Doug Robinson: Interested in Boozer? Be careful

• Sarcasam?!? Re:Miles
    June 9, 2009 12:21 p.m.

Did you just say Amare (Stoudamire), at a MINIMUM? Sure, were it possible I'd even package Booze, AK, Korver, Brewer, Price, Harpring, Okur, Fesenko, Almond AND Millsap, to get HIM. But where does that really leave us PF-wise? You trade the mid-range shooting (Boozer), for a defensive presence, which I'm cool with, but with how upset we jazzfans seem to be over injury prone athletes, we would have to exclude Amare from our collective wish list. Perhaps you meant Amir (Johnson, DET). Hey, I don't think he's ever been injured! Of course you're sort of protected when you're the 11th man on a roster.
    P.S. I'd take D. Brown (Xavier) with the 20th pick, a gamble but nobody wows me that late in the draft anyways, at least you get an athletic FREAK ;}

• Re: Steve fron Jersey
    June 6, 2009 1:55 p.m.

SEE YA..........

• Steve from Jersey
    June 6, 2009 11:03 a.m.

If the Jazz re-sign Boozer I'm done. I'll find another team to watch, I swear.

• Ryano
    June 5, 2009 5:17 p.m.

Would you trust Millsap (who I love) with the game on the line? Could you throw the ball down to him in the lane and ask him to go win a game for you? Boozer has done that for us before. He won us a game 7 in Houston, and against the Lakers this year. Millsap wore down starting 20 games for us. Millsap was who Boozer was 5 years ago when Utah signed him. So all the people who say Boozer has no heart. How do you know Millsap will be playing the same way in 5 years? Go look how Boozer played in Cleveland. He was a hustle player who would get rebounds and score off plays that weren't designed for him. Sound familiar? I don't understand why people start pointing there pitch forks at Ak instead of Boozer. He is the one sucking us dry at $15 mil a year. Ak makes more the Yao Ming and the same amount as Amare Stoudemire. He should be the one you want gone.

• RE: macnamara
    June 5, 2009 4:18 p.m.

You'ld be wrong!
    And they are wrong.

2007-2008 season with a healthy boozer:

jazz: 54-28. lose in second round to lakers 2-4 (wiht boozer putting up bad number in the series)

2008-2009 season with boozer out most of the time:

jazz 48-34 lose in first round to lakers 1-4 (with boozer putting up good numbers in the series)

The fact is for all his millions and glory numbers he makes very litte difference,

(his offensive numbers are meaningless since the jazz system is designed for power forwards to score a lot, AK did, milssp did, so a even a moderetly talented PF can score a lot, in the jazz system the PF points are always inflated)

especially for one that is supposed to be the team star, the marquee player.

in other words, the jazz are wastng their BIG money on player that can NOT help them win a championship, but only a few more regular season games.

• Jason
    June 5, 2009 3:54 p.m.

Boozer neds to get out of town quick, send him to toronto for bosh. With bosh we get boozers offensive numbers and someone who can actually play some D. Bosh and another defensive player = championship.

• Tyler B
    June 5, 2009 3:38 p.m.

The problem with saying this out loud is that we want Booz out of here, don't tell people not to take him from us!

• IMark
    June 5, 2009 2:30 p.m.

@ you have to be kidding....

You are correct. Most of us would do the same thing, given a chance. It is just that we would not announce it to our boss over the intercom, before we had the new job locked up, and even then, we would have more class.

Boozer is talented, but mercenary. He plays hard, but without passion. He works out, quite obviously, but not as hard as he could, nor with the goal of being the best. OK is good enough for him, because it isn't about the game or winning. It is a job, and the NBA is a business. I am ok with that, but don't expect me to care for him when he is just an employee, just like the guy selling popcorn.

I would rather see the Jazz save their money and keep looking for the employee that is really passionate about the game. That is why I loved Stockton so much, and respected Jordan.

• Please Stop
    June 5, 2009 2:25 p.m.

Can somebody tell me where we are replacing Boozers 20 and 10 a night if he does not re-sign here?

The fact is we are not replacing it and there is NOBODY on this roster who can. Millsap? Not even close.

I hate Boozers effort and I hate his defense and I hate his dumb classless PR comments that he makes.

All that said there is no way we should let Boozer go.

We should let Memo go and sign Gortat in his place. Then we should trade Ronnie Brewer for a shooting guard that can actually shoot. DUH!!!

Then Gortat can stand in the middle and defend like a Center is supposed to (and clean up for Boozers mess of a defensive effort).

Then our "shooting guard" should be the one shooting 3's to spread the floor.

There--problem solved.

You can still run the same PG to PF system but you have appropriate people at their proper positions instead of the abortion we have now. Center shooting 3's? Shooting guard who has to score at the rim or he is useless/totally ineffective?

Get the right people in the right slots and things will happen.

• gdog
    June 5, 2009 1:14 p.m.

Hey Macnamera, You can bet your farm over to me if you want Sloan as your foundation of conviction. Sloan stopped smoking awhile back but still breathes in stupid fumes. If Boozer is so marquee, let him test the free agent waters in 2010. He knows a long term deal is right for his greed right now. Fine make your money elsewhere Boozer. If the Jazz pay this guy Memo's money, then kiss the real money man goodbye. The Jazz can also kiss my thousands of bucks a year goodbye as well. BOOZER IS WEAK.

• macnamara
    June 5, 2009 11:14 a.m.

Greg Miller called Carlos a "Marquee Player". And Coach Sloan said, "Bottom line Boozer makes the team better." I'd bet the farm their assessment of him is closer to reality than all you juveniles combined.

• Jazz fan
    June 5, 2009 9:56 a.m.

After watching the last few seasons I would agree that Boozer is unreliable and not consistant. He is not worth 70 million dollars. Really not many are. When he was in the game I never knew what was going to happen. I hope he leaves.

• Matt
    June 5, 2009 1:05 a.m.

man, I almost lost it. People actually are afraid of potential deals being halted with other teams because of articles like this??? One journalist's opinion with countless comments attached underneath aren't being watched by NBA team execs. Don't flatter yourselves!

• Miles
    June 5, 2009 12:36 a.m.

I don't think any is faulting Boozer for wanting the most money. They are faulting him for his lack of effort on the court and his massive injury list. Everyone is now questioning whether or not he is really worth that kind of money to keep him around given his track record. The consensus is he is not worth the money in the future and to let him walk.

• You have to be kidding
    June 4, 2009 11:11 p.m.

An NBA player is lucky to have what, an eight year career? And you are calling a guy a mercenary for trying to maximize his value over that short career?

I think most people would jump at the chance to do the same job they are currently doing for better pay. In fact, to reject the opportunity to do so is downright stupid.

