Sports

Utah, Weber State basketball: Mahoney takes 3-pointer to the bank

Comments

• Jordan
    Dec. 4, 2009 1:09 p.m.

re: Former Ute Fan!!!

Man, you are classy! I suppose that I get heckled for congratulating another team, huh? You seem to be on the wrong board anyway my friend, seems cheering for your team isn't good enough, you are just as bad as the Ute fans you have grown to hate. And yes, by hate, I mean that you are a Ute hater. Well, that's your problem bud, good luck with that.
    Go Utes!

• Former Ute Fan!!!
    Dec. 3, 2009 10:40 p.m.

Good win Weber State, and I am happy with it.

I just love Coach Boylen and his excellent sense of defense. I don't care that the Cougars want us to extend his contract anouther 10 years. He will get the offense going very soon.

I get very irritated about other teams making dumb comments about us losing to Southeastern Baptist last year and now we won't hear the last of losing to Weber State!!!

Keep Boylen.........he's a GREAT COACH!!!!

Go COUGARS!

• Anonymous
    Dec. 3, 2009 2:18 p.m.

Almost five years later and I'm STILL trying to figure out how Tooele beat Wasatch

• Mahoney
    Dec. 3, 2009 12:48 p.m.

Get real everyone.

Coach doesn't want us to admit it as its a secret play but we work on that play all the time. It's called our end of half play. Damien dribbles into trouble, finds me a few feet beyond the arc and I nail a fadeaway bank shot three.

You are all witnesses.

• Scott
    Dec. 3, 2009 11:43 a.m.

Mahoney is such a great player! I'm glad he was able to hit that shot(even if it was luck). Mahoney is such a valuble part of Weber's defence.

great way to go into Big Sky play.

GO WILDCATS!

• Jordan
    Dec. 3, 2009 11:04 a.m.

Good win Weber State, even though I am not happy with it. You guys definitely deserved it. Hopefully the Utes can learn how to end a game strong from you guys. So good game to you.
    Go Utes!

• Never a Doubt
    Dec. 3, 2009 10:43 a.m.

Mahoney works on that shot every day in practice! There was never a doubt that it would go in. I'm pretty sure his eyes were open. Well, maybe. You gotta make breaks for yourself.

• Proud Alum
    Dec. 3, 2009 8:35 a.m.

Great win 'Cats! Good luck on conference play!

• d-mah
    Dec. 3, 2009 8:17 a.m.

nice shot mahoney!!!

it was great to see him playing; we had heard he was out til maybe january. hope the leg is ok.

• Wildcat Carl
    Dec. 2, 2009 11:52 p.m.

Proud to be a Wildcat...proud of Randy Rahe, his staff and his team. Never give up...never surrender!