Utah

West Wendover police recover missing girl's body from a shallow grave west of town

Comments

• Butch70 Spokane, WA
    March 7, 2011 2:28 p.m.

I hope that the police will find the culprit or culprits who done this terrible thing to this student. It is pretty sad that things happen to these young people.

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    March 7, 2011 6:36 a.m.

When I saw the picture of her on the news in her basketabll uniform I about died. You could tell she was confident, accomplished, and full of life. Tragic.

There is an investigation. Body has been sent to Reno for an autopsy.

• washcomom Beaverton, OR
    March 6, 2011 11:00 p.m.

A beautiful vibrant girl's life has tragically ended too soon. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this sweetheart.

• cactusflats American Fork, UT
    March 6, 2011 8:59 p.m.

We are all praying for Wendover and the family of this beautiful girl. I have daughters of my own and can't imagine what I would be feeling. My condolences and thoughts are with all of you.

• nanniehu Wendover, UT
    March 6, 2011 8:30 p.m.

Yes, the investigation is still on going. If you haven't heard anything else yet, it's because they are being very careful. We are all anxiously awaiting any new news, and yes, the authorities and community have been wonderful! Please just pray for all of us.

• owlmaster2 Kaysville, UT
    March 6, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Reasonable Person | 7:20 p.m. March 6, 2011
    Layton, UT
    Why is there no mention of an investigation?

Are you serious???? I'd say the police there did a tremendous job so far just finding this young persons remains as fast as they did.
    I'm certain they aren't just sitting on their hands now. The investigation is ongoing.

My condolences to the family and friends of this young lady.

• Reasonable Person Layton, UT
    March 6, 2011 7:20 p.m.

Why is there no mention of an investigation?

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 6, 2011 6:52 p.m.

This is truly sad, What a horrible thing to do to someone, My heart goes out to her family.. she was a very beautifull young girl who had her whole life ahead of her.