Sports

Blue roundup: Ole Miss linebacker impact player

Comments

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2011 8:45 a.m.

Bet the individual prices per game reflects how much BYU is relatively paying each team to come here. Meaning, what each team's percentage of the season ticket pie amounts to.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Aug. 5, 2011 9:39 p.m.

Demand for the "super easy games" will go up if BYU manages to start well this year.

• Big Hapa Kaysville, UT
    Aug. 5, 2011 5:07 p.m.

Wow lets simmer down, awesome that's a "mighty mighty bostones song "! Lets let the season begin and then we can loose our minds.

• Big Hapa Kaysville, UT
    Aug. 5, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Issue ? I simply pointed out the easy teams had a real low dollar value which apparently parallels there level and quality of play. Me thinks you protest to much. The bogey man is not real brother.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Aug. 5, 2011 3:22 p.m.

Thanks for trying to make an issue where none exists. If you've ever tried to buy single-game tickets for an away game, the prices vary according to the opponent because of the demand. That isn't rocket science; it's modern marketing. If Utah wasn't such a rival, the ticket prices for them would be lower. Eventually that might happen. But so what?

• Big Hapa Kaysville, UT
    Aug. 5, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Hey I got my season ticket booklet yesterday and I noticed something very odd, up in the corner of each ticket the price is listed. I do not remember seeing that before ? Or maybe I never noticed the Dollar amount discrepancy before.

The super easy games i.e. New Mexico State, San Jose State, Idaho, Idaho State, & Utah State {never under estimate an opponent} all are listed at $12.33 and the Central Florida price is $12.35 while the Utah game is listed at $60.00 ?

Perhaps they want the scalping purchasers to know the real value of the ticket?

Perhaps they felt they needed to rebate the cup cake games because they should be that easy ?

I do not know why ? Perhaps a little embarrassment of the schedule and its lack of luster opponents ?

One of those things that make you go HUM !