Faith

Marie Osmond: 'Showbiz isn't for eternity. Marriage is'

Comments

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    May 13, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Many years of happiness to you, Marie Osmond.

• awsomeron1 Oahu, HI
    May 12, 2011 5:12 a.m.

Its how you handle things. Celbs do not "endure pain for being Celbs". The Life Style is a Choice. Like being Mormon is a Choice.

Marie has issues Don't we all.

Marie is 53 years old and is doing just fine. She is a great reality example for LDS Girls. Again I said Reality.

Marie Osmond adopted 5 kids. There is no Greater example then that. I hope they have a very active 25 years togeather.

There are people in the Church Now because of Donny and Marie. People who saw Mormonism through their eyes first and liked what they saw and looked further.

Marriages fail for many reasons (mostly inlaw interference and money). Temple Marriages also Fail. However you can be Married for Time and Eternity Again.

Good luck Marie.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    May 12, 2011 12:22 a.m.

I imagine there is drama and performance singing in heaven. Also performance commedy. If I am right then show biz is for eternity.

• washcomom Beaverton, OR
    May 11, 2011 8:35 p.m.

It's not easy being a member of the LDS Church, nor is it easy being a celebrity. Melding the two must be such a delicate balance of being true to oneself.

Marie is a beautiful woman - inside and out - and I only wish her the happiness that she deserves.

• mfk1022 Dennis Port, MA
    May 11, 2011 2:43 p.m.

Thank you for printing a story about Marie as opposed to a story about Marie Osmond!as her mother once told me in 1999 "Marie Osmond is an incredible talent and business woman but my daughter Marie is phenomenal"I couldn't agree more Mother!!

• hc1951 Bend, OR
    May 11, 2011 12:17 p.m.

As as once-divorced, devout Latter Day Saint still reeling from the loss of my youngest son George just over a year ago, I marvel at Marie's enduring strength and faithfullness. She inspires and comforts me every time she leaps, climbs, or just crawls over the hurdles life throws under her feet. May they contine to fall before your feet, my dear Sister.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    May 11, 2011 10:42 a.m.

Thank you for putting a story about Marie Osmond in the LDS section that pertains to the Church. This was a good story and it wasn't about her new CD or the shows that she has been on to tell about her new CD. It was a story of substance about Marie and it wasn't all about her marriages and divorces, it was about her life, her faith and who she is.

• bwoods Tucson, AZ
    May 11, 2011 10:17 a.m.

I highly respect the Osmonds, particularly Marie and Donny who have had to endure the pains of their celebrity status. They have remained true and faithful and wonderful ambassadors for the church. You gotta respect that. Many, if not most, would falter under such challenging situations. In this day and age where so many, if not most, of the celebrities today represent morals and standards completely opposite of what the Lord expects, Marie and Donny continue to be a refreshing lighthouse in the storm.

I wish Marie and Steve all the best, congratulations to them both!

• Mike IsBell Ogden, UT
    May 11, 2011 9:09 a.m.

The very best wishes for Steve and Marie.

• gottscheer APO, AE
    May 11, 2011 7:29 a.m.

Marie Osmond is a remarkable person. Through all her trials and personal disappointments she never blames others, but takes full responsibility for all the ups and downs of her life. She is always a positive and up beat person. I wish her all the happiness in her new life with Steve Craig. She is not a perfect person, but she shows us if we can just get back up from the set backs and be positive we can go on with life and learn from our mistakes. Thanks Marie for being an inspiration and bringing us wholesome entertainment.

• momofbron Brooklyn, NY
    May 11, 2011 7:23 a.m.

I wish that this photo could be larger. I'd love to see her entire family and details of her gown. Great Luck on their second time around! Many years of happiness to Marie, Steve and the entire family.