Utah

Teen soils self after deputy surprises him

Comments

• Jemebrneo
    April 26, 2009 2:58 p.m.

LOL The cop should have put him in a cell with his crap pants on overnight.

• Olander
    April 24, 2009 4:58 p.m.

I thought maybe I would talk to the police about a "cork program." I wonder if it could of helped in this case?

• Doodles
    April 23, 2009 12:11 p.m.

If he was old enough to be scared at the appearance of an officer, then he was old enough to know that he was deliberatly breaking the law. He may not be old enough to understand all the consequences for his choices, but most adults do not understand that either.

Why do we insist that teenagers cannot be held responsible for their choices, but we let them drive on public streets. These young men should have the opportunity to learn honesty the hard way as they are not quite bright enough to learn it the easy way.

• John
    April 23, 2009 10:01 a.m.

His Mom must be so proud! I'm not sure what's worse; having a Son who is a burgler, or having a Son who Stinks at being a burgler?

• Great Story
    April 23, 2009 6:18 a.m.

If that kid hasn't learned his lesson, he never will.

• JCH
    April 22, 2009 5:58 p.m.

Car Thief: "Urban Mobile Community Organizer"...............ACORN and ACLU lawyer on the way!

• STEVE-O
    April 22, 2009 4:11 p.m.

What's the big Stink....... Oh.... right!

• Code brown II
    April 22, 2009 3:47 p.m.

I just wondered if the kid(burglar) was still stressed and having problems. Oh well, I think the thread will probably end soon.

• John
    April 22, 2009 1:09 p.m.

Kids from GOOD homes are influenced by kids who have no supervision. When parents are not allowed to discipline their kids without the government interfering and when kids are allowed to make their own decisions from birth without parental interference what can you expect? People who think Utah is the only state with this problem, have their head in the sand. When God is left out of everything, the devil takes control. Wake up America!!! Lets take out Country back.

• Note to self
    April 22, 2009 12:47 p.m.

1)Case the neighborhood
    2)Get supplies together
    3)Develop an alibi
    4)Know where the cops live
    5)Drop a deuce BEFORE heading out to work for the evening.

• Code Brown
    April 22, 2009 12:15 p.m.

I wish that all burglars were scared enough that they defecated in their pants. Then we could smell them coming. It would have been an unpleasant experience for the police who had to make the arrest and anyone who was in a holding cell with the burglar. Perhaps his fright will make him feel more sorry for his act along with the blow out.

• THX1138
    April 22, 2009 11:35 a.m.

RE: Bob @ 7:20

They come from good homes, bad homes, educated and uneducated. My wife busted shoplifters that ranged from a homeless guy stealing baby formula to feed his kid to an admirals wife for stealing shoes and many other types in between including doctors, lawyers teachers and my favorite the adult probation officer.

It really is kids will be kids because kids just do stupid things. It is the catching him after he crapped his pants that made it funny and there fore "news" worthy.

• Not in MY car!
    April 22, 2009 11:29 a.m.

I hope the off-duty officer called for backup, so that the perp could sit in the back of someone else's car.

• David - UK
    April 22, 2009 10:29 a.m.

Buglarize? When did everything become acceptable to put 'ize' on the end of something and call it a verb? Don't you mean 'steal'? Maybe it's just because I'm British haha.

Also - well done to the police for detaining the kid - maybe teach him a lesson that crime isn't victimless and that even if he thought it was just childish foolery it's certainly not smart.

• Holy Mole, Blastman!
    April 22, 2009 9:56 a.m.

Christian Bale has signed to the play the role of the kid as super hero: Blastman.

Robin Williams is set to play his arch-nemesis Mr. Charmin.

• Law and Odor
    April 22, 2009 9:46 a.m.

This kid may have been saved from a life of crime by an irritable bowel.

I would not have wanted to be that policeman who had to pat him down before putting him under arrest or the jailer who had to account for his personal belongings as he was being booked.

The kid was charged with two misdemeanours: carrying loaded pants without a permit and discharging a bum within the city limits.

• CB
    April 22, 2009 9:23 a.m.

Being a retired police officer - if I got a dime for every time this happened when I came upon a burglary or car theft perp - I'd be wealthy.

• Life imitates...Jokes?
    April 22, 2009 8:36 a.m.

Did this policeman happen to look like a bear?

• Eric
    April 22, 2009 8:31 a.m.

