Sports

High school football: All-region teams

Comments

• wauwabee
    June 12, 2010 5:16 p.m.

haha yes.
    Jeremy was an awesome QB for VHS this year!

• VHS #4
    Jan. 5, 2010 3:36 p.m.

This is Jeremy Lieber and whoever posted that comment about me i would like to thank you, i have read your criticism and all of your hate comments towards me throughout this year, you were part of my inspiration to play better and do more than i was capable of, you say what you want, rip on me some more that is fine with me, but beating our rivals (davis, the number 2 team in the state) and receiving first team all region honors more than makes up for all the bull i have had to put up with this year, reading these comments towards me all year made me play harder and better, its over now so thanks again for all your inspiration

• WHO CARES!!
    Dec. 21, 2009 6:12 p.m.

This is SO LAME! It dosn't matter. This is the coaches votes. It means NOTHING!!
    Why do they even write this story??

• HS FAN
    Dec. 21, 2009 4:49 p.m.

Nice job wildcats

• No contest
    Dec. 18, 2009 3:25 p.m.

There isn't anything anyone can say now that the season is over. There is NO doubt that Hart is hands down the best QB in the state. Preseason rankings are exactly that, preseason. They mean nothing. What happens on the field of play is where it all counts. There isn't any arguement that anyone can say that this PG kid is even in the same league because he isn't even close. I heard one say, well PG has the longest yards per comp. Really? That means what? Every team knew what Hart was going to do every down and there was no one who could stop him. I to went that the Bingham game. Hart was unbeleivable. Knocked down everytime he touched that ball but still completed everything. There were a lot of dropped balls that game. He is sensational, and there isn't another like him that has come from Utah in many, many years. He is Unreal! No question who the best is. None!

• Jordan
    Dec. 18, 2009 12:57 p.m.

RE: Anonymous | 6:14 p.m. Dec. 16, 2009

I am a HS football fan, but did watch the Jordan v Bingham playoff game because it was on a Saturday for some reason.

Not a fan of either team, but I became a Hart fan after that game. Bingham's O was totally dominant. They scored every time the touched the ball. Their D was just as amazing. NO WAY could any Utah HS QB do what he did that day, I guarantee it. Every pass was perfect. As an Aggie fan, I am pumped he is coming to Logan. He will be a star. I guarantee he is one of the kids that got overlooked.

I did not watch the PG kid live, I work late on Fridays, but I hear he is great. I did watch him on TV and think he will be solid for Stanford.

• Anonymous
    Dec. 16, 2009 6:14 p.m.

That "it" factor must be that he has 7 other d1 commits on his team. Hart is better than lloyd. Lloyd is good and the Vikings were not the same without him but most teams do have a drop off when their starting qb goes down(except Alta). Look hart was his team. The Vikings r still a great team without him. Jordan dosent survive a 3a scheduel without hart. I'm a miner fan by the way not alex harts dad. By the way all those great scouts sent Kurt Warner to a grocery store to stock shelves. Kids/players are often overlooked.

• plyxply
    Dec. 15, 2009 11:39 p.m.

funny you mention the "IT" factor; the thing about Hart is he not only can (and did) execute at a higher level than any other qb in the state, he has more intangibles to make those around him better. He would've been my pick hands down for the state or region mvp, he's that good and will continue to be sucessful at the next level, probably moreso than Lloyd. Whatever MaxPreps says is just a guess, they really don't have the manpower or resources to evaluate every qb in the nation. Hart is ready for the next level, he'll step in and play soon.

• Re: Re; Spot on
    Dec. 15, 2009 12:44 p.m.

Jeezz Hart fans, let it go!

I don't mean to take away anything from his "record breaking year" but If he is "THE BEST in the state and country why is he ranked 121st by Scout who has seen his film and watched him in Vegas 7on7 and Lloyd is rank higher? I think that they call it the "IT Factor"

I really don't think that the coaches, writers and recruiters are that blind. Numbers are impressive but there apparently is a little more to playing the position than was displayed this last year.

Congrats to all of those players that have been recognized and to those who got overlooked it's a great accomplishment to even be able to compete.

• Region 1
    Dec. 14, 2009 4:48 p.m.

Landon Horne is the TE in the state

• Re:Spot on
    Dec. 14, 2009 4:27 p.m.

Oops, sorry Hart was only 4th in the entire nation! That's not good enough? If you watch any game this year on Hart, watch how many DB's teams use to stop the pass. It's so predictable and so easy to stop when you know what's going to happen, right? So explain why he never got stopped 1 time all year. 300+ yards, just passing every single game. Lloyd didn't have 1 game passing over 300+, not 1! Hart averaged more rushing yards per game as well. Between Brown, and Pederson it was a toss up. Either one is a good choice. Hart was in a league of his own all year.

• RE: Spot on
    Dec. 14, 2009 1:52 p.m.

I liked Pedersens game as well. How does Brown get left out?

My Region 4 QB's:
    1. Hart
    2. Pdersen
    3. Brown
    4. Lloyd

Don't you think if everyone knows a team is going to pass it all the time it would be easier to stop the pass? The Indianaplis Colts pass a lot. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Payton Manning is a product of the system.

Hart ended up 4th in the country if you look at maxpreps.com

• Spot on
    Dec. 14, 2009 10:22 a.m.

