Sports

Utah Jazz notebook: D-Will departs team to be with daughter

Comments

• Fisher Hater
    Nov. 14, 2009 2:47 p.m.

So is D-will going to move to Los Angeles?

• jazz fan '83
    Nov. 14, 2009 1:32 p.m.

Williams is 1st class. Leadership starts at the top. Jazz ownership knows family is the foundation of who we are. Family, Jazz, Spirit in the sky, Curb your Enthusiasm. These are the important things in life. Jazz will steamroll when healthy. Starts with a huge win in Cleveland. Cheers to playing defense.

• go utes
    Nov. 14, 2009 1:06 p.m.

hang in there D-Will. Take your time we love ya.

• Our Families Prayers
    Nov. 14, 2009 12:32 p.m.

Are with yours, especially the little one. God Bless.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 14, 2009 11:24 a.m.

Deron, you can always play basketball but you cant always be there when your family needs you. Good for you for having your priorities in order! Montana fan.

• God Bless The Williams
    Nov. 14, 2009 8:57 a.m.

May god bless your whole family Deron. I think all of us commentors learned a good lesson yesterday, in that it is best not to respond to printed stories until we know the facts! It is especially heart warming in this day and age to see someone of your stature put his priorities where they should be. Good luck buddy!

• Nevada fan
    Nov. 14, 2009 8:53 a.m.

I pray that a hedge of protection and healing be around your daughter and family.

• Rexburg Jazz Fan
    Nov. 14, 2009 6:39 a.m.

Take care D-Will! I hope everything will be okay with you and your family. I look forward to seeing you in action again when the time is right!

• JazzHater72
    Nov. 13, 2009 10:20 p.m.

May the BIG MAN upstairs be with D-Will and his family in this time of need.... I may want you to lose on the court... But i wish him only best in this time of need.... My prayers go out the rest of this bunch here.... God Bless..... Are Sea

• jazz fan 98
    Nov. 13, 2009 9:54 p.m.

Hang in there D will. You are the man

• Anonymous
    Nov. 13, 2009 9:53 p.m.

I pray that all will go well for your daughter and your family. We are grateful for all that you have added to our community and wish you all the best.

• Anonymous
    Nov. 13, 2009 9:28 p.m.

Deron Good for you that you have your priorities in order! Family comes first-ALWAYS! Your little girl and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers!

• Randy Garcia Reid
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:54 p.m.

Deron,
    You treasure the time you have with your children. They will be with you long after the game. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

• Pocatello Jazz Fan
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:52 p.m.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Jay
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:44 p.m.

I pray for your child. I am happy to see you put family above sport. To often the family is put on the back burner.

• BearOne
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:44 p.m.

This is one of the reasons that I am a JAZZ fan.
    The owners, the coaches, and players seem to have their priorities in order. How great that the organization tells the players that their families are more important than a game of basketball.
    DWill--my family and I hope for the very best for your daughter and the rest of your family.

• Thanks to the Millers
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:37 p.m.

Thanks to the Millers for allowing Deron to be with his family!

• RWCleveland
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:12 p.m.

Deron has his priorities straight! Good for you as a parent with a daughter who still has cancer I can appreciate all that is going on right now for the Williams family. Thanks to the Jazz organization too for having their priorities in the right place. The team visited my daughter in the early stages of treatments and it was very much appreciated. God bless families that are that, families and their employers who understand these situations! We pray for answers and a for Deron's daughter to get well very soon! If you're at Primary Children's Medical Center, that little girl of yours is in very good hands, elsewhere and we know there are great doctors and facilities there in Salt Lake City. Our prayers are with you all!

• Chris
    Nov. 13, 2009 8:01 p.m.

Good for you Mr. Williams! It is so nice to see a man that is willing to put his family first. I also appreciate the willingness of the Millers and Coach Sloan to allow him to miss the game(s). My best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter.

• Ak Fan
    Nov. 13, 2009 7:59 p.m.

Get well little. My prayer goes to Deron's daughter and dwill you're true father.

• Concerned
    Nov. 13, 2009 7:56 p.m.

My prayers go out to you and your family