Utah Jazz: Could Boozer stay in a Jazz uniform?

• #1 jazz fan
    July 26, 2009 10:36 p.m.

get rid of boozer for tyrus thomas is what i think the jazz team should do boozer is always out with injuries he has missed 2\3 of his games tyrus thomas is probably the best things for the jazz team cause we would probably win more games and get cooler plays

• louisiana jazz man
    July 25, 2009 2:03 p.m.

keep boz because he wants gone. make him back up paul like he should have last year. i belive thats what is going to happen.

• Still a few Dellusional Fans
    July 24, 2009 3:30 p.m.

A title? With Boozer? Where have you been? The sooner he's gone the better.

• skillet
    July 24, 2009 7:18 a.m.

Bring back ostertag!

• comma man
    July 23, 2009 11:18 p.m.

i love korver,he is cute,fire sloan,trade dwill,trade miles to jr.jazz,

• Keep Boozer...
    July 23, 2009 8:01 p.m.

but PLEASEEEEEEE get rid of CJ,he`s actually the one dragging this team down,I don`t understand how Sloan stuck with him all year,of course by the end he`s was getting 7-8 minutes per game,which were about 6 too many

• Boozer
    July 23, 2009 3:21 p.m.

Without Carlos, the Jazz are mediocre.

He is the only player who can score in the post.

He is the only player who can run an effective pick-and-roll with Dwill and score off the pick.

He could play defense if Jerry forced him to do so.

No one we trade him for will be better.

With Boozer, Memo and Dwill on the floor we are impossible to stop offensively.

With Millsap, Dwill and AK on the floor we can't score.

Jerry needs to change his defensive position and turn this team into a championship team.

Isn't that what a coach is hired to do?

• wasacop
    July 23, 2009 2:02 p.m.

ref: Can't wait

Best posting out of all today (I really liked the part about trading to China)....good job!

• Miles
    July 23, 2009 2:00 p.m.

I am now going to change my name from Miles to Boozer. Just like CJ, Carlos is getting picked on and needs me to come to his defense!!

• Anonymous
    July 23, 2009 1:32 p.m.

Are you serious? Trent Plaisted in the NBA. ha ha ya right he is the worst! not worth a dime for the jazz to get him

• Boozer
    July 23, 2009 11:55 a.m.

Boozer the Loser needs to go...he's disruptive and only for himself...he had some nice games for the Jazz, but no it's time that he take his tired act to some other team

• Careful So-Called Jazz fans
    July 23, 2009 11:16 a.m.

By running down Boozer you run down his value. Regardless of how you feel about his comments that were way overplayed in the media, he is a 20/10 All Star. He will play his rear end off this year because he wants a new contract. The roster will have 3-4 All Stars in Memo, AK, Boozer, D-Will. This will be a good team unless the ungreatful fans mess it up! Welcome back Carlos..... Let's win a championship and then you can write your ticket elsewhere.

• Henry Drummond
    July 23, 2009 10:34 a.m.

My guess is that Carlos is going to be unhappy wherever he goes. He obviously has an inflated view of his accomplishments. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in Utah simply because nobody else is willing to put up with him.

• do most..
    July 23, 2009 10:19 a.m.

jazz fans lack common sense? some of these ideas or ridiculous. I mean honestly.. Trade booz, memo, and ak. Put price at the 1 and move dwill to the 2? Honestly. Unless you are 3 years old you shouldn't be posting because you are making yourself look like a complete fool.

• tommyk
    July 23, 2009 9:32 a.m.

Keep boozer, why not he a better player then whoever we are going to get? why trade for less and come up with a lame player then boozer/ boozer better than millsap

• Miles
    July 23, 2009 9:09 a.m.

One gets the feeling that Carlos is not going anywhere, any time soon.

He will be in a Jazz uniform to start the season.

He can't afford to be injured as he needs to look good for the other GM's.

Jerry will bad mouth him every chance he gets to the media.

Dwill will not dine with him.