Keep sucking on those sour grapes, Doug, and if a bigger newspaper ever comes calling with a nice offer I hope you reject it out of principle.

• jord
    June 4, 2009 8:28 p.m.

couldn't agree more. we need new blood in the line up. right now the Jazz will never beat the Lakers or any other elite team. you can't improve with the players we have, especially boozer. this season is as good as that group of players can ever be.

• Miles
    June 4, 2009 4:35 p.m.

@reality.....The reality is we can't get rid of AK but we can get rid of Boozer. If he stays we trade him, if he opts out we wave goodbye. Same with AK after next year. Then we can finally move forward with guys who want to play the game called basketball. AK is a baby and Carlos is all about Carlos. Neither one of them will ever win a championship in the NBA.

• J DUB
    June 4, 2009 4:30 p.m.

Let's hope Booze opts out of his contract and walks. He can be somebody else's problem.

• reality
    June 4, 2009 11:01 a.m.

Let's be realistic. While I agree that it's been tough to have Boozer miss so many games and to watch his sometimes awful defense, but who are the jazz going to get to replace him. there is no one in the league that the jazz can afford that can put up those numbers. Millsap is not there yet, and we don't know if he ever will be. Yes he had a very good 20 games, but that's it. And for all those complaining about the money, have you forgotten Andre Kirilenko? I would much rather put up with Boozer then to see Kirilenko's worthless game on the floor. Kirelenko hasn't done anything for the jazz!

• Calgary jazz
    June 4, 2009 10:57 a.m.

Finally somebody from local media had the guts to write truth about worst defensive player ever to play on the Jazz and in all NBA's history - Boozer. Jazz are certainly better without him.
    Thanks and only if you finally write something similar about Sloan?

June 4, 2009 10:07 a.m.

Are you the same macnamara that couldn't make the team? Or any NBA team for that matter! Is Macnamara your idea of a good basketball player? If that's the case I don't beleive your basketball IQ is up to snuff.

• re:re: Boozer / Fisher
    June 4, 2009 9:48 a.m.

Fisher was open from the very beginning and I read it in a DESERET NEWS article...mentioning the LA Lakers as a possibility of where he could end up.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about Fisher knows that he is a straight up guy. Larry Miller released him and at that point he was free to sign with anyone that was close to his daughter's treatment.

Lakers were a mess at the time that he signed with them. There was no Pau Gasol, etc. NO ONE thought the Lakers would play in the finals last year!

On the Jazz team he was a back up player and with the Lakers he became a starter, so who had the deeper team at that time???

Boozer's deal with signing with Utah and leaving Cleveland hanging is very different. He got more money in Utah (if I remember right Fisher took a pay cut!!)

Would love to see the Lakers (and Fisher!) get another championship this year!

• macnamara
    June 4, 2009 8:50 a.m.

Yapp about something long enough and eventually it becomes Gospel. A handfull of you malcontents continually bag on Boozer about his defense and over time he becomes a bad defensive ball player.

For big men there's PTS, Rbds and defense. How many players in the league can do it all? With Boozer you get 20 and 10 every night with average defense. And his defense in spite of the way some of you paint it, is about the league average.

You people have vilified Carlos for so long you've started to believe your own lies.....Run him outta here! Trade him! Let him walk!.........Then your sorry asses are gonna wish to hell you had him back. What you're going to find is, he's not that easy to replace.

• Great story....
    June 4, 2009 6:51 a.m.

Expressed my feelings to a T. BOOzer is lame...let's let some other NBA team pay BOOzer to sit the bench.

June 4, 2009 12:23 a.m.

Boozer is my man!! i want him back utah!! we need him. Give us another chance.

• Marc
    June 3, 2009 10:25 p.m.

Boozer's got to go! He can score when he wants to, but he gives up at least as much on the defensive end so really, he's giving us zero. I've been a die-hard Jazz fan for as long as I have been watching basketball (15 years) and never before have I heard Jazz fans boo one of their own "stars" off the floor. I heard it at least 4 times this season alone. It's true we probably won't get a Chris Bosh or any high profile star, but at least we will be getting rid of a high profile deadbeat! Let him go! At least Millsap works hard on both ends of the floor and puts up numbers while doing it.

• Boozer's strategy
    June 3, 2009 10:17 p.m.

I think every NBA team already knows Boozer history, maybe some other teams are gambling just like the Jazz 5 years ago hoping that Boozer will find the Jazz as his home team, but as we say it's a gamble and it didn't work out between the Jazz and Boozer, so some other teams are hoping that Boozer as talented as he is will find what team he really wants by taking a chance of acquiring him... as for the Jazz we should evaluate our options regarding Boozer, a "sign and trade" is I think the best option for both parties, eventhough if Boozer said he wants to stay but actually he really wants out but because of his poor performance last season with lots of missed games, he will try to impress other teams by playing one more year with the Jazz whether the team make the playoffs or not, therefore a more beautiful offer will likely happen by the end of next season for him, I think that's the strategy of Boozer so the Jazz must not be fooled on what he says like he wants to stay,really?

• spirow
    June 3, 2009 9:59 p.m.

Im sorry but the toronto raptors are not for a single second interested in boozer

• Poor Boozer
    June 3, 2009 7:52 p.m.

I actually feel sorry for Boozer. He is a very talented PF. He also have more problems than PH.

What I really care about is getting a winning team. If Boozer stays for a reasonable price and contributes that is great. If Boozer leaves and the Jazz get a decent replacement that is also great.

It is a business for both Boozer and the fans. I want to win (with or without Boozer). I am tired of slightly better than average (8th seed), early exits. The Jazz will not make the playoffs next year unless changes are made. Boozer and Sloan are good places to start.

If Boozer stays, plays hard and helps, then great, if not then best wishes.

• Nancy
    June 3, 2009 7:36 p.m.

Yes, I agree that the writer exercised ill will toward Boozer. For good or for bad Boozer is Boozer. If you don't like him on the Jazz team complain to the owner of the team. He's the one who can do something about it (i.e. let him go and replace him with someone else.) Stop whining, enough already.

• RE: Get Some Toughness
    June 3, 2009 7:02 p.m.

Why would those other teams want those players?

It the system and the coach, folks!

Until that changes the jazz will get:

the same system,

the same TYPE of players, players that sloan wants and fits his system (and the jazz dwill get rid of tthe ones sloan doesn't like, how many offensive minded 2s and 3s have the jazz kept around, or has sloan played?),

and the same outcome, no championship.

• Deseret News needs new columnist
    June 3, 2009 6:56 p.m.

I'm getting tired of reading you guys. Can you find some better journalists? People who actually like the Jazz?

Seriously. I used to check DesNews everyday just to read about the Jazz. I'm getting sick of it. This is terrible stuff. Your article about "chemistry" was ridiculous. I can't believe he compared his high school team to the NBA. Doug Robinson called people in the upper bowl "slugs" earlier this year. I'm sick of these people.