Imagine sitting in the jail cell, waiting for a judge (the next day), while you have pants full of poopy... HAha

• Poopie
    April 22, 2009 8:10 a.m.

it was quiet as can be, and I heard frrrrbsppslsshlshlslshshrrrt

• FannieJumbo from Phx
    April 22, 2009 8:06 a.m.

RE: JamesT While growing up I never did this type of "right of passage." I did get caught stealing from the local Sears when I was 6, but my mom took care of that "problem." Guess what? I NEVER did it again. Would have been an ez case for the K-9. Way to go Mr. Policeman!

• Zed
    April 22, 2009 8:05 a.m.

NEW! Pampers for Pillagers.

• Sooooo...
    April 22, 2009 7:23 a.m.

How about an update? Was there underage drinking going on at the house? Did the police even investigate that? Or were they just interested in the poopy pants bandit?

• David
    April 22, 2009 7:00 a.m.

Are they going to charge the Police with excessive force...LOL

• Stinky Winky
    April 22, 2009 5:39 a.m.

This story is a bunch of crap

• Anonymous
    April 22, 2009 5:32 a.m.

Forget Colace or Exlax...try Cops! That's right...Cops! Cops works instantly providing the relief you need. Cops is safe too. Side effects are minor and include incarceration, an appearance before a Judge and even a free ride in a squad car. Dial 911 for Cops today.

• Bill
    April 22, 2009 4:54 a.m.

Boxers or Briefs? Depends :)

• Anonymous
    April 22, 2009 4:26 a.m.

Police were looking for car theives, but they had nothing to go on... And neither did the car theives.

:-)

• @ Chad
    April 22, 2009 3:07 a.m.

LOL too funny! stop it your killing me!

• jerky
    April 22, 2009 2:36 a.m.

I fought the law, and the law made me crap my pants.

• Locked and Loaded
    April 21, 2009 10:51 p.m.

I've been trying to come up with something poignant and witty to close out the comments on this story, but after having been up since 3:30 this morning, well, frankly, I'm pooped.

• shecky
    April 21, 2009 10:16 p.m.

Incontinence seminar on Thursday. Be there or be square.

• Emerson the Great
    April 21, 2009 10:05 p.m.

I imagine the kid ran so fast he left skid marks.

• bill
    April 21, 2009 9:52 p.m.

he won't be getting any "street cred" with that move!

• sid
    April 21, 2009 9:26 p.m.

what's the latest poop on this story?

• Lucy
    April 21, 2009 8:58 p.m.

I had a bad day...but not THAT bad. Too funny.

• Anonymous
    April 21, 2009 8:43 p.m.

I'd enter my own comment but I can't stop laughing!

• BenFan4Life!
    April 21, 2009 8:41 p.m.

Seriously?!? They put BEN on this story? What a waste...

• cluelessinky
    April 21, 2009 7:39 p.m.

This reminds me of Bill Cosby's joke aboout being scared witless - "First you say it, then you do it"

• Re: Don't aim
    April 21, 2009 7:24 p.m.

That was classic! Too funny!

• CA Observer
    April 21, 2009 7:22 p.m.

The cops this kid on the runs....

• Amy
    April 21, 2009 7:19 p.m.

I bet his parents are liberals...

• Pat
    April 21, 2009 7:12 p.m.

Just... awesome. Best news story I've read all year.

• Mocha
    April 21, 2009 7:07 p.m.

I heard the officer just followed the skid marks....

• Phillip
    April 21, 2009 7:04 p.m.

Yet another case of parents neglecting their toilet training responsibilities.

• beagal
    April 21, 2009 6:55 p.m.

How long before this is on Jay Leno's "Headlines"?

• Don't aim that thing at me!
    April 21, 2009 6:10 p.m.

Well, this incident should preclude the kid from any future military service. Out on a secret mission, he gets nervous and blows the cover.

• Sponge Pants, No Job
    April 21, 2009 6:04 p.m.

The kid has been asked to star in the new Burger King commercial.

• Phillip
    April 21, 2009 6:03 p.m.

Uhh . . . Public Enemy Number 2?

• Gone With the Wind II
    April 21, 2009 6:01 p.m.

I understand Michael Moore has purchased the movie rights; Perez Hilton has signed on for the starring role.

"Gosh, it's almost like I have a twin. For me it will be like shooting a documentary of my entire life."

• bvp
    April 21, 2009 2:32 p.m.

he should have made the Fudge Report- dah dum dum...