• Anonymous
    July 23, 2009 5:21 a.m.

carlos arroyo is a great playmaker hes better than oders in the list

• wow
    July 23, 2009 4:38 a.m.

I think the media in Utah is third class, minus Ron Boone, David James, Brad Rock, Craig (he popped the rim I'm gonna give stats all night) Bolerjack). My goodness Utah is now the worst media outlet in the entire league minus Dante and Galante in Orlando.

• Anonymous
    July 22, 2009 11:13 p.m.

the Jazz have an identity crisis top dollar players that cant play. Trade AK, Mehmo, and Booz.. Mehmo cant play D, Booz cant play D, and AK only plays when he wants get rid of the three of em, put Price at PG move DWILL over to the 2 position start Korver, Millsap and hopefully trade for top dollar Center.. frees up a ton of money

• Boozer to Detroit for Plaisted
    July 22, 2009 9:09 p.m.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be to get Trent Plaisted back here for the Jazz? This guy dominated when he played at the Y and we need a dominant big man like Plaisted. Plus he would be so happy being back in Utah. I just keep holding my breath at the possibility, see you Boozer and hello Plaisted!

• Rumor
    July 22, 2009 8:46 p.m.

...I've heard recently Jazz, Nets, Wizards in a 3 way deal.

Booz to Nets, JaVale McGee and Caron Butler to UT, Yi Jianlian, Sean Williams, Harpring, and K. Fesenko to Wizzards.

Wouln't surprise me..I know Jazz have always liked Butler and McGee is young inside shot blocker interior defense. But, like always...just a rumor..."pull the trigger Kevin!"

• CJ3
    July 22, 2009 7:30 p.m.

RE: Workinglate

Before this began, the Jazz brass told us they were prepared to pay the lux tax for a year to the tune of 12-15 mill, with the Miller's blessing, so that's really a non-issue.

• CR
    July 22, 2009 7:09 p.m.

I cannot believe the criticism a great man like Todd from Santa Ana gets. I thoroughly enjoy reading him because he tells the truth and has tremendous Jazz Passion. It is unfortunate most do not appreciate his fine abilities. He probably growing up should have picked another team where the fan base would be in synce instead of the over loyal Utah people. If Boozer was in any arena I would boo him till my voice was hoarse. What all of you fail to see is most other cities in the country this complacency and accepting the same tired Jazz year after year would not be tolerated. I have lived in many cities including New York and Philadelphia.

Todd made a comment last week that he has not seen worse defense in pick up basketball leagues.

I see pickup every summer in Brooklyn and he is right as usual.

• todd from santa ana
    July 22, 2009 7:01 p.m.

Houdini, that is a statement you know is false. I am not a Real Jazz Fan?

No Houdini see only for 32 years. You may be suprised. All this team has to do is get at least to the Semi Finals and then I will say how wrong I was about most of the negativity. You know, because I do not agree with stand pat management-by the way Houdini, i caught your comment. You do not have to worry I am not or going to hint at boycott again. I have better things to do. What many do not understand is the reason are things the way they are is because the fans want what "you want"

So go for it. I gave up trying to convince the "minority" I have enough support. More than enough...If you or anyone thinks all of a sudden this team will play defense you need to prove it....

From this "outsider" out....

• todd from santa ana
    July 22, 2009 6:53 p.m.

no comment...

To Searce: Garbage? Battier and Landry are garbage?

Lopez I would not do him.,

I would even think about Haslem unless someone else included.

The thing you are forgetting is Golden State has a Buffoon named "nellie"

He has all 5 footers and no big guys or few let us say-Anthony Randolph is probably going to be a real good #3 in this league. We should try the angle of having him take one or two of these high contracts or he will be in the lottery

• kelzsfromva
    July 22, 2009 6:25 p.m.

we have 2 make a move b4 its 2 late.pickin up Pargo was ok but we still need a inside presence.we're making our moves based upon 2010-2011 free agency.i meen who is 2 know that the guys we want would still be there(c.bosh-d.wade and so fourth)those teams r looking 2 keep there all star player at home.we need 2 make move forward not backwards.com on BULLS!!!!