• Terrible Article
    June 3, 2009 6:52 p.m.

What's your point? Booze is willing to leave a team behind for $21 million dollars?

Can you blame him? Would you do differently? I bet you would ditch your company for $21,000 probably 2100.

Booze is one of the best PF in the league any team would be lucky to have him. He is in the top 25 for career FG%.

I hope he stays in Utah

• Get Some Toughness
    June 3, 2009 6:17 p.m.

How about Maxiel-Det(free agent), Gordon-Chicago (free agent),Tyrus Thomas-Chicago(tradeable), Crawford & Turiaf-GS,(for A.K.), Wallace & Bell-Charlotte (tradeable), Nocioni-Sac (tradeable), for softies and old players- Knight, Collins, Miles, A.K., Boozer, and Harpring (expiring contract). Also all draft choices from last year, this year and the Knick pick next year to accomplish the goal of toughness! Roll the players, the trades however, add the free agents and we would be a competitor again! Do it Greg, Kevin, & Sloan.

• Missouri Jazz Fan
    June 3, 2009 5:08 p.m.

Possibly the reason Korver might want to leave Utah is because Sloan does not know how to use his talent and most of the players do not pass him the ball. He should be a lot more accurate now that he has had surgery on his wrist, at least he still goes out and plays hard even with an injury-can't say that about all of the Jazz players. I saw him hustle as hard on defense as almost anyone except maybe Milsap. I think maybe it is time for Sloan

• Sh@
    June 3, 2009 4:50 p.m.

I don't understand the love affair with Bosh. I would rather see Okafur and Gerald Wallace come to Utah. Defense and offense, covering positions Utah needs to trade up in.

• Miles
    June 3, 2009 4:50 p.m.

The reality is that Jerry wants Boozer back in uniform (or suit). Jerry gets what Jerry wants. The only thing that will keep Boozer from wearing a Jazz uniform next year is Boozer. Jerry loves the guy. Which makes no sense. Jerry whines about guys with no heart which Boozer has none. Jerry whines about defensive which Boozer has none. Jerry whines about guys talking days off which Boozer takes off weeks at a time. Jerry whines about playing hard which Boozer never does. Jerry whines everything and Boozer is not everything to anyone. So which is it Jerry? You sound like you are running for a political office. Talking out both sides of your mouth.

• Carlos Looooooozer
    June 3, 2009 4:48 p.m.

Well we won't hear that over the PA anymore at home games. I have not liked Boozer since his Duke days but tried to give him a chance in Utah. Good job by the Jazz not giving him a big deal. Look at Washington. They give Arenas a big 20 million per year contract and he sat out all year again. Boozer is not worth what he wants. The sad thing is is that when the Jazz play the team that he goes to, the game will sell out, so that Jazz fans can Boo this loozer, but...one problem... He will be in street clothes, so we will have to do what Cleveland did and show his picture on the jumbotron and boo him then. Boozer sucks. Get this loozer out of here. The Jazz also need to get rid of the overpaid AK47. He irks me more than Boozer did.

• pride
    June 3, 2009 4:45 p.m.

pistons won a championship with Wallaces but lost their future. Memo could EASILY replace Sheed in one years' time with right coach.It's easy to say if you found out how rapidly he developed and become a big time player despite being too young to handle this kind of responsibility.Why Pistons era of discipline, teamwork ended badly is Rasheed's perception: "we can win whenever we want, no need to worry".It's called "cancer of team". Also, Memo's leaving Detroit is completely different story.First reason: playing mins, second: Larry Brown. Carlos was gonna have his enough playing time for sweet stats with respect,interest. Carlos' offensive presence will be surely missed but can be replaced.Our offense will find a way to score sufficiently.We should find a PF-C who can contribute both sides of floor and create a respectable inside presence.Balanced+relatively more contributions from Memo+deron+starting PF will be compulsory when more contribution from bench/role players will be key to the games.

• KJ
    June 3, 2009 4:21 p.m.

@ Stevie-O

Look, I'm not saying Boozer is better than Bosh, I'm not even saying Boozer is worth keeping, I just find a lot of the garbage being tossed around about Booze is unfounded. Regarding your comments on Bosh, yes he was more worthy of playing time in the olympics because he is more skilled, but my point is the difference between the two players is minute. I've watched Bosh play many times, and in my opinion, he's as effective (or ineffective) as Booze is on the defensive end. On the flipside, he's explosive offensively, but usually settles for jumpers (hence the lack of solid FG%), rather than being aggresive. And by the way, bigger guys (PF, C) usually play closer to the hoop, so in turn their FG% is almost always higher than perimeter players. Comparing Bosh's FG% to perimeter players isn't logical because they don't play the same position. Comparing his FG% to Boozer makes much more sense for obvious reasons and it shows that Boozer is the more efficient offensive player.

• Anonymous
    June 3, 2009 4:17 p.m.

Boozer Starting - 2008 - 2009
    36 games - 16.2 ppg (49.1%), 1.08 spg, 0.17 bpg, 10.4 rpg and 2.2 apg

Millsap Starting - 2008 - 2009
    38 games - 16.0 ppg (54.5%), 1.24 spg, .97 bpg, 10.3 rpg, and 2.4 apg

• Hollywood
    June 3, 2009 3:28 p.m.

Great article - 100% spot on.

But what if this gets picked up nationally and the Detroit, Toronto and NJ ownership groups read it? It could kill any potential deal. And now there's not even a cluless Isiah in NY that would bail Utah out with a sign and trade for Boozer.

Carlos is a great stats guy, but he's not a winner. He doesn't play with heart. Isn't willing to do the dirty work (i.e. play defense). I'm not saying his injuries weren't legit, but his recovery times were ridiculous.

Just look at Millsap. The guy played on 1 leg for weeks because the team had no one else. He should have been on IR.

I agree - we can't replace Boozer's 20/10. But Millsap EASILY gets 15/8 - and gives up a lot fewer points on the other end. Not only to the PF, but also on the defensive switches that Booz rarely covers.

If O'Connor ends up resigning this clown - and losing Millsap as a result, I'll have to find another team to cheer for.

June 3, 2009 3:09 p.m.

@ The Truth

All good points! Memo is in the background a bit with all the Boozer rumors floating around. Detroit is all over our players. They want Millsap... then they want Boozer... and like you said Memo would replace wallace perfectly! I personally hope they get Boozer and leave the other two alone.

June 3, 2009 3:05 p.m.

KJ part II

Did you watch Chris Bosh in the Olympics? There IS a reason he played and Boozer sat on the bench and watched. Bosh has heart. The guy goes 100% no matter what team he's on, no matter what the score is.
    Also... Defense isn't only determined by blocked shots. Bosh is more mobile than Boozer.

