Rice's path to dream job at UNLV

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    April 13, 2011 4:05 p.m.

... I meant absurd...Now I'm spelling like you.

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    April 13, 2011 3:31 p.m.

Gee's Hedgie,
    You're making progress...You finally learned something. Glen Beck and Collin Cowherd use the same M.O. They can't come up with anything reasonably rational so they resort to overpitching the absolutely obsurd. That explains some of your off the wall comments over the months You take CC and Mike and Mike way too seriously. But... got to admit... McMahan's a whole lot funnier.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    April 13, 2011 2:35 p.m.

"Glen Beck of the Sports media...and just as easily identifiable as a fruitcake."

Bowling green (lol),

wow, I took you as a big Glen Beck fan.

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    April 13, 2011 2:26 p.m.

Thanks Hedgie I figured that would be the one that you'd select if you had to be forced into making a decision. A real man would have put up the first one. This version just doesn't quite show you to be as big of a loser for actually taking ESPN's Collin Cowherd seriously... and Collin is absolutely the Glen Beck of the Sports media...and just as easily identifiable as a fruitcake.

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    April 13, 2011 12:27 p.m.

I have to seriously laugh at your use of the Mike and Mike ESPN interview with McMahon. He got ambushed with that question about the Brandon Davies issue. He was totally set up for that. He's a funny guy and he's good for a laugh but come on...it was too obvious. I'm sure that he was intentionally asked to come on the program just to see what kind of a response he'd give for that single issue because he payed at BYU. One moment he's being asked what he thought about Tiger Woods charge from way back to being in contention at the Masters. His joking remark about that was just as humorous when he said that he'd missed the end of the final round of play at the Masters... because he fell asleep watching the play due to the last round that he'd just finished... meaning the last cold one that he'd drank. Then he got nailed with the Davies question...stuttered for a moment and came up with that remark. But Mac was the one that cut the discussion short and moved on to Jake Cutler's injury.

• Starfarer Mesa, AZ
    April 13, 2011 10:10 a.m.

I couldn't care less what they say in Michigan. There will always be people who are simply detractors (like you) who no matter what, no matter where, no matter the reason, will try to degrade and belittle.

It's interesting that you take Jimbo's word as gospel, (like he hasn't got a dog in the fight) yet you poke fun and degrade many others who speak in favor of the honor code. Your hypocrisy is showing.

Ever notice that no one ever says "Hegie (or Chris, or Honor Code), I read your comment and I saw the light! You completely changed the way I think about BYU sports, the LDS religion, and everything else you talk about."???

No, it doesn't happen. Detractors are like a bully in a grade school that unites all the other kids against him.

• Where's Stockton ??? Bowling Green, OH
    April 13, 2011 6:01 a.m.

Ok Hedgie since you brought it up... who was actually hedging here??? Pun intended. Sounds like someone we know was dragging their feet. I wonder why... if it was such a burden. And you chose Hedgehog as a user name??? Some definate couchtime might be in order there. You certainly won't get it from "The Herd" or Mike to Mike.

2:58 p.m. 12 April 2011
    "All you have to do is tell them you're not interested. But I have to say that I'm not interested for 5 years before I get out. It was every day that you get hounded by it.

• IndianaCoug Bloomington, IN
    April 12, 2011 7:22 p.m.

Apologies... I meant to say "things said and done IN THE PAST really do matter?"

I know this is a mute point, but I like point out contradictions in hedgehog logic. If you're going to bag on a 25 year old National championship but repeatedly post about a single player from that same time period, something is out of whack. Fortunately for us Cougarfans, anomalies like McMahon now don't get recruited or stay long at BYU, but are instead being replaced by young men of incredible character and integrity. Meanwhile, the tradition of winning continues year in and year out... AND, even in down years (like last year) we see fantastic recruits coming in, developing, and leaving BYU as better men and football players.

• IndianaCoug Bloomington, IN
    April 12, 2011 6:45 p.m.

So Hedgehog, are you now changing your story and saying that things that were said (i.e. McMahon spouting off about the honor code) and done (i.e. 1984 National Championship) really do matter? I hate to break it to you, but teams, attitudes, and directions of programs can and do change.

• Ted H. Midvale, UT
    April 12, 2011 6:35 p.m.

In new basketball news:

Kemba Walker just announced he just finished reading his first book, in his entire life!

We have to look no farther than the hill to see evidence of the brilliant minds representing many colleges.

Remember "They them girlse state they them bunch cheerleaders lol"

I strongly suggest hedge and whoever that Ute was that I quoted look to Kemba as a great example and read your first book.

• aggieblue Saint George, UT
    April 12, 2011 5:34 p.m.

Michigan radio must really be slow, imagine the city of Provo as their subject matter. Who are their listeners? Sounds like jim is one, do we even get it in the state?

So many doen't know what integrity is, let alone practice it. There seems to alot of Y haters, why?

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    April 12, 2011 5:13 p.m.

"What we have is an Honor Code that shows what we are striving for"

Oh I get it... kinda like "quest for perfection" ... always seems to be a few slip ups and break downs.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    April 12, 2011 4:48 p.m.

ESPN radio today

"You had to find girls who kept their mouths shut, McMahon said when asked about how he managed to stay on the field while attending BYU."

" just makes me feel bad Davies forgot to wrap it up."

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 12, 2011 4:47 p.m.

Talking to McMahon about the BYU honor code is about as valid as talking to hedgehog about what it takes to be perceived as one who has honor and integrity. Focus on the bad and ignores the good for attention and contentions sake. Not much class, validity or honor in anything either says.
    Do things happen at BYU? Absolutely!
    Does everyone turn themselves in? No!
    Does everyone get caught? No!
    Does BYU's honor code department enforce the honor code equally with all students whether they are athletes, star athletes or non-athletes? Yes!
    I have no doubt that McMahon broke the Honor Code while at BYU and I also believe he saw others break the code.

The point: No one is perfect. No one, including BYU students or members of the LDS church claims to be perfect. What we have is an Honor Code that shows what we are striving for. The BYU administration Talks and Walks this.

Hedgie; It is still a matter, honor, integrity and class. You wouldn't understand.

• Y's Guy Salt Lake City, UT
    April 12, 2011 4:47 p.m.

All we have to do is tell Hedgehog we're not intererest in her comments.

Yeah. Like that's done a lot of good.

• BaneOfHedgehog Bothell, WA
    April 12, 2011 4:23 p.m.

Concept of self-promotion and "ooh, look at me, I'm still a bad-boy!"... look it up. Jimbo could definitely throw a football and play a game, but don't hold him up to me or anyone else as some kind of paragon of admirable human behavior. He continues to demonstrate why he's just still self-aborbed. heckuva quarterback - keep it on the field and then keep your yap shut.

And, as if anyone gives a rat's hind end about what Michigan sports radio has to say anyway...

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    April 12, 2011 2:58 p.m.

All you have to do is tell them Im not interested. But I have to say Im not interested for five years before I get out. It was everyday you get hounded by it.

This is the kind of "exposure" BYU has with accepting "non believers". I can tell you this, Michigan sports radio was having a field day with this morning.