• Bigun
    July 22, 2009 6:21 p.m.

Even if he has to stay and play for the Jazz this year he will claim he tore his taint diving for a ball or his roids are flaring up.....he will find a way to sit it out. thats the Kind of Steller NBA Stud he is!

• Can't wait
    July 22, 2009 5:20 p.m.

for the season to start and see Boozer coming off the bench for 18 minutes a night.......next we need to find a way to get Obama relegated to part time....or traded to China!

• LOL!
    July 22, 2009 4:34 p.m.

I would like to have all the money Boozer has lost at the expense of his lack of public relations skills and a basic sense of ethics....

Chicago Trib reports that Boozer claimed last week he wants to play in Chicago, while the next week he claims Miami is his first choice!

Geez Boozer......you will be lucky to be playing for exception money next year, any thoughts of playing for $14ML are GONE due to your BIG MOUTH!

Just SHUT UP DUDE and play the game....no one cares whether you love Miami or not? They just want to see you defend someone as aggressive as you shoot-off your mouth!

• Searce
    July 22, 2009 4:27 p.m.

To: Todd fromn Santa Ana 8:56 AM

You are very naive. Boozer has very little trade value, so you can't just wave your magic wand and wish a trade to happen. There have been trades available, but they are garbage. It is not good busness sense to trade him for no value in return. The Jazz need to keep taking the hard line until someone decides the Jazz are not going to cave, then you will see something happen. The Jazz just need to be patient and they will make the trade for good value. If Boozer isn't careful, he might get fired and lose his contract. Some will say, "that is not possible under the current NBA agreement", however, if he does not perform up to the rules of that agreement, he could lose his contract. I hope he is not that stupid. We'll see. The Jazz are playing their cards just about right.

• Perfect Boozer Solution
    July 22, 2009 3:43 p.m.

So it hit me like a brick in the face thrown from 1 yard away. Do not trade Boozer. Start Milsap. Boozer then whines and mopes and creates dissention and contention. Then you suspend his rear end with out pay. You use the pay Boozer isn't getting anymore to pay that luxury tax. We come out ahead and Boozer sits a loozer on the bench. No raise Boozer. JAZZ all the way!!!!!!

• Houdini
    July 22, 2009 3:11 p.m.

Let`s bring back the same healthy team and see what happens,I have a feeling WE,real Jazz fans,not you todd, are in for a big surprize

• re todd
    July 22, 2009 3:00 p.m.

pretty hard to read your 2nd grade writing,on something...again????

• He is a goner
    July 22, 2009 2:26 p.m.

Carlos lived in my neighborhood on Donner Way until he sold what many in area called his "love nest" I never saw him to be honest and often wondered how did I miss a 6'10" black guy driving an Italian Sports car I was often walking or driving on that street.
    Isn't his Florida house up for sale as well? Maybe the guy will be team less and homeless with millions in the bank for no work!

• Jazzfan4life
    July 22, 2009 2:10 p.m.

Just trade him already!!! This who is better, Millsap or Boozer debate is getting old. Let me tell you, I don't care how much "better" the team would be with boozer-which I happen to disagree with anyway. Paul has something boozer doesn't have-Heart, and a good work ethic! I would rather root and cheer for someone that gives it his all, then someone who sits out half the season and the other half doesn't even bother to play a lick of defense! Maybe I was just spoiled watching Stockton all these years, Stock was someone who gave it his all every night and he tried his best to do whatever the TEAM needed him to win, he didn't care about himself, I wish more players would be like that!!!

GO Paul, we believe in you, go out and show the doubters that you are more than worth the pay raise!

• Miles
    July 22, 2009 1:42 p.m.

We don't need to be in any hurry to trade Boozer. Luxury tax is not paid til end of next season. We have 6 months to trade him away. I still think we keep him all year. I am sure he will be injured most of it.

• Excellent Org
    July 22, 2009 1:14 p.m.