Also... If your only definition of a good offensive player is shooting percentage than I guess you don't want Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Paul Peirce, or Lebron James on your team. Those guys don't usually shoot over 50% during a season either. Very few players do!

June 3, 2009 3:02 p.m.

I'm not in a position to view statistics while I'm posting. So when I say things it has to be from memory. Are you saying Boozer came back from injury and lead the Jazz to 8 more victories? As I remember Booze didn't have the shooting touch, or play well at all his first few games back (uderstandably so considering he was out a while). The Jazz won despite his low production.

I will admit the tough schedule contributed to the Jazz rough end to the season, but Boozer never got back to his real form. If a player demands BIG money they need to carry the team.

My questions for the Boozer lovers are:
    1- Why does Boozer get a free pass to loaf on defense just because he's "a great offensive player."
    2- Does Boozer honestly deserve a raise?
    3- Charles Barkley question: If Boozer does want a massive contract "Can he get your team over the hump?"

I think Boozer has already proven he can't get the team over the hump so we can't afford to pay him more money.

• The Truth @ re
    June 3, 2009 2:52 p.m.

In regards to my previous post, the main point was to keep your young talent and then add through the lottery and free agency to get a better contender not the current group of softies. NY's pick was 8 this year, and unless they pull off a trade, they probably won't get better. They could also lose David Lee and unless they get lucky in the draft, I don't see them getting better next year with a rookie. That plus the fact that they are trying to get under the salary cap enough so that they can sign two free agents in 2010 to max money. The easier way to rebuild for the Jazz is probably to do a sign and trade and or sign everyone and trade them later so they don't lose anyone without compensation. It's looking scary if Detriot is able to get rid of more salary cap space. No one is talking about it, but they may go after Okur to replace Wallace's three point shooting. I think they would have kept Okur if they could have afforded him in the past.

• @Anoymous
    June 3, 2009 2:35 p.m.

I hate it that pro basketball today is all about money to the players. It's not enough to be in love with the game. How did all these BIG BUCKS for play get started. Its the same with the other sports too especially baseball. What a disappointment when the players go to the media and say what they'll do for how much $ they can get. Players go for the bigger paycheck not the game.
    Boozer can leave for all I care if money is all he cares about. How much does one man need in a lifetime?
    I love the jazz. I'm a California girl and I hate the Lakers, I'm just sick of primma donnas who act badly. Next we'll be seeing stamping of feet and whinning to go with it all. Bummer.

• Adam
    June 3, 2009 2:31 p.m.

Re: Dead Horse
    Perfect post! Seriously, I couldn't agree more. Doug might have just cut and pasted from these message boards to write this article.

I'm not the biggest Booz fans out there, but I think we're too harsh on the guy. Realistically, some of us really are expecting our power forward to be as durable, strong, and defensively minded as Karl Malone... guess what fans? There was only one Karl Malone... and most of you didn't like him either!

Through the years we've all been so critical. Critical fans are ridiculous. So many act like they can do better than Jazz management. Well, I am grateful you'll never have a chance to try.

Thank you Carlos for being a two time all star for us.... for getting us to a confrence finals and being a great first go to guy for D-Wil. Sorry more of these fans didn't appreciate you more... We'll realize how good you were after you're gone.

• Jenn
    June 3, 2009 2:21 p.m.

Seriously- so funny!!! I couldn't agree more and loved reading this article! Perfectly said, my friend.

• re: Boozer / Fisher
    June 3, 2009 2:21 p.m.

Many would disagree that Fish's intentions were that pure. Awful convenient landing with the Lakers that quick, wouldn't you say?

• Bring Tavis
    June 3, 2009 2:14 p.m.

Hansen. Jazz don't have to give him big contract and pick up two or three more guys to replace this Boozer guy. Sorry, I am not the guy at the Jazz dept who understand how this work when comes to trading market. Travis does have guts!

• TheHailstorm
    June 3, 2009 1:51 p.m.

Lose the boozer. Chances are the Jazz are going to pay for no play.Keep Koufas as he works a he really works at his game and down the road he can only get better. My picks to stay . Ak ,memo, D-Will, Brewer, Koufas, Mllsap, and Harpering just to beat up on Kobe.

Collins, Fes, Boozer. CJ and Knight. These can close up shop and go elsewhere Keep the workers and pack up the drones.

• Hey
    June 3, 2009 1:51 p.m.

Don't say mean things about carlos, you might make it so no one else wants him and we would be stuck. I say pay for play. He should play next year for 6 mil.

• KJ
    June 3, 2009 1:48 p.m.

@ Stevie-O

First of all, unlike you, I've done the research and it shows Boozer was there for eight games of the 12-game winning streak. What Boozer haters can't comprehend is that the Jazz collapse at the end of the season coincided with a schedule that had them playing a bevy of road games against good competition. Anyone who knows anything about the Jazz's core as presently constituted (Williams, Boozer, Okur) knows that this is a team that can't win on the road. Therefore, logic suggests it was perpetual road woes that killed the Jazz not the mythical chemistry killer.

By the way, I don't get Jazz fans' obsession with Bosh. He's 6'10 230 lbs, and in his career he's averaged 0.7 more BPG (1.2 BPG) than Boozer. For all his length and athleticism, he's hardly a defensive presence. Not only that, but he's never shot 50% from the field in his career. You all hate Boozer's injuries, and deservedly so, but Bosh has never played a full season himself. Just because ESPN touts Bosh as a superstar doesn't mean you have to.

• Stucki
    June 3, 2009 1:45 p.m.

Dude, you are way too bitter! If you want to change jobs can't you? So why can't Carlos Boozer? Carlos is not the reason the Jazz lose and everybody knows that.

• Dead horse
    June 3, 2009 1:43 p.m.

Really, Doug? You had to beat Boozer down even more? The message boards weren't full enough from all of the other anti-Boozer articles? The mob, er I mean, fans, hadn't done a thorough enough job beating him to the ground? I'm no Boozer fan, but when everyone's already on the bandwagon, why keep recruiting? The wagon is full.

Oh, and forget about Chris Bosh everyone. He will never grace a Jazz uniform. No way, no how. Does a blockbuster trade sound like Jazz front office behavior to you? The Jazz draft talent and trade for role players. It's fact.

June 3, 2009 1:24 p.m.

Tyler Hansbrough plays hard

Jerome Betis is from Pittsburgh

• Boozer / Fisher
    June 3, 2009 1:04 p.m.

Utah Jazz fans had the nerve to lash out at Derek Fisher when he left for his daughter's treatment. It looks like you only lash out when it doesn't work for your benefit. Jazz had no problem signing Boozer back when the Cavaliers were TRUSTING him to re-sign.