I watched the QB's in the region. Not sure about Lloyd, but I liked Pederson, a lot like that Logan QB last year. He was a very well rounded player with both the run and passing. Hart had the stats but that was a result of their offense. They passed a ton. Hart is a good passing QB. Last I checked Maxpreps, He does not lead the nation in passing.

I think Coaches (and sportswriters)have a pretty good idea in an athletes ability and what they have to prepare their defense for. Jordan's offense was very predictable...pass the ball.

• Re: Region 7
    Dec. 14, 2009 10:13 a.m.

Poor communication between the coaches as they haven't even voted for region players.

• Re teams
    Dec. 14, 2009 8:22 a.m.

Oh my! I would not want you to be my sons Coach!

• Re: A little Perspective
    Dec. 14, 2009 8:20 a.m.

Thank you for you words, our son also has not recieved any awards and one other on our team, yet they both have verbal commits with D1 schools.
    Which we are very greatful for.
    Congrats to those who did get awards.

• RE: A Little Perspective
    Dec. 14, 2009 8:16 a.m.

Well said.

• A Little Perspective
    Dec. 13, 2009 11:31 p.m.

Many years ago my son was one of only two receivers in the state to get a Div. 1 scholarship to play football. He never received one single award from the state or the region. Not one!!! We don't care! His full ride scholarship was worth a lot of money, and he got a college degree, and had a good career. Yes, some of the these award winners are for political reasons, but most of them are not.

Alex Hart is a stud and should have been the MVP for the state and region, but he wasn't, and he should take that scholarship and run. It is way more important than an award.

• re teams
    Dec. 13, 2009 9:31 p.m.

Its not about anything you are mentioning..

It is about informing the public. We watch and follow high school football all season and are interested knowing who is recieving honors for their efforts.

Calm down... geeze

• Teams
    Dec. 13, 2009 1:46 p.m.

I think the Coaches know who the best kids are in thier respective Regions. Period.

Once again, I dont think people care too much about bloggers that wanna be Coaches and think they know everything. Now I get a glimpse of the snotty Utah parents that think thier little Johnny is better than he is.

Got a problem-go see your Varsity coach and ask him for his vote. Who cares about degrading comments from nobody's...its High School Football-get a life.

• Re: Check your stats!
    Dec. 13, 2009 1:16 a.m.

I meant Jeremy Lieber from Viewmont it's rediculous

• Re:Easy
    Dec. 12, 2009 8:56 p.m.

Who cares? I bet if you ask Hart, he cares. Re:check your stats! Enough said. Everyone can see who the true MVP is. What a shame, the HYPE lives on! Re:Ripped off!!! You are right as well. Next year no one will remember Lloyd, I have no idea why his name is even being brought up. He did nothing this year. Hart's name will live on for many years to come. The record books were re-written for Hart this year.

• re-Region 5
    Dec. 12, 2009 5:52 p.m.

They can't publish what they don't have. All region teams are voted on by the coaches and if a region doesn't submit their teams then they can't be published.Don't blame the paper, blame the coaches.

• Easy
    Dec. 12, 2009 4:19 p.m.

Who cares about Region. he was awarded First team all state by both papers.

• Ripped off!!!
    Dec. 12, 2009 3:01 p.m.

Jordans's Alex Hart led the NATION in passing! Yes, look it up folks. Hart led the NATION and isnt the region MVP or most outstanding QB? thats messed up!

• Region 5?
    Dec. 12, 2009 12:47 p.m.

where is Region 5? why do the north teams always get the shaft?

• Check your stats!
    Dec. 12, 2009 12:08 p.m.

Alex Hart 46 TD 4,442 yards
    Jordy Brown 23 TD 2,848 yards
    Dallas Llyod 16 TD 1,256 Yards
    I just don't get it! If this is done by coaches this Dallas must be some kid, MVP I don't think so...

• Seriously?!
    Dec. 12, 2009 11:39 a.m.

Check your stats. For instance Region 1 first team QB. Looks like the interceptions were conveniently misplaced. He was voted on by the other coaches because he helped their teams win.

• Region2
    Dec. 12, 2009 8:25 a.m.

Where is the list for region 2. Hunter, cwood, skyline, west ect? And am I crazy bit where is Jordan Brown name? I hope I just missed it in the list of names. He was one of the best qb's in the state and he is on the all- state teams but not even on the region honorable mention? Crazy!!!!!

• plyxply
    Dec. 11, 2009 11:49 p.m.

I love this list, only one issue would be Alex Hart's exclusion, I thought he was the league MVP hands down. Without him imagine Jordan's chance of success. Alta survived without Jordy, PG managed without Lloyd at least to stay respectable, but nobody meant more, or performed at a higher level than Hart.

• all regions
    Dec. 11, 2009 10:15 p.m.

It is unfortunate that the des news is unable to publish results for all regions. prep sports seems to get the short end of the stick alot.

• TiGeR
    Dec. 11, 2009 9:45 p.m.

Where are the rest of them? Like region 7?

• Wasatch's
    Dec. 11, 2009 9:43 p.m.

Mike Davis you are the man, defense, offense you have it all way to go booyah!

• Asst. Coach
    Dec. 11, 2009 9:29 p.m.

Congratulations to all.

This award means a lot as it was voted upon by every Coach in your respective Region. It is the Coaches Awards.

Rule is you vote for other members in Region except kids from your own team.

These are all fine young men, and part of good teams. Utah has great HS Football.

Thanks D News for the great coverage all year.