Sports

Utah Jazz make move to retain rights to Suton

Comments

• RE: Miles | 10:02 a.m
    Aug. 29, 2009 6:18 p.m.

Who are you kidding?

it is basically the exact same team.

and team of LAST two years PROVED they coundn't win a championship.

The JAzz simply do NOT have right parts or right system.

• Answer
    Aug. 29, 2009 3:41 p.m.

I agree we have alot of talent on this years roster. Too bad that talent won't be utilized to the best of it's potential. Sloans use of available talent and game management the last few years is borderline pathetic.

• Nick
    Aug. 29, 2009 11:31 a.m.

RE: Big 10 Worshipers - You need to have your head checked. I'm a huge Ute Fan, but it is obvious that Nevill is never even going to sniff the NBA. At least Suton has a marketable skill in that he can shoot!

• Big 10 worshipers
    Aug. 29, 2009 10:14 a.m.

Should have taken Luke Nevill with that choice. He is taller, 7' 1" and could have been developed as a center.

• Miles
    Aug. 29, 2009 10:02 a.m.

The Jazz have a great team returning this year. Much better than the team of two years ago. Other than the Lakers having Kobe, no one out West has a better team. And last time I looked, no player of Kobe's marketing abilities is coming to Utah. The Jazz have put together a great team, the question is, can Jerry actually win.

• shecky
    Aug. 29, 2009 8:56 a.m.

Hate to say it, but LETS PUT THING INTO CONTEXT is correct. I would suggest that the Jazz spends more time evaluating talent, and they have a better handle on it than the many experts on this comment board.

• Lets Put Things into Context
    Aug. 29, 2009 6:58 a.m.

I love the negative comments, and Everyone has a black cloud hanging, your comment about Boozer is ridiculous. While Boozer is only looking out for his own economic interests, the NBA is a business. I am a professional, and my motivation to go to work is my pay check which does not make me ineffective at my job.

Boozer still is one of the better power forwards in the league and will only make the Jazz more competitive. I am a Paul Millsap fan and hope that the Jazz trade Boozer, not because Boozer is a bad player, but rather the Jazz cannot afford to sign him to another contract and should get some return from their intial investment. I know Boozer is not popular, but that does make him an ineffective player--I know the rebuttals (e.g. he doesn't play defense, he's a malinger. . .). Boozer makes the Jazz better and may be a useful trading piece to make the Jazz better in the future.

• Dixie Dan
    Aug. 29, 2009 6:36 a.m.

I wonder if the Jazz can talk Shawn Bradley out of retirement?

• Ummm,
    Aug. 29, 2009 1:58 a.m.

Who?

This is the best we can do? It seems to me that the Jazz should've learned their lesson by now. Don't retain every Tom, Dick, and Harry and say he'll be "developed". It never works, and even in those far and few between cases where it does, they leave the Jazz once their developed and join the bigger teams.

• Who Cares
    Aug. 29, 2009 12:41 a.m.

Another stiff (just like Fez) who will never be a NBA contributor. He could not even do anything in the rookie camp pre-season! That should say something!

At least Kosta Koufus showed some flashes when given a chance. Sloan then benched him for the remainder of the season and he lost a valuable opportunity to develop into a good player. Just as genius as it was for Sloan to bench Ronnie Price over 0-21 shooting Brevin Knight! I like Sloan, but unless he has a great year, it will be time for him to retire off into the sunset.

• todd from santa ana
    Aug. 28, 2009 11:14 p.m.

do not get me started. No Comment

• UGH!!!
    Aug. 28, 2009 11:05 p.m.

Why do we keep drafting big guys who cant play in the second round? They should have packaged the pick with some players in order to get something that will help the team.

• Everyone has a black cloud hangi
    Aug. 28, 2009 6:26 p.m.

over their heads in Jazzland. Because Loozer is still with the Jazz. This year is over before it even started.

How does an 8 or 9 seed in the west sound???

• STEVE-O
    Aug. 28, 2009 5:55 p.m.

DUUUUUHHHHHHH! They drafted the guy didn't they. Of course they're going to retain rights. I can't wait for some legit Jazz news!

• nick
    Aug. 28, 2009 5:24 p.m.

Really, he was horrific in freakin summer league!!!!!!