You no longer want Boozer so you have no problem pointing out his "contract signing" flaws when you want to get rid of him. (I think the Cavaliers could have used him this year, who knows maybe they would be playing in the finals??!!) What goes around comes around for both Boozer and the Jazz.

Go Fisher! I'm pulling for you to win another ring!

June 3, 2009 12:58 p.m.

The Jazz line-up should look something like this if I had my way:

C- Memo
    PF- Chris Bosh
    SF- AK
    SG- Brewer
    PG- Dwill

Koufus, Fesenko, Millsap, Chris Anderson, CJ Miles, Matt Harpring, Korver, Ronnie Price, sign one more PG.

• PurplePeopleEater
    June 3, 2009 12:23 p.m.

Opinions on Boozer are all over the place, even from sportswriters.

Maybe Booz isn't real---just a figment of our imaginations?

Did we dream these last 5 years?

Pinch yourself!

Reality check: D-Will wants him back. How many of you think D-Will isn't sane?

Also, Korver haters, he had to have surgery after the season. Let's see YOU hit long jump shots accurately with his injury.

• Pickle
    June 3, 2009 12:22 p.m.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!! FINALLY!!! GIVE US BOSH!!!!

• Figure it out
    June 3, 2009 12:01 p.m.

It certainly seemed like the Jazz playing and winning declined when Boozer came back. The team played alot better feeding off each other without Boozer! That being said...the Jazz still need a power forward. Make that a big power forward! Milsap is a good player, but he just isn't going to fill the role of a sizable power forward. It would be nice to keep Milsap if the price is not out of sight. His hard play does not make up for his size. He's just too short to be the man!
    Hopefully someone will figure it out!

• magnus
    June 3, 2009 11:54 a.m.

Boozer is absolutely worth 12 million a year.

The rumors now are that Detroit may be more interested in Millsap than Boozer and could possibly make Millsap a rediculous offer (9-10 mil a year) instead of Boozer, I have a hard time seeing the Jazz paying 9-10 Mil a year for Millsap.

Wouldn't that be poetic justice? The Pistons steal Millsap away from the Jazz and that leaves Boozer totally at the mercy of the Jazz because no other team with cap space wants him. If he wants a bigger contract from Jersey or Toronto the Jazz would have to agree to a sign and trade, if the Jazz didn't agree to it they could offer him a low ball contract and he would have little choice other than take it.

I would hate to lose Millsap, but I can't help but love the irony of it.

• re: The Truth
    June 3, 2009 11:46 a.m.

The unfortunate truth is that New Yorks pick will like be in the teens. The East is still bad, and they don't want to be too terribe while trying to lure Lebron in 2010.

Including Brewer an CJ in the list of "core" players is laughable. The CORE of the Jazz today is DWill, and the only way that gets added to is if (1) Boozer resigns and becomes the #2, or (2) Boozer is traded for someone like Bosh who is a legit #2 in the league. Other than those possibilities, no one on the roster is a "core" piece.

• David Locke
    June 3, 2009 11:46 a.m.

The Jazz would be better in the long run by taking a step back next year. Let Boozer go, find a suitor for AK, resign Millsap, get Okur only if at the right price; by doing this they can snag a 2010 free agent and no I'm not talking about Lebron or Wade. Maybe Bosh or Joe Johnson, etc while everyone else is focused on Lebron and Wade.

• Boozer is a pretender
    June 3, 2009 11:39 a.m.

People used to compare Boozer to Malone because he's a 6'9" Power Forward with 20-10 stats. Of course, that's where the similarity ends. Malone was one of the most durable and consistent players of all time, was much more competitive, and played hard on the defensive end. Malone was good enough to beat Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan, Barkley, and David Robinson on the way to the finals.

What has Boozer ever done in the playoffs? Mostly just get embarrassed by Odom, Gasol, and Duncan. Where is T-Mac when you need him? Why should the Jazz pay Boozer as if he were Malone when it is clear to see he is just not a dependable franchise-player? They made the same mistake with AK out of fear and desperation that they couldn't get anyone better right away.

Personally, I'd rather see the Jazz save their money even if they have a few down years. If they re-sign Boozer I fully expect to see another 5 years of injuries and mediocre up and down Jazz teams that will never once finish in the top-3 in the West.

• camsterdam
    June 3, 2009 11:38 a.m.

Amen! I'm just waiting for the contract that pays players based on their production. It happens with US in the normal workplace (or at least it should). This guy is only worth two thirds of his contract.

• C
    June 3, 2009 11:36 a.m.

By Boozer, don't trip going out the door.

June 3, 2009 11:35 a.m.

I CAN'T WAIT to see Boozer (AKA: peanut brittle) go to another team and go down with a major injury two weeks into the season. I'll laugh myself to tears it will be so funny.

June 3, 2009 11:32 a.m.

@ RE:Booz 9:30 AM

Yea Millsap's 17 or 19 double-doubles (don't remember exact number)... that was really bad. He looked worn down to me.
    He was playing against the number one guy on every team during that stretch.
    I agree that he started to wear down after he banged both his knees up, but he came back strong.

Does anybody disagree with me that the Jazz went downhill AFTER Boozer came back from injury. You can't deny that. The Jazz went to pieces after having a 12 game winning streak (mostly while Boozer was out)!

The Jazz will be fine without Boozer.

• Jacob Wheelz#32
    June 3, 2009 11:29 a.m.

In my opinion the jazz can find somebody of better value for Carlos Boozer I really like thee idea of the jazz getting Tyler Hansbrough from North Carolina in the draft Ive always seen Boozer as a choke of a player so if he wants to leave then lets get ride of him But not to free agency were he could sign with another western conference team trade him

June 3, 2009 11:25 a.m.

@ Blind fans:

You mention what a great offensive attribute Boozer is. It's funny because he was the 3rd highest scorer on the team. You go down the list of NBA teams and tell me who the 3rd highest scorer on each team is and I bet that list is mediocre... just like Boozer.
    I'd also like to hear your honest opinion on Boozer's defense?

@ Mark-E-Mark

Boozer was on the record not more than a year ago saying he sees himself playing out his career in Utah. Then midway through the year he says he's going to opt out regardless. Then at the end of the year he's wanted to stay in Utah all along. Now just recently he's talked about going to another team. Well he's been so straight forward and honest I can't understand why people would be upset with him either?
    Korver on the other hand has kept his mouth shut since he got TRADED here (not his decision). He's just gone out and played hard, didn't make mention of HIS option to opt out after the season until... after the season. BIG difference!

• Miles
    June 3, 2009 11:23 a.m.

The best thing we could do is bring in Rasheed Wallace and his bad boy attitude!! He can still score and he has a nasty attitude that might get Memo and AK playing defense. No one would dance down the middle without taking a forearm to the head. He could teach out young big men how to play the game the old fashioned way. Wallace is the last of the big men who just want to beat you up. He would be a steal on the free agency market.