• Random
    April 21, 2009 1:33 p.m.

Well, what can you say? Poop happens...

• Paul
    April 21, 2009 1:29 p.m.

Some lawyer will sue the PD for causing the kid to crap his pants...

• The_Observer
    April 21, 2009 1:21 p.m.

Night-vision goggles and didn't spot the policeman? Messing his pants when caught? Methinks he wasn't ready for crime-time!

• Re:re:TMINOT
    April 21, 2009 1:09 p.m.

You had to look up scatological?... Incontinence was one I had to look up. Nice word.

• sitting down
    April 21, 2009 12:26 p.m.

I know of someone this happened to. The police made him "sit in it" for hours waiting on his dad to bail him out. They brought the guy clean pants or/ and diapers for presents on his birthday for a few yrs.
    And- he never stole again.

• Idahoan
    April 21, 2009 11:55 a.m.

Anyone else notice the part about him going to a friend's house where there's a party going on at 1 in the morning? Hello parents, do you know where your kids are?

• Robby
    April 21, 2009 11:46 a.m.

His name and picture should be all over the news.

• re: TMINOT
    April 21, 2009 11:45 a.m.

Funniest comment on here. I had to look up that word myself. Thanks for making my day.

• Re: Justice | 8:35 a.m.
    April 21, 2009 11:32 a.m.

"I think that if someone commits a crime like this, if the public can hear about what happened, then they should also know who committed the crime. Who cares if he is a juvenile? Let people know who he is, what he looks like, so we can keep an eye on him near our belongings. Stop coddling criminals."

Why do you need to know who he is? You'll certainly smell him coming!

• Johnny Reb
    April 21, 2009 11:21 a.m.

What is this kid's name? Anybody know? It wasn't in the article. I say make the kid walk around in ONLY a diaper for the next two years.

• Dane
    April 21, 2009 11:21 a.m.

I don't care who you are, this is funny. If anything it gave my whole office a good laugh on a pretty slow Tuesday morning.

• Tarantula
    April 21, 2009 11:15 a.m.

...as it should be...

• bad dad
    April 21, 2009 11:03 a.m.

You have the right to remain Silent But Deadly.

• jmr
    April 21, 2009 11:01 a.m.

Here is your next stupid lawsuit that we will have to pay for. This kids parents will cry about how much emotional 'STRAIN' this kid was under that he lost eSTRAINt of his bowels. It's really funny maybe this kid will remember this the next time he thinks about stealing a car, or hopefully his friends will remind him of the STINK he made from his last attempt. If his parents were any kind of people they would keep his undershorts as a friendly reminder.

• haha
    April 21, 2009 10:56 a.m.

Surely you people must have had childhoods and can remember breaking a law or two?
    But Breaking into cars, i think is a little more hardcore than say....stealing a playboy, and as such maybe should not be written off as "oh boys will be boys."
    Let the punishment fit the crime, make them repay any damage done by making them get a job, community service, and spend a few days in a real prison....to let them know where they can end up.
    Just a thought.
    PS. yes having a burgular crap his pants when caught "brown handed" is very funny and I'm glad i herd about it.

• Great article
    April 21, 2009 10:52 a.m.

Let's hope he's learned a lesson by all this.....

• anonymous
    April 21, 2009 10:51 a.m.

I think the "Only in Utah" comment referred to the journalistic use of the phrase "messed his pants" rather than the actual event itself.

• Dee J
    April 21, 2009 10:46 a.m.

Isn't Centerville also the home of the Carl's Jr. toilet shooter? It's turning out to be a banner year for Centerville. Keep this up and you might get your own series on FX...

• Joe Moe
    April 21, 2009 10:43 a.m.

I had to shake my head at the article, but the comments are downright HILARIOUS! Wit is alive and well and Utah.

• TMINOT
    April 21, 2009 10:41 a.m.

That's a word one doesn't hear every day.... Scatological, what a wonderful word opportunity. Nice "warm" story. Made me feel.... Excuse me for a moment.

• One_American
    April 21, 2009 10:36 a.m.

Instant justice.

I like that.

• Linda
    April 21, 2009 10:35 a.m.

Good job, I suspect the police were able to track this boy by the little road apples he left on the ground as he was running through the neighborhood. Give him a fine, and make his community service cleaning the public toilets in the local parks. His "friends" and school chums will give him punishment that will last a lifetime. Imagine calling mom & dad and saying by the way please bring me a clean set of spankies.
    Oh yes Jame T, I was a teen and we did stupid things, but we never stole someones car or possessions.

