Sports

Cougar corner: Jimmer Fredette's close to hiring agent

Comments

• BluCoug Provo, UT
    May 1, 2011 2:48 p.m.

@ Chris B

As the football season is just around the corner, I would like to take moment and congratulate you and the utes for have 2 great football season in the last 50 or so. Major mile stone. But it will be awhile before Alex Smith JR or Brain Johnson Jr will be available for the next run or so. 20 plus years of waiting will be along rough stretch for the utes in general. But look at the the bright side, Red Rocks are always making a run at the title...

• RoachUte Farmington, Utah
    April 30, 2011 10:27 a.m.

Hands down the most overrated basketball player out there. He has no star power and will get no where in the NBA. Sure he can shoot lights out from 3 point land, but tell me what high school player can't do that. He has no defensive skills and is awful at distributing the ball. If the Jazz become delusional and actually pick this guy up, he'll be another John Crotty aka a nobody!

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    April 30, 2011 1:59 a.m.

@Chris B
    "Congrats byu on your best season in 30 years.

I look foward to your next sweet 16 run in 2040"

# of combined wins by Utah in both the '09-'10 and '10-'11 seasons: 27
    # of wins by BYU in the '10-'11 season: 32

I look forward to Utah's next winning record in 2040... Go Cougars!

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 29, 2011 9:52 p.m.

@ Honor Code.
    The people who matter, the experts who know what they are talking about, disagree with you. Jimmer will likely be a lottery pick, 1st round for sure. Your obsessive jealousy wants to believe no one cares but Utahns but all the evidence points in the other direction.

• Honor Code Denver, Colorado
    April 29, 2011 9:02 p.m.

Why would Jimmer waste his time and money with an "agent" when all he has to do is go to the Larry Miller family and sign on the dotted line..........Utah fans are the only ones that will want him on their team!! Defense is seldom played, and Corbin could use a launch pad!!!

• DC Alexandria, VA
    April 29, 2011 7:29 p.m.

Jimmer buys a new suit. Jimmer eats out with his girlfriend. Jimmer plays golf. Jimmer posts a comment on DNews. Enough already with the news stories that really aren't news. Really stretching these days to find a news story.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 29, 2011 3:54 p.m.

@crisb
    Congrats crisb on one of your least intelligent, yet most obsessive comments in 30 years.

I wish it was your last. Maybe if BYU goes to another sweet 16 next year that will shut you up until 2040.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    April 29, 2011 2:49 p.m.

Don't wait too long for Jimmer.

@Striker - thanks for info in your BIG VII country on Texas.

When do I see warmer weather here? This cold weather really dragging on too long.

Go Cougars!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 29, 2011 2:48 p.m.

Congrats byu on your best season in 30 years.

I look foward to your next sweet 16 run in 2040, IF Jimmer Junior decides to go to byu.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    April 29, 2011 1:48 p.m.

Starfarer, they want to be able to see at least one team from Utah on TV every week, so they need to keep up what station and what time it will be at. Beats the radio and the Liberal 12 TV package.

I didn't know Texas has a deflated coaching staff. BYU can beat Mississippi and Texas to start the season. I live in Big XII country, and the buzz is they'll probably be down again this year and they are relying on beating BYU to get themselves back up. Pretty good compliment to BYU.

• Naked Truth Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 29, 2011 12:57 p.m.

T.J. Fredette said "It's not an easy decision. I don't know how kids do it so quick."

Could it be because a lot of players are already in contact with agents well before they should be? Nah, couldn't be that.

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    April 29, 2011 12:41 p.m.

Man, I really like the staff that Rice is putting together at UNLV.

• Starfarer Mesa, AZ
    April 29, 2011 12:17 p.m.

On Jimmer:

Whether he is an All-Star,
    Plays a few years as a role player,
    Is a contributor on a team for some good years,
    He is a class act, a good role model, and I am glad I got to see him play.

On Heeps and DiLuigi:

I am excited to see them play in the fall, wins some games, and make a name for themselves. I don;t know if they will dominate like Jimmer did, but I can hope.

I am glad to be out of the MWC.
    I am glad to be able to see my teams play next year.
    I am glad that BYU controls its own future.

Now I wish the Ute tolls would just go away. If they are so great, have such a great deal with the PAC 10+2, and think they are going to do well this year...

Why are they reading and posting on BYU stories?