• Re: Imark
    June 3, 2009 11:15 a.m.

IMark and the rest of you. Relax, If you think that the GM of any team in the NBA makes thier decision based on what the fan says in the comment section of the local newpaper, then you are even more of a dreamer than Boozer. Every GM's favorite quote is " They (the fan)don't understand, they have never played in the NBA." And....they don't pay much more attention to the "beat writers" opinion.

• same for AK
    June 3, 2009 11:12 a.m.

sorry folks but this article could be exactly the same for AK just by changing the names. We have 2 huge malignant tumors in the locker room - and we need to cut both out to heal!

• detroit
    June 3, 2009 11:10 a.m.

detroit makes a salary cap move, has one bad season in a decade and you think boozer wanting to go to detroit is purely for the money? you're an idiot. Joe D will put people around him to make that team sucessful. The real question is, does detroit want boozer. I don't want his injury prone self... you can keep him!

• Anonymous

Jamison played 380 games (92%) - 9.9 million
    Okur played 388 games (94%)- 8.5 million
    Nowitzki played 395 games (96%) - 18 million
    Howard played 407 games (99%)- 13.7 million

• The Truth
    June 3, 2009 10:46 a.m.

Sometimes you have to take a step backward to go forward. Maybe the Jazz tried to rebuild to fast and without lottery talent. What if the Jazz let Memo, Booz and Korver all go if they all opt out. Trade AK next year in the last year of his contract and rebuild with the core of Milsap,Koufos,Brewer,D-will,CJ and NY's lottery pick (hopefully a high one) and plenty of $$$ to get some new players with some heart!! If we don't make the playoffs then that's two lottery picks you could use to move up in the draft if needed next year. (That plus a new coach who will give the young guys time to develop.) Then you could count on D-Will to be your team leader/allstar as he would be one of the older guys on the team.

Here is the problem if the jazz keep their core together (milsap,boozer,and Memo) they still aren't a championship team in my opinion. Also if you are going to pay someone 15 million a year it better be a two way player like KG not Booz.

• Richie
    June 3, 2009 10:28 a.m.

Great article, but I hope no one in Detroit, Toronto or New Jersey reads it. I am tired of hearing excuses from loser for his $12 M hangnail while Millsap would crawl on the floor just to play.

• Looz the Booz
    June 3, 2009 10:27 a.m.

Time to go, move on, the fans already have. This guy doesn't deserve his $12.7 salary. No passion in his game besides yelling when missing free throws.

Let's bring in Bosh.

Good article Doug!

• RE: Boozer Haters/Lovers
    June 3, 2009 10:26 a.m.

Ok, ok... Boozer has had his ups and downs throughout his career at Utah. But give the guy a break as half of his salary will now be going to his spouse to cover child support ;) That's at least 5 million per year, right...?

Although at first glance he looks as if he was built out of stone, he is as fragile as glass. That's not an opinion, its a fact! Sure he did do some good things at Utah, but could have been so much better if he really cared about winning. In the end, Boozer is similar to that movie.. "He's just not that into winning"

To be honest, I just want a winner and someone who will work hard in the post. Whether Boozer "Man's Up" or not, I don't really care. I guess I really just want the Mailman in his late 20's back!

• BoozerNotBad
    June 3, 2009 9:51 a.m.

The only question is who is more blind: GGund or DRob?

• David Locke
    June 3, 2009 9:51 a.m.

Carlos Boozer is a cancer that needs to be cut out of the Jazz. A black hole on offense, a mexican bullfighter on defense (ole!), and a chemistry killer in the locker room. Bye Bye Boozer.

• Hey Doug, shhhh. . .
    June 3, 2009 9:47 a.m.

Don't tip our hand that we know what Boozer's all about -- you'll scare off the bidders.

• Positve Players
    June 3, 2009 9:45 a.m.

Let Boozer move on! We need to keep Korver and Okur tho. Too many changes at once will not work for the Jazz. Korver and Okur truly like Utah and are very valuable assests to the Jazz organization! Both work on their game and are a positive influence on other players! They both have great basketball skills and love of the game!

• Miles
    June 3, 2009 9:42 a.m.

Best article I have seen the DN write. Detroit was all about defense when they were good. Boozer is not going to help them in that catagory. Problem is if the Jazz let him go, you have to replace him with someone that can help the team. If the Jazz do nothing but sign Milsap, lucky to win 45 games next year. AK is not the answer. We need to at the minimum get Amare. Millsap will break down by the Allstar break.

• AFarns
    June 3, 2009 9:40 a.m.

This article may seem extreme to some, but the sports media in Salt Lake is rather benign in its treatment of players when compared to other markets in the NBA. That's one of the reasons Boozer likes it here. If he were in L.A. or New York he would be fortunate to be in one piece.

Personally, I feel the truth is somewhere in the middle of the views expressed here. Boozer is not as bad, on the one hand, nor as necessary to the team on the other, as the two extremes suggest. The Jazz will go on either way. I would enjoy the team more sans Boozer. Throw in Kirilenko who has lost his enthusiasm for playing with the Jazz and I would be most happy.

• Happy Player
    June 3, 2009 9:39 a.m.

Let Boozer go after his almighty buck and keep AK happy! AK will be a light hearted player without Boozer! He will get his mojo back! It would be great to see AK play the way he used to! I for one would like to see AK happy again. A happy player makes for a happy team. Boozer has had a sour affect on the Jazz players this season!

• Head Case
    June 3, 2009 9:35 a.m.

Someone once said " Boozer only plays hard when he's motivated". Such a true statement...and we all know the big bucks motivate Boozer. What a sad case! I think Utah would have embraced Boozer if he were a more personable guy. He has an I don't care what you all think attitude. Unfortunately he thinks he is a much better player than he really is! It's Boozer and his agent that is hyping him up to get the bidding going! Let Boozer be someone else's head case!

• Dave
    June 3, 2009 9:31 a.m.

Nice work Doug, you hit the nail on the head.

• re: Booz!!
    June 3, 2009 9:30 a.m.

You are clearly thinking with emotion, not basketball intelligence.

Millsap played very well for the first 20 games after Booz went down. He then started getting nagging injuries, started being much less productive, and was exhausted. You forget to mention that in your comment.

Simply plugging someone into Booz's spot is completely unrealistic. Millsap is efffective and productive because he is able to come off the bench, use his energy and hustle to outwork opponents for baskets, and play much of his time against #2's on the other team. We saw what happened to him when his minutes were increased. Broken down body, less energy, and far less production.