KOC is doing the best job possible given the economy. He cannot leverage a trade by saying Booz is worthless and to other teams a two time All Star is not worthless. He commands a price. The jazz front office is as good as it gets and even if Boozer does opt in this will likely be my first year of season ticket purchases. Boozer will be motivated if only playing for a contract. Boozer will be judged by how the team does.

• Iverson - Worst Player Ever
    July 22, 2009 1:04 p.m.

Iverson = Cancer. He is Boozer only older, shorter skinyer and more selfish. I think trading Boozer and Miles for Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Heinrick would be a fast way to improve and a great way to prepare for the future. Williams, Heinrick, Kirilenko, Milsap and Okur could put up big offense and defense. Heinrick could guard the point and williams is strong enought to guard off guards. Then Kirilenko, Milsap and Okur are the bigs. Plus we could get rid of Miles who is obviously not working out. He does nothing except maybe make three pointers at the end of a blow out.

• weedeater
    July 22, 2009 12:10 p.m.

It's the deal you don't hear about that gets done.
    On another note. What does the murmuring herd think about Allen Iverson? He's available, has matured, is not as fast as he once was but would upgrade our guard position, and would show our younger talent how much money an 8 time All Star should be expected to make.

• Brandon
    July 22, 2009 11:51 a.m.

Thats the problem with Jazz fans! Is all you think about is winning now!! How long did it take the Lakers to win a championship? About 4 or 5 years.. You have to put it together with the right pieces! Quit thinking we are going to win right now cause its not gonna happen! Its not gonna happen with Boozer and its not gonna happen without Boozer! So why dont we trade him for a good young guy and develop the team? Its pretty simple! But you all think Thomas is a bad trade because he only averages 12 points and Boozer is more! WHO CARES!?!? He is young! He is still developing! That is how that process works people! Some people develop sooner than others! Its a good think Kevin O'Connor doesnt take advice from jazz fans

• Goodbye Boozer, Locke, Oconner
    July 22, 2009 11:49 a.m.

Things would be bright if Carlos Boozer, Kevin Oconner and David Locke left town.

July 22, 2009 11:48 a.m.

I have found a VERY interesting rumor picking up MAJOR steam. The rumored deal is a follows:

1. Lakers recieve Glen Davis/Fesenko.
    2. Boston Receives: Boozer/Jazz 2010 2nd rd pick
    3. Jazz recieve: Lamar Odom/Boston 2010 2nd round pick, cash considerations

It is believed Kevin O'Connor has run out of options and risks keeping Boozer on the roster the entire season, a "PR" move the Jazz organization wants to aviod, if he does not move Boozer in the next few days.

• Anonymous
    July 22, 2009 11:37 a.m.

"he only problem here is that Milsap gets a lot of his points by hustling, picking up loose balls and rebounding missed shots. But he's not a very effective scorer when he's being defended or when the Jazz run plays for him. Look at how often he gets his shots blocked. Boozer is a far superior low post scorer who can pretty reliably score or get fouled in go to situations where the Jazz need points, much like Karl Malone."
    Have you not looked at Paul Millsaps stats? He put up 27 against New Orleans (David West) 20 against Houston (Scola) 32 against Boston (Garnett!!!) 20 against Phoenix (Stoudamire) 18 against Toronto (Bosh)And had 3 double figure games against the Lakers in the playoffs! As a backup to our little baby Boozer.. With Paul Millsap starting he will be one of the top 5 or 6 power forwards in the league. end of story.. Ill trade the number 3 power forward with no D in order for Millsap to play! Everyone will be surprised with how well he can play starting a whole season!!

• magnus
    July 22, 2009 11:30 a.m.

I for one am exited to see a redo of the disaster that was last season...see what this squad can do when they don't have to deal with massive injuries. If Harpring decides to hang it up they are going to need a verteran enforcer but other than that I like this team.

As far as a Boozer trade goes, here's a scenario that I could see going down....

The heat are in a holding pattern right now untill Odom makes a decision, if Odom decides to join Miami then Miami goes hard after Boozer, if he doesn't, then Miami does nothing.

