Sports

Utah Jazz: Okur likely won't play in playoff opener

Comments

• todd to hugh
    April 19, 2009 10:20 a.m.

i am being respectful, see me in about 6 hours. Magnus my man is keeping a low profile until after today. Likely smart. Believe me, I would like for once to not be negative, I would prefer not to be. Circumstances and recent play forced me to be. If Dallas, Chicago, Houston win on road, why not us? I know it is the LAKERS. Pardon me "Fakers"

• Hugh G. Hater to Todd
    April 19, 2009 8:13 a.m.

Don't fall for the Sloan lover's tricks.
    Don't lower yourself.

• TODD TO mailman and hugh
    April 19, 2009 12:38 a.m.

when should i break my goodie goodie posture? i will go with your decision boss...

• todd to rvalens2
    April 19, 2009 12:35 a.m.

it is called sarcastic, sharp tongued attempt at humor, then again you could have my alternative but then we all know what that would be DO NOT TEMPT ME...I PROMISED TO BE GOOD -FOR NOW....

• the Mailman
    April 18, 2009 11:28 p.m.

@ Hugh G Hater

I concur wholeheartedly my good man..

Im sure your like me and hoping you are proven wrong
    in the coming weeks but it aint much likely.

I am staying postive until this thing is done so all i can say is...

D'oh!!!

• Hugh G. Hater
    April 18, 2009 11:01 p.m.

HEY SLOAN LOVERS!
    WHERE ARE YOU?

Let's get this straight: Koufus rots on the bench
    while Collins bumbles around and has two games where he scores more than 5 points.

Now Collins starts because . . . Koufus doesn't have the experience. Hmmm. Nice one Jerry.

The Jazz will NEVER, repeat NEVER be an elite team with Sloan. Two hall of famers got him close, but it isn't the '90s anymore . . .

• SoCal Jazz Fan
    April 18, 2009 10:08 p.m.

The Jazz are killing us fans- especially down here in LaLa land. The local media here are already talking about the 2nd round. A sweep is a foregone conclusion in their minds. I hope the Lickers overlook the Jazz. If so, the Jazz might win one. Save Okur for game 3.

What an unbelievably disappointing season.

• rvalens2
    April 18, 2009 9:24 p.m.

Is it just me ... or do Todd's comments seem to be disjointed and ill conceived? For example:

///did you guys know (i wish) that "big T" Thurl Bailey (another topic i will get into next week but grinding my teeth and smiling and even saying to myself sloan is the best)is working with Collins on the "jump hook".///

Huh? The above paragraph just leaves me scratching my head. Can anybody translate?

• re: Brock
    April 18, 2009 8:59 p.m.

You don't know much about Sloan, do you?

• I`d rather have Collins
    April 18, 2009 8:59 p.m.

than miles,at least Collins gives an honest effort

• Bill Dalew
    April 18, 2009 8:47 p.m.

No, Koufos most certainly can't be the spark. He could do a couple good things, but he hasn't played in the NBA for a while now. Neither Fes, nor Kosta will play much. Collins will start, Fes or Kosta will play a tiny bit, and Millsap and Booze will get the majority of the minutes together. That being said, the Jazz have absolutely no shot without Memo playing... and playing well. Unless..... Williams plays out of his frieking mind and the Lakers have a bad shooting night. I'll be praying for that tonight.

• todd to brock
    April 18, 2009 7:52 p.m.

i pray you are right..."to we need mcdeyss" remember he will be 35 years old next season. He is a team player but has he done anything this season? I do not know not sarcastic i really have not followed those losers. By the way I guess we should be grateful. People talk about our management, but then you have maybe the worst coach in the league "curry" and an arrogant gm "Dumars" they got smoked today., guys they STINK.....Hamilton is among the best players but would you not rather have Prince? Rip is not that young either.

• brock
    April 18, 2009 7:45 p.m.

Now, now. Lets not overreact. Sloan may start Collins, but I think Koufos will see his fair share of action, and he and Frensenko will probably get more action than Collins.

Could Koufos be the Spark??

• todd from santa ana
    April 18, 2009 7:35 p.m.

(conclusion) sorry about 1st story punctuation-concluding this, scribes thought Carlos told Jerry he was concerned Kos would start. The feeling is Boozy would not have enough oppotunities with Kos getting rebounds and scoring chances to yell enough "and one and Iv'e got it". When Jazz play at home it has been reported, that Booz voice on this shrieks carry all the way to Provo.

• We need McDyess
    April 18, 2009 7:32 p.m.

Okay, try this... We know Detroit would like Boozer. What if they sign McDyess for a few mil and we trade Booz and CJ for Hamilton and McDyess??? Hamilton actually tries and can make shots (an upgrade from CJ) and McDyess will give you 15 sweet backup minutes a night, meaning no dropoff with Milsap not being on the bench. Detroit is rebuilding, but would they be willing to lose a guy like Hamilton? Man that would be a strong starting 5 (DWill, Memo, Hamilton, Milsap, Brewer).

• todd from santa ana
    April 18, 2009 7:18 p.m.

did you guys know (i wish) that "big T" Thurl Bailey (another topic i will get into next week but grinding my teeth and smiling and even saying to myself sloan is the best)is working with Collins on the "jump hook". Jazz family members predicted this new move should allow Collins to score in double figures...

• todd from santa ana
    April 18, 2009 7:15 p.m.

unbelievable..What did i tell you...Because a couple of me contacted me and asked me politely if I "would restrain from the negative thoughts", I elected to honor this until after this series. However, it is grinding my teeth, continuing to smile, and take a deep inhale....I will make it, not easily but I will hold out...

• JazzSpazz
    April 18, 2009 7:04 p.m.

Collins? Collins?? Really Sloan, really? Man, that just makes me want to swear.

• Houdini
    April 18, 2009 6:03 p.m.

great news...miles is back,we lose for sure

• magnum
    April 18, 2009 4:38 p.m.

The "fat lady sings" tomorrow in LA....

• Minerman
    April 18, 2009 3:47 p.m.

Done in four? Please. Jazz are winning this series in six! ok...probably not. But I'm a true Jazz fan. When the Jazz play well together, they're as good as anyone. I'm not writing them off yet! LA is looking past us. Win or lose, we're gonna make it a tough series (unless Charmin, I mean Boozer, plays. Then we're in trouble. lol). GO JAZZ!!! And GO UTES!!!

• Doesn't matter
    