As for AK, that is very obvious to anyone who has watched the Jazz. He was putting up good numbers, while playing with a terrible team around him. AK needs many more touches to get to the same output that Boozer does, and that means less opportunities for DWill. AK is nothing more than a #4-5 option on offense, and that will never change.

• boozer
    June 3, 2009 9:28 a.m.

although I was excited five years ago when the Jazz signed Boozer, I believed even then that he lacked integrity by the way he deceived Cleveland. He is clearly talented, but he lacks the heart and character that real winners have. Does it hurt to lose a guy like Boozer? Yes and no. Sure, his talent and potential will be missed but his lack of defense and absence of heart will not be missed. He is entitled to pursue the team or money he wants and we are entitled to show him little respect.

• re: re: blindfans
    June 3, 2009 9:24 a.m.

In a season where Boozer was hurt and did not play for 40+ games, and came back not at 100%, the Jazz managed to hang onto the 8 seed.

It's not a far stretch to say that next season could end up 1 more slot down the rankings for the Jazz, especially without Booz.

June 3, 2009 9:17 a.m.

Everything said in that article was 100% true. Doug might have taken it easy on Boozer.

• Cavs
    June 3, 2009 9:09 a.m.

Best thing to every happen to the Cavs was lose Boozer. I mean look who they picked up!

• Z
    June 3, 2009 9:08 a.m.

To all of you who are worried about news articles chasing other teams away from taking Boozer. Wake Up!
    If Boozer opts out the Jazz don't need to do anything. If no one wants him they could end up resigning him for a bargain deal. And if he doesn't opt out they will trade him to a team looking for an expiring contract. So just sit back, relax, enjoy the show, and hope that O'Conner and Sloan don't botch things up.

• zeke
    June 3, 2009 8:58 a.m.

Yeah Detroit clearly is not a winning situation. A team in 6 of the last 7 conference finals is definitely a poor situation compared to Utah's illustrious history of success... Both Boozer and Okur only went to the Jazz because they offered more money- don't cry in your non-alcoholic beer now that they're leaving for the very same reasons...

• MJB
    June 3, 2009 8:56 a.m.

He'll fit in perfectly with the citizens of Detroit. They are all corrupt and manage to make way more than they deserve. Detroit is a burden to the country and Boozer is to whatever team he plays for.

• Not blind fans
    June 3, 2009 8:51 a.m.

Even loyal Boozerites always have to put a qualifier at the end of every sentence about him -- as in "He's a 20/10 guy WHEN (and only when) he's on the floor." P.S. That's only 2/3 of the time and money you're going to pay him for. Always a qualifier, and that's why he's a fraud.

• BOOZ!!!
    June 3, 2009 8:49 a.m.

All I keep hearing (especially on 1320 KFAN, which is basically owned by the Jazz) is that Boozer is a 20/10 guy. I keep hearing them try to beat into the fans heads that this guy is good. Ok, he can score 20 points and get 10 rebounds a game. Milsap did nearly the same during his time at power forward. Kirileko did nearly the same when he played power forward (pre-Boozer days). It is the SYSTEM that the Jazz play. Put a decent player in there and they'll get 20/10.

Fact is, Boozer gets his points and rebounds because that is what shows up in the box score. He is ALL about money, and he's smart enough to know that taking a charge or playing tough post up defense so the guy has to kick it back out will NEVER show up in the box score. He puts in the effort to get his numbers, and that's where his loyalty ends.

We need someone with a DESIRE to win, not a DESIRE to get the next paycheck cashed!!

• Don't believe a word he says
    June 3, 2009 8:47 a.m.

Wait and see, like Williams. The talk is never the walk. And I'm hoping Boozer's walk is a long, long one away from here for a long time.

• Johny Fairplay
    June 3, 2009 8:46 a.m.

"he's got more baggage than Paris Hilton on holiday" - great line.

• mark-e-mark
    June 3, 2009 8:44 a.m.

The Utah media has been demonizing Boozer and tarnishing his reputation since before the season was even half over, yet they act betrayed and surprised when they learn that he's interested in signing elsewhere? Take a stance and stick with it, don't play the victim when the player you want to leave is on his way out.

Why did nobody write an article like this when Korver basically said on a radio show that he kinda likes Utah, but not too much, and if something else comes along he's outta here? Oh, because the fans like Korver and you don't want to upset your readers. I see.

• Most Have It Wrong
    June 3, 2009 8:36 a.m.

It's not the "small" market of Utah that these players don't want, it's the coaching we have here! As for Boozer-well what has been said is nothing but the truth. Just another spoiled primma-donna that is way overpaid for what you get back in return. Get him A.K., Collins, Knight, Miles,and "ALL" draft picks out of here. Trades, free agents and last years bench warmers ala Koufus, Fess, Price ect can and will change the mentality and performance of this team!

• re:blind fans
    June 3, 2009 8:33 a.m.

I don't agree Utah will be a lottery team without boozer, because Williams is too good to let that happen, but at the same time I do agree that everyone that wants Boozer gone are in for a rude awakening when Utah doesn't have a go-to-guy or post up player with his same abilities. Utah will not get even close to fair value if they do a sign & trade.

• Sum Whan
    June 3, 2009 8:20 a.m.

Who is this paid whiner who calls himself a journalist? Find a real story instead of re-hashing emotions buddy. Jazz have some hard decisions to make...good thing you don't, you couldn't pass the muster.

Reality lesson
    Boozer was injured skiing, driving a golf cart, or snowboarding...not likely. He got hurt playing b-ball. Trainers say he is hurt, coach says he is hurt...whining fans and journalists say feed him to the lions or get out, make him play. We know better than the people hired to look after that stuff... you are not really hurt. Play and make us happy for our entertainment.

Boozer is a thoroughbred, not some 1/4 horse you drag out of the barn when you need an extra plow horse or something for the kids to ride. He is used to special treatment. Live with it.

If you are going to quit your season tickets over re-signing him I say hurry up we need you less than we need Boozer.

We need more throughbreds to compete at NBA levels in order to do that fans and journalists are going to have to overcome their small minds.

• Robinson
    June 3, 2009 8:11 a.m.

Must be a slow news day at DesNews. Robinson's article is NOT news it is a malicious and personal attack on Boozer. I hope Carlos comes back and NEVER gives DNews or Robinson an interview again.

Doug, the article is juvenile and you are better than this.

• JF
    June 3, 2009 8:04 a.m.

Yes this article describes Boozer but if we have to many of theses articles, other teams might have second thoughts about wanting this looser. Keep it quiet and them after he is gone, them write about the truth.

• CougarKeith
    June 3, 2009 8:04 a.m.

