Sports

Early returns but questions remain in state football successes

Comments

• Captain Sweatpants Hampstead, NC
    Sept. 8, 2011 5:53 p.m.

Wow, a Pulp Fiction reference in a Deseret News article!

Didn't see that coming.

• SCCougar LEXINGTON, SC
    Sept. 8, 2011 11:29 a.m.

It's getting closer to game time! I've read a lot of DN articles of about pretty much the same things. Yes BYU needs to execute better on offense and ratchet up their defense to come away with a win on Saturday.
    Go Coogs! By the way, has anyone heard from Hedgie lately?

• cougarNV Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 7, 2011 10:44 p.m.

My my my..., Chris B just practically assured a Cougar victory with that forecast.

I am amazed at his insatiable need for banter and ridicule with and from Cougar fans.

Thanks for the humor friend.

Go Cougars!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 7, 2011 8:19 p.m.

My guesses:

Utah 32
    USC 21

Texas 32
    byu 17

• flintrock Rigby, Id
    Sept. 7, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Wynn is well on his way to being a bust for the Utes. He has no swagger and has the deer in the headlights look most of the time. He does not reflect confidence in his leadership ability and just looks like a little kid who is way over his head most of the time. He is prone to injury because he just does not have a football body. He was 6'1" out of high school and 155 pounds. He was injured in a spring scrimmage where he was not supposed to get hit for crying out loud. Whits biggest bust in my opinion. Louks was kicked down the road for this.

If I was USC I would throw and throw and throw on the Utes. Everyone in our secondary is green. Whit chose speed over experience. It will be interesting to see if USC exploits this weakness

• sports-junkie West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 7, 2011 3:00 p.m.

Dang, Michael from Taylorsville is UPSET!!!

Settle down, buddy.

Also, Go Cougs!!!

• Michael Gabbitas Taylorsville, UT
    Sept. 7, 2011 2:28 p.m.

Um . . . Montana State IS a Division 1 school. Although your observations are largely astute, before commenting on Division 1 football, learn what Division 1 football is. I realize the NCAA made it more confusing when they came up with the new names and all that, but remember the old names? 1-A and 1-AA? Notice anything about them? That's right, they both start with 1. Here's a pop quiz: Find the difference - a) Division I b) Division II. That's right! See? You can do it!