here's hoping all the Utes realize how big a game this is. This game means the difference between still having a shot at the South Division Title and simply playing for a lower level bowl game. We're only 3 point underdogs. We've been in worse spots before and gutted it out. Time to dig deep Utes.

• Kosta Fesenko Chicken McNuggetville, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:54 p.m.

wow, duckhunter hunter has a parody account now. A parody of a parody. pretty cool if you ask me.

• billybubba South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:23 p.m.

Chris b is the most wonderful prognosticator on the D-news and he is hardly ever wrong so mark it down

• sports-junkie West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:19 p.m.

Vontaze is going to have a hay-day. Nothing against U, he just does that EVERY week.

(fear the fork)

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:16 p.m.

ASU is on top. Utah is far below. Utah will see nothing but the bottom of ASU's cleats as they get stomped this Saturday. Your prediction makes it all the more likely.

• MESOUTE Wandering, Earth
    Oct. 6, 2011 1:13 p.m.

Time for the Utes to stop talking about the PAC 12 and start competing in the PAC 12. I want to see a team that is more focused on their opponent than which color combination they are going to wear. Defense needs to play out of their heads for us to be in this game and I hope they do. But I have very little confidence in out tiny, slow LBs. I am hoping for a 10-7 Utah win. Maybe hoping too much after what I saw last weekend.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 12:44 p.m.

I think Chow and Kyle will draw up 3-4 trick plays during the game to keep the defensive out of their comfort zone. If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. And I dont think Hayes will be put in many situations to turn it over. It will be a running game mixed with safe passes and trick plays.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 12:24 p.m.

Duckhunter Hunter,

Kindly do not come to the game Saturday. One you are wrong. And two that is the wrong attitude.

I will remind you(and all BYU fans) for the rest of the year about me being right about this Saturday.

Utah 30
    Arizona State 14

Mark it Down!

• Duckhunter Hunter Alpine, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Chris B,

I am a Utah fan and can confidently say that Utah will NOT win the PAC-12 South. With a D2 QB, they will lose by 30, maybe more, this Saturday. ASU has every reason in the world to be motivated for this game and will show up looking for blood. ASU soundly beat Washington at Washington last year and is a better team this year.

ASU 44 Utah 13

• Old ball coach Sandy, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 11:42 a.m.

Your looking through Crimson colored glasses....always have been! That's a mighty big IF for this weeks game! Don't count on a loss in the Oregon game either....

Go Trojans!!!

• MondayMorningQB A Van Down by The River, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 11:31 a.m.

Chris....Chris time to wake-up. Chris Chris its time for school. And if you are not sleeping then you are ignoring the facts. If you did not like the baptism into the PAC12 you got from the Dawgs then you will hate the game on Saturday vs the Devils. There is no clear path for the Utes to the PAC12 South Title period dot. Utes still have scheduled losses which are yet to occur against Cal, Oregon State (a resurgent Beavers squad at that) and UCLA. Oh and an angry Arizona team in Tucson.....not good odds at all. "If we beat Arizona State we would control our own fate" that might work on a hallmark greeting card, but its far from the truth. But I do agree with your sentiments on Oregon as they will run the PAC12 table again.....unfortunately they will most likely embarrass the PAC12 again with the miss-match vs a SEC team.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 6, 2011 10:28 a.m.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Utah will win the Pac 12 south division. If we beat Arizona State we would then control our fate. Arizona State has the misfortune of playing Oregon. That would be 2 losses for both Utah and Ariziona. We would hold the tiebreaker over Ariziona State and a clear path to play Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game.