• sallie
    April 21, 2009 10:28 a.m.

KARMA WORKS...ALL THE TIME....

HE'LL BE

" MR. POOTIE TOOTIE " FOR LIFE!!!

• Come On.........
    April 21, 2009 10:14 a.m.

I really didn't need to know all the details.....wow!!!! Seriously, just report on the crime not all the "messy" details......these kids don't need all that reported.

• Scott K. in El Paso
    April 21, 2009 10:11 a.m.

i love hearing about criminals being caught.

• lug-nut
    April 21, 2009 10:07 a.m.

I blame this 0-conomy.

• Phillip
    April 21, 2009 10:05 a.m.

". . . We're gonna need back-up here. We have a Code Brown."

• lol
    April 21, 2009 10:00 a.m.

Talk about your bad luck.

• Steve
    April 21, 2009 9:59 a.m.

Cops asked the kid if he wanted to change pants now or later...kid said "depends".

• Phillip
    April 21, 2009 9:58 a.m.

To those who are whining about why this story was even reported, realize that now those who read this may realize that they too may "push a crayon" in mid-crime, and it may too make national headlines. It would give me second thoughts.

• Michael
    April 21, 2009 9:55 a.m.

This could only happen in Utah....or California, Oklahoma, New York, Alabama..........

• A. Nony Mous
    April 21, 2009 9:43 a.m.

Hahahahahaha... (repeat ad nauseum)

• WEW
    April 21, 2009 9:42 a.m.

This is better than the 'Trunk Monkey' for anti car theft!

• Running On Empty
    April 21, 2009 9:36 a.m.

I think the value of this story is deterrence. Other teens will know there could be a police officer in any car you try to burglarize. You could be embarrassed for the rest of your life by some dumb thing that you do when you're 16. Life is long, think ahead kids.

• Sheltiman
    April 21, 2009 9:36 a.m.

Now if I had a cop sitting in my car all night maybe I wouldn't have had three cars stolen when I lived in D.C. Either that or we make sure we lock up people that can't seem to follow the rules.

• Ken
    April 21, 2009 9:26 a.m.

It was all Bush's fault.

• axxis
    April 21, 2009 9:22 a.m.

Don't you mean "Doo doo run run" ????

• This is funny
    April 21, 2009 9:22 a.m.

Re: Bob at 7:20 Either you are not a parent of teenagers or your living with your head in a bucket. You should be careful what you say it may come back to bite you. Lots of kids from good homes make stupid mistakes. When you're 16 your peers have a lot more influence on you than your parents. This story is great and it's nice to see these kids get caught and humiliated. Hopefully they will be embarrassed enough by this incident that they will learn their lesson and wise up. And to the moron that says "no one in Utah has a sense of humor" I was laughing so hard I about fell out of my chair and I am a Utah native and LDS. Hurray for this cop and the Centerville police, they may just have done the thing that will turn these kids around.

• anon
    April 21, 2009 9:18 a.m.

this story really stinks.

• Bunky
    April 21, 2009 9:18 a.m.

These kids will be the butt of many jokes around school.

• Mike
    April 21, 2009 9:16 a.m.

yeah, he's going to have a nickname now that he will never get rid of

• JW Morrison
    April 21, 2009 9:10 a.m.

The kid will be famous. He made the Drudge Report.

• Will S
    April 21, 2009 9:03 a.m.

I'm sure the boys and their parents want to donwplay this. I'm also sure that the boy who messed himself will be reminded by his peers of this long after the rest of us have moved on with our lives. Karma works - sometimes.

• Carlo
    April 21, 2009 9:01 a.m.

Reminds me of the chorus to an old 60s song, "doo run run, da doo run runnnn"

He will forever be known as the doodoo burglar.

• Why I hate people
    April 21, 2009 9:00 a.m.

For all of the people who say "boys will be boys" and to back off on them. YOU are the reason I hate people. YOU are the reason these boys are stealing. I was a teen boy and I never stole or broke into cars and came from a broken family but a "good" home. Or as good as it could have been. So instead of the parents holding the sign...why dont YOU go out their with them and hold the sign. Since YOU seem to think this is ok then why dont YOU go to jail for them instead of the boys. Which of course will never happen because they wont get jail time becuase people like YOU wont allow that to happen. YOU are ruining our country and I want you gone.