Why? Because Miami is positioned to make a play for a top tier FA in 2010, if they get Odom they lose some of that ability, so they go after Boozer because tehy would be able to keep him using his bird rights even if they are over the cap.

So if Miami wants Boozer, what do the Jazz want?

1) Cap releif
    2) Beasley

the deal

Boozer for Beasley and Jones (plus Miamis trade exception)

If Miami won't give up Beasley, no deal.

• I agree (jumpinjax)
    July 22, 2009 10:59 a.m.

Thomas for Boozer is a great trade. Thomas is young and cheap. Not to mention he does something the Jazz desperately need. He blocks shots!!! and plays great interior DEFENSE, ya that D word Boozer can't pronounce.

• Gretzky
    July 22, 2009 10:41 a.m.

Boozer is the backup to Millsap now. simple as that. Boozer will be on the injured reserve again in no time anyways for which the Jazz likely have an insurance policy to use on him to recover monies lost on the Dukey.

• Trade?
    July 22, 2009 10:39 a.m.

There has never been a trade.

It has all been orchestrated by Boozer's machine.

Opening Day, Boozer will be playing for the Utah Jazz, with a chance to prove his worth. All-Star or bum.

• Henry Drummond
    July 22, 2009 10:25 a.m.

Boozer has an expiring contract and motivation to play hard. I don't think he could help noticing that nobody was willing to "give him a raise" and it looks like nobody is even ready to take him straight across. I think that tells you something.

• trade
    July 22, 2009 10:24 a.m.

I will take a bag of ice and towel boy and a new stantionary bike, cuz he wore it out.

• Gosh, what a surprise!
    July 22, 2009 10:23 a.m.

Boozer's statements to the media outside Utah contradict the truth? None dares to say it -- Carlos Boozer is lacking in moral turpitude. There, I said it.

• Thomas for Boozer
    July 22, 2009 10:22 a.m.

I am really surprised to hear people say Thomas and James for Boozer is not a good trade! Thomas is young talented and has puts out great effort. James saves us alot of money next year. How can the team lose. We played well w/out Boozer so add another talented played with our young guys returning and we at least have a chance to grow As a team. If that that is not good enough switch heinrich for James and throw in Miles.

• Boozer 6th man
    July 22, 2009 10:06 a.m.

Make Boozer come off the bench. Make Milsap play like he is worth his signing bonus.

If Boozer could man up and play hard off the bench his trade value would improve. Then the Jazz could trade him before the All-Star trade deadline. Utah and Boozer would win.

However, reality sets in and egos take over. Utah and Boozer will probably go through a costly and ugly divorce. If only they would do what's best for the kids. Sigh

• THEeyepatch
    July 22, 2009 9:43 a.m.

I agree with Dixie Dan. Keeping Boozer will be the only way the Jazz even make the Playoffs. Maybe O'Conner wants the Jazz to head in a different direction and the direction without Booz would be south. Maybe this is what the Jazz need. Have a couple of bad seasons, get some high draft picks and start fresh. Sloan couldn't win with two Hall of Fame players, in fact, he hasn't won with anyone period! I know what direction the Jazz need to go and that's with a new coach.

• Johnny
    July 22, 2009 9:36 a.m.

Milsap is good but boozer is better, i still don't see milsap worth 8 million a year.. If the jazz want to bring their cap down they need to move AK first. This guy gets paid like max player but in no way is he an elite player. I say move AK and then boozer second if he really doesn't want to be here, but get some type of value in return and not the scrubs for our top players.

• SCU
    July 22, 2009 9:24 a.m.

I say we do to him what the Knicks did to Marbury and bench to destroy his valve in free agency next year until he is begging us to let him out of his contract just like Marbury did. Or we can play him and he will get another season ending injury and destroy his value on his own.

• chamo112
    July 22, 2009 9:15 a.m.

