Utah

'Embarrassing' waving dad has gone viral

Comments

• westcoastlife saltlake city, utah
    June 13, 2011 2:39 p.m.

What a great Father His Story was very much Admired.
    The Drama Yes Why not Hes just having fun At this.

Why not Hes making others get up and Laugh some with his costume ideas
    Read story!
    He only has One Leg!God Bless him his wife & son Family Out in American Fork Ut,USA

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    June 13, 2011 12:30 p.m.

This story is the best of the Year.

More Dad's should be like this guy!

=========

[Shame on all the nay-sayer commenting on the DN.
    Comments like "Why isn't this guy working?...Where did he get the money for the all Costumes?...ect.] is telling to those who put their love of $$$ money, ahead of the Love of a caring Father.

• kkodey Salt Lake City, UT
    June 13, 2011 11:08 a.m.

Whatever happened to this guy's leg??? Has anybody bothered to ask him that???

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    June 13, 2011 10:48 a.m.

More notariety for a bully. What a shame we're raising generations of people who think it's OK to bully and embarrass, as long as it's done in 'jest'. What in the world have we become today?

• momofbron Brooklyn, NY
    June 13, 2011 9:33 a.m.

I think that this guy is a riot! If my dad did this, I would definitely be embarassed at first, then when I saw how much other people enjoyed it, my attitude would definitely change. I think it's very funny. What an imagination.

• Shawnm750 Lehi, UT
    June 13, 2011 8:30 a.m.

@K - If you'd read any of the other articles about this guy, you'd know that he and his son have a good relationship, but he wanted to do something extra special. And, contrary to some article headlines, the son has said that while he was embarrassed at first, he and everyone on the bus started to enjoy it after a while.

I do agree with you that simple gestures are important, and need to be done constantly. But I think what this father did for his son is something special that they, and everyone who saw him do it, will remember for years to come.

• My2Cents Kearns, UT
    June 13, 2011 5:53 a.m.

I think the news media owes this father an apology for their portraying him as a father trying to punish his son with embarrassment. What a parent often times does for their child the children often construe it as an embarrassment. I'd bet that most every child who seen this kind of attention the son was getting would be happy to trade it for all they know.

I think the son finally got what the father was trying to tell him, life is not embarrassing, it is a trek and memory maker.

The news media should not treat this in a more positive story and keep the term punishment out of the article.

• K Mchenry, IL
    June 13, 2011 1:52 a.m.

How is this guy cool? Using his son to get attention? Love doesn't purposefully embarrass. I think the son didn't need dad to stand on the sidewalk in a wedding dress waiting for a group of spectators to see it to feel his love. Just tell him you love him and goodbye. Who needed the audience?

• skylinestar saltlake city, utah
    June 13, 2011 12:14 a.m.

What a cool Father!

• DEW Sandy, UT
    June 12, 2011 11:42 p.m.

Amazing how those Emails, Twitters and Facebook can spread like wildfire for the fun. Your famous!