• wow
    April 21, 2009 8:55 a.m.

The "only in Utah" comment is classic patonization designed to cover up personal intolerance. There are many things that happen in Utah and elsewhere if you merely open your eyes and drop your predjudice long enough to see. Humans are human - everywhere.

• Re: STAN
    April 21, 2009 8:38 a.m.

and he'll never live that one down. He will be remembered for all time how he was so scared of the cops that he dropped off a load by surprise. I wonder if they hosed him off at the detention center. I imagine it something like in the first rambo. I hope so. How humiliating and it sounds like the kid needed something like that.

• Watt
    April 21, 2009 8:36 a.m.

Best. Story. Ever.

• Justice
    April 21, 2009 8:35 a.m.

• re: Alex Moon
    April 21, 2009 8:27 a.m.

The kid might not have messed his pants if he were tazed?
    Apparently you haven't heard a large number of police officers who volunteer to be tazed wear rubber undies just in case.

• Greg
    April 21, 2009 8:18 a.m.

It has been fascinating to read the comments that are so varied and polemic in nature. Perhaps there should be a prize offered for the one who can guess the liberal or conservative viewpoint. Naw....too easy.That kinda contest wouldn't pass the smell test.

• James T
    April 21, 2009 8:17 a.m.

The Bros were just havin them some fun.

Chill People. You were a teen once. We all do this kinda stuff. It's our right of passage. Just Chill and be cool wit it !!

• STAN
    April 21, 2009 8:11 a.m.

Big deal. Nothing's gonna' happen to him. With our super-sized, liberal, turnstyle justice system he'll receive a slap on the wrist, a talking to from a judge, an apology from Obama and a year of probation.

• rminva
    April 21, 2009 8:11 a.m.

That article gave me a good laugh!!

I love how people brush off illegal activity by saying "boys will be boys." Good home or not, their actions have consequences: one of the possible consequences of breaking the law is getting arrested. Clearly, something that they were not yet aware of, or completely chose to ignore.

• Larry
    April 21, 2009 7:59 a.m.

"Detectives were trying to determine if the teens were involved in a rash" - Yes, a diaper rash.

• Alex Moon
    April 21, 2009 7:58 a.m.

Cop should have "tased" the teenaged perp when the door opened. No harm done, and the kid might not have messed his skivvies. I liked the public bamboo bit, as well as the corner sign holding .. but, one or both parents should be required to be there as well.

• David
    April 21, 2009 7:58 a.m.

Glad there weren't any fans around.

• Hojo
    April 21, 2009 7:30 a.m.

The police are trained at handling messy situations like this one :)

Throw them in jail for a little while so they can learn a lesson and grow up to be good responsible adults.

• Bob
    April 21, 2009 7:20 a.m.

No, car theives do no come from good homes. America is so twisted.

Somewhere, during his upbringing, he got the message that he could do whatever he wanted.

Look around at Wal-Mart for 5 minutes with your eyes open, and you'll see what I mean.

Kids from good homes dont run from police.

• TDub
    April 21, 2009 5:51 a.m.

This story sounds like what happened in Lehi on Saturday night as I was wrapping up for the night at 11 p.m. I heard a noise in my carport and opened the back door to find two young men crouched behind my van. I yelled at them and they ran into the street where an SUV was waiting for them. I called 911 and gave the officer a description of the car, including the license plate. When he came back after following up on my explanation, he said they had stopped a vehicle on Main Street which matched the description and it was a group of kids playing hide and go seek. I suggested that it might not be so much fun if someone with a gun had caught them. Fun can be had in better ways.

• Very Funny
    April 21, 2009 4:41 a.m.

I hope the kids thinks twice next time. His friends will not forget it for sure for a long time. The person who says boys will be boys probably did some theft when he was that age and turned his life around. The ones who took cheap shots at Utah are not very well read. Such stories happen nationwide, not just Utah.

• Mom's advise?
    April 21, 2009 2:31 a.m.

Well I guess your mom telling you to always wear clean underwear doesn't really work if you..um...soil them. Seriously though, his friends know who he is and I'm sure they won't let him forget about this. Hopefully this is a very good lesson learned!

• not from Utah
    April 21, 2009 1:52 a.m.

I have family there and read to keep up. I think the story is hilarious. Kudos for printing it all. Crime doesn't pay...no, crime stinks!!

And for those of you who think this kind of thing only happens in Utah or would be written up in Utah, try reading New York, Dutch or German news!!!