It's amazing how this story just won't die. Whether O'Connor admits it or not, we all know the Jazz are looking to trade Boozer. Which we've all known for quite a while now. Nothing has changed. They got Millsap back for cheap after paying that signing bonus, which also was no surprise due to the lack of teams willing to give him more money. So, even though new "developments" come out almost daily concerning Boozer, nothing has changed since Boozer decided to opt in; the Jazz were going to match for Millsap and try to trade Boozer.

• Andrew
    July 22, 2009 8:58 a.m.

"Offense will not suffer that much with Carlos gone. Millsap is capable of averaging 14-16 per, with the other starters all increasing their avgs a bit. And the defense will improve. So no worse than a wash."

The only problem here is that Milsap gets a lot of his points by hustling, picking up loose balls and rebounding missed shots. But he's not a very effective scorer when he's being defended or when the Jazz run plays for him. Look at how often he gets his shots blocked. Boozer is a far superior low post scorer who can pretty reliably score or get fouled in go to situations where the Jazz need points, much like Karl Malone.

• Dixie Dan
    July 22, 2009 8:56 a.m.

If the Jazz have any hopes of advancing beyond the first round in the play-offs, they will need Boozer.
    End of story.

• Benchsitter
    July 22, 2009 8:55 a.m.

For all of Boozer's poor judgment in kissing up to every other team in the league and wanting his raise, let him sit on the bench for the season and not play a minute. Then let him go.

• Reality being,
    July 22, 2009 8:53 a.m.

I say there is about an 80% chance he stays. The jazz have pretty much said if they don't egt an all-star or a potential all-star in return they won't be trading him. Player like Tyrus Thomas or Udonis Halsem won't get a deal done and rightfully so.

• todd from santa ana
    July 22, 2009 8:46 a.m.

John, great job while TB on vacation, but frankly this is the biggest joke going on in sports.

O Connor could have made "ample trades by now" How does anyone with a straight face buy a ticket, even houdini, watching Dan Roberts announce the lineup "CARLOS BOOOOOZER!" and the boos cascade from the rafters down to the floor.

It is humiliating more the Jazz do nothing and get red of this guy. It is a farce....

Maybe someone that wants to win such as "Haslem, Landry and or Battier" would be a threat to SLoanie and the SLoanaholics" so it is SAFER to keep SNOOZIE...

Then this will happen boys and girls: Boozie will have a good year and sign a new 5 year contract with the Jazz and all will be good again....

• Wait until Feb
    July 22, 2009 8:37 a.m.

Expiring contracts can bring back some great value in February. Anyone who wants to get in on next summer's free agent stuff and get under the cap will look to shed deals at the trade deadline. The Jazz are right to be patient, because a 12.7 million deal could bring them back a real nice player or two from a team that needs the expiring contract.

• Carlos Boozer FA Tour
    July 22, 2009 8:17 a.m.

I look forward to the next stop on the Carlos Boozer free agency tour. It has been extremely entertaining thus far.

Too bad he opted to NOT become a free agent.

After he pulled the wool over Gordon Gund's eyes in Cleveland, I am guessing this free agent tour by Boozer, while under contract with Utah, has got to be winning him fans with GM's throughout the league.

• blauch
    July 22, 2009 8:07 a.m.

The Jazz have 50 Million committed to Williams, Okur, AK and Millsap for then next two season. The Jazz cannot sign another player for multiple years contracts at 10 million plus. They also want to keep Brewer locked up to a long term deal, and they have a lottery pick from NYC.

That is why they did not offer Boozer a contract extension. The Jazz would like to trade Boozer for a young player that is about 5 million a year, but other teams are offering junk. (it is not that they can't pay the Luxury tax this season, but they can't lock in a player like Hamilton - next years salary will be over this year salary)

Had the Chicago/Portland/Utah Trade went through the Jazz would be thrilled. OConner is trying to tell the other teams that the Jazz are OK with keeping Boozer, but they would like to trade him for another player that would help the Jazz win wit a contract under 8 million a year.

Boozer is not longer in the Jazz's long term plans - therefore he is trying to find a team that can trade them.

• el rey
    July 22, 2009 8:00 a.m.