I agree, this was a great article and very TRUE! Boozer is Boozed up and on a high for cash!!! That is what he wants, CASH, Cash, Cash! I remember the News "Special" the Jazz and their Cars, who had the best collection, Take A Guess??? You got it, BOOZER!!! He is a MATERIAL GUY!!! I think he wants a fleet of Hummers! I got news for you my friend, GM is selling Hummer to a Chinese group in China! Guys like this are not worth it. Yeah, he made the all-star team last year, but big deal! I hope he enjoys Detroit, New Jersey or Toronto. I highly doubt we will get Bosh out of the deal, but it sure would be nice!

• Cowboy Joe
    June 3, 2009 7:55 a.m.

Newflash to Dixie Dan I will give you 15million reasons to play in small market Utah that wins more than loses. Will you take it? of course so will anybody else.

• Blind Fans
    June 3, 2009 7:51 a.m.

Lets sum up what losing Carlos Boozer does for the Jazz. LOTTERY.

I hope all of these fans, and apparently columnists, will be happy to slap down their hard earned money to watch a team destined for the lottery next year. You all say that you would rather watch a player with far less talent (Millsap), than a guy who has had injuries but when healthy is one of the best offensive players in the league. When the time comes to put your money where your mouth is, I have a feeling you will all be back on these boards complaining about spending money on a team that isn't winning games.

Millsap is a role player, best suited for coming off the bench. When he had his time to start, he wore down physically and mentally after 20 games. Expand that to 82 games, playing continually against #1's, not #2's, and his energy and hustle won't be nearly as productive.

You say "Buyer Beware," I say be careful what you wish for.

• Dixie Dan
    June 3, 2009 7:25 a.m.

Here's a news flash to Jazz fans: free agents do not beat a path to play in Utah. While there are better free agents, none want to play in a small market town like Salt Lake. Boozer is the only free agent out there who actually enjoys playing in Utah. Be thankful for what you have.

• Bye, bye, Booooooozer
    June 3, 2009 7:25 a.m.

The Jazz don't need a 20/10 man as much as they need a leader with fight, passion, and shows it on the court with tough defense. Let Boozer go and everyone on the team will do better just like they did when he was watching the games from the stands for free.

• Let him go!!!
    June 3, 2009 7:21 a.m.

Even if Milsap ends up not being as good as Boozer, you still get more out of Milsap for the money, you can afford to keep Milsap, Korver, and Okur, and you'll still have money left over to upgrade later on.

Let Booooooozer go.

• westg323
    June 3, 2009 7:10 a.m.

Jazz are lucky to have Boozer. This is all part of the free agency game that is played..rumors and more rumors...statements of loyalty ...statements of interest in the open market.Would we get someone of equivalent talent to replace him?

• falcon's beak
    June 3, 2009 7:00 a.m.

Get over it the NBA is a business.

• lMark
    June 3, 2009 6:52 a.m.

They say that insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Larry was the first to pay Boozer large amounts of money. Anyone else doing the same thing and expecting a different result, is medically looney.

However, everyone needs to stop talking about Boozer this way or no one will take him off our hands. We all must start thinking like Boozer and act like we are in sales.....think of it as trying to off load a 74 Ford Pinto.....focus on the good parts, not the bad.

Boozer is a smart player. He is a 20/10 guy. He plays defense (ok this is just marketing hype no actual promise implied or intended). He has a great mid-range shot. He can drive to the basket (or the bank when he is injured) with the best of them.

• frank day
    June 3, 2009 6:36 a.m.

Great sports journalism doug...this should have been
    written long ago!!!!! Tell it like he is....a greedy
    guy with no real team spirit. However, please do not
    discourage any team that would get him out of town.

• STUPID article
    June 3, 2009 6:31 a.m.

Look, I have as many doubts as about Boozer as the next guy, but NO ONE can blame him for the move from Cleveland. They released him early, they lost him, their fault.

• JazzSpazz
    June 3, 2009 6:28 a.m.

Couldn't agree more with everything said about Boozer, but have you got to put this in print now? Are you TRYING to screw up any potential deals we might get for the guy?

• Jazz in Nowhere
    June 3, 2009 5:37 a.m.

Expiration date? Robinson, you summed it all up in those two words! Let somebody else feed and walk that tea cup poodle for a while!

• james nicholson
    June 3, 2009 5:23 a.m.

If boozer is back I will not be.

• refreshing
    June 3, 2009 5:00 a.m.

Its refreshing to see an honest article on this Boozer thing. Most of the media, especially 1320 kfan which is owned by the millers, continues to spin this boozer thing as an overreaction by the fans and I am tired of hearing them tell me what I should think. Boozer is a lazy, selfish, injury-prone, chemistry disrupting, stat hound with no heart or desire to win. I don't even care if we win a few less games next year, but I need change. I've seen this song and dance, and I don't like it. If boozer is back, I will call that same day and cancel my season tickets even with the 10% non-refundable portion.

• Mike fromk Fl
    June 3, 2009 4:59 a.m.

Get rid of Booz and if possible Kir and Korv. They are not winning players. Need a Bosch, bigman and a shooter. Korv unreliable

• doc
    June 3, 2009 4:22 a.m.

Right on!! I am just hoping the Jazz can manipulate this situation to bring in a player that will make the ball club a legitimate contender in the Western Conference like Chris Bosh; it would be a dream come true.

• BrendonGunn
    June 3, 2009 2:23 a.m.

Oh, The Boozer woes continue. Those of you who think we are going to be trading Boozer for Chris Bosch keep dreaming. O'Connor historically does about whatever is worst case scenario for the Jazz. Watch- Boozer opts out and RESIGNS with the Jazz. All these other offers are just smoke, but when it clears, believe me... nobody wants this guy, except for... and pardon my criticism, O'Connor and Williams. Buckle up and get ready for 2005-2009 part 2.

• Me
    June 3, 2009 2:12 a.m.

Wow. Watching Deseret News sportswriters take apart one of the best players on the Jazz is giving me a greater understanding of how the Salem Witch trials worked. Sport and history, two for the price of one!

• JM
    June 3, 2009 1:15 a.m.

You seen to forget that Detroit has been one of the most successful basketball teams over the past 7 years. Utah has zero championships and never will while Detroit had to sacrfice one bad year to get way under the cap and have positioned themselves nicely as many free agents in 2010 maybe getting traded if their current team believes they will get nothin in return for them after 2010. Milslip has no offense game he's like playing 4 on 5 come on and Okur plays no defense and is obsessed with the 3 ball, yeah so GO Jazz

• Matt
    June 3, 2009 12:45 a.m.

Best written article about Boozer I've read yet. Sums up the way I've been feeling the last 2 seasons about him as he rides the bench and collects his check. Mercenary for hire, I love it.

• Perfect Ending
    June 3, 2009 12:30 a.m.

Doug Robinson has summed up Carlos Boozer's Jazz career perfectly! Enjoy Detroit and its thriving population, Carlos!

• Joe Moe