• Best Story Ever
    April 21, 2009 1:05 a.m.

This has been the best story from DesNews. The headline alone made my day. Please give us more stories like this!

Also I want to know who the kid was, so I can find him on facebook and totally make fun of him on his wall!

• Boys will be boys...
    April 20, 2009 5:12 p.m.

They may have come from good homes, and maybe the parents are doing everything they can think of to guide these boys in the right direction. But to suggest that this be left up to the parents? This isn't a victimless crime that won't cost something to others, this is a serious crime that older people go to jail for. Toilet-papering, doorbell-ditching, and other things like that you leave up to the parents - to a point... but not this.

• Boys will be boys?!
    April 20, 2009 4:41 p.m.

"Boys will be boys?!" Wow.

If breaking into cars and stealing other people's stuff is just a normal and accepted part of boyhood, then I guess I missed out in my youth.

Who would say something like that? I guess this person wouldn't mind then if I asked my 4 sons to help themselves to any personal belongs in his (or her) cars and house then. If they get away with it, then cool, we could use a new flat screen TV.

And if they get caught, well, boys will be boys so we'll just let these "good homes" deal with it, because these "good homes" produced such good boys to begin with.

Funny story though. Not only would most people consider this news, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes national news and perhaps Leno as well.

And what's with the anti-Utah cheap shots?

Tell us what state you are from and I bet I can find stories just as ludicrous about your home state as well, so why not give the hate a rest?

• Party Pooper
    April 20, 2009 4:24 p.m.

I can guess that the reputation that he gets at school is not one that he wants or that will go away soon. I can hear them talking now at his 25 year class reunion. "Hey remember the time... lol. "Oh yeah, I remember you now, Aren't you the one that ... lol.

• To TMI
    April 20, 2009 4:13 p.m.

Ditto. You're absolutely right. This reporter was just looking to poke fun at an otherwise serious criminal situation. I guess he's bored with his job. Time to move on.

• Mug Shots
    April 20, 2009 4:11 p.m.

We don't need names. Mug shots will do just fine.

• Funny
    April 20, 2009 3:30 p.m.

The comments on this site are proof that no one in Utah has a sense of humor.

• Fast
    April 20, 2009 3:16 p.m.

Now that's fast police response time.

• TMI
    April 20, 2009 3:15 p.m.

Isn't this too much information? Why is the focus on the story scatalogical? I know you're reporting on crime, but is it really importance to know that a criminal or potential criminal had a bowel movement? Did he pick his nose as well? Are there journalistic standards anymore?

• utmntgrl
    April 20, 2009 2:37 p.m.

To Anonymous: I hope you were being funny. Letting the parents deal with it is what got the cars broken into in the first place. Parents are off the radar in this case or the boys wouldn't have come up with the idea of such recreation in the first place, or had a party of their peers to run to in the second place. Wake up! They need to stay in Farmington Bay for a long time until they realize that messing in one's pants isn't the worse to come from getting caught!!

• Anonymous
    April 20, 2009 2:19 p.m.

Boys wll be boys,
    They come from good homes , let their parents deal with this.

• THEeyepatch
    April 20, 2009 12:47 p.m.

To bad they cannot release their names or a e-mail address.

• Great Story
    April 20, 2009 12:19 p.m.

This is so funny! To So Utah: you're right. No where else but in Utah can a person mess their pants.

• deltabelle
    April 20, 2009 12:18 p.m.

I'm only sorry they are juveniles and we can't know their names.

• Re: So Utah
    April 20, 2009 12:16 p.m.

Actually, comments like that only happen in Utah.

• Depends on the situation
    April 20, 2009 11:53 a.m.

Faced with certain capture, the teen did the only scatological thing he could do - he got a case of the runs.

The police charged him with attempted burglary and aggravated incontinence.

• Anonymous
    April 20, 2009 11:26 a.m.

news or not, its funny! good job, Ben

• So Utah
    April 20, 2009 11:10 a.m.

That only happens in Utah.

• Public humiliation
    April 20, 2009 11:08 a.m.

If its my child, public humiliation will stop em by using the oriental punishment of bamboo em on the street so he won't do it again. Or we can have walk and do worst than that. Same at the kids writing on the walls. Have him stand on the corner of downtown with a signs say "I am a thief" for six months bet he wont do it again.

• really?
    April 20, 2009 11:01 a.m.

this is news?