No one wants him.... including this Jazz Fan. $12-$15 million for half a season and half an effort on defense is way to much

• Hollywood
    July 22, 2009 7:56 a.m.

Ever heard of Deron Williams? Memo Okur?
    Who had the most consecutive double-doubles in the NBA last season? I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Carlos Boozer.

Re: the front office...who was the exec that brought in Memo and drafted DWill, Millsap, Brewer, Miles, etc. Yep, dump the bum(s). One losing season in what, almost 30 years? Yep, Utah sucks and all the execs should be run out of town.

Booz is definitely hurting his trade value. But he doesn't care. He's only looking out for himself. It's almost laughable. He goes from city to city, trying to pimp himself out to the highest bidder.

But no one is buying. His "disease" has already been exposed for all to see. No one trusts him anymore. They know once he signs a big contract he'll immediately pull a hammy. I hope he has to sign for the MLE next summer.

• Heck
    July 22, 2009 7:52 a.m.

the Philadelphia Daily News – are open to bringing in Jason Hart, Brevin Knight and Carlos Arroyo, among others, to provide veteran backup point guard.

Don't intertain the notion of adding Hart, Knight and Arroyo to the 76ers, especially Knight! What a bunch of useless point guards!! Heck, go after Howard Eisly. You'll get a great back-up p. guard with him.

• carter
    July 22, 2009 7:47 a.m.

keep booze on the bench and give his minutes to others. have him sit in street clothes behind the actual players. boozer isn't an nba player, he is just a con-artist and has ruined his relationship with his second boss now. good job booze. why dont you click your heels together three times and go back to alaska

• Anonymous
    July 22, 2009 7:05 a.m.

The games go on. Blah, blah, blah.

• sumu
    July 22, 2009 5:09 a.m.

dump andrei and booz. who is our scorer? dump the coach and front office and get modern day execs that know the players

• Congrats, O'Connor
    July 22, 2009 3:45 a.m.

I disagree with the previous poster. I hope we don't give Carlos anything he asks for. He is under contract, and needs to be quiet about trades. He is under contract until he is traded.

To me, this is simply another case of Carlos only looking out for Carlos and not worrying about commitment or the team. Good job, Kevin, sticking to your guns. Don't trade Carlos until a trade gives the Jazz someone worth having...

• utwingnut
    July 22, 2009 2:23 a.m.

I say trade bozer to the clippers for coke and a cheerleader.

• Smack
    July 22, 2009 2:19 a.m.

Obviously, Boozer wants out of here any way he can. By him saying that the Jazz have agreed to trade him, he makes the Jazz look like they are willing to dump him without getting very much value. This takes bargaining power away from the Jazz and is a final "thanks for nothin" special delivery from the BOOZ. I bet the best thing about Utah for him (beside the fortune he was able to amass) will be seeing it in his rearview mirror. Get this mercenary out of town and bring a pro in here so we can finally get excited for the new season. Otherwise, we have to go through this soap opera one more time.

• workinglate
    July 22, 2009 12:51 a.m.

the way to read O'conner's comments is that he's trying to tell potential suitors that the Jazz are considering keeping Boozer do he doesn't look as desperate as others are perceiving him to be. It's not working, IMHO. There's no way in this economy, in the Utah market, that the Jazz are going to pay that $15M tax for going over their budget by having AK, Okur, Boozer, and Milsap - other team may be willing to do that (e.g, the Yankees) but no one in the Jazz organization is interested in doing that. My guess is that if they do end up paying the luxury tax, O'conner will be out of a job (after forfeighting his salary to help pay that tax).

• CJ3
    July 22, 2009 12:37 a.m.

Booz's trade value is at an all-time low right now whether he likes it or not, and all the jabber-jawin' isn't helping his case any.

Time to put it aside and get ready to play your butt off, big fella.

• KOC, a chance to redeem yourself
    July 21, 2009 11:55 p.m.

Trade Booz while we can still get something out of him. I would not be surprised however if KOC kept him. Can we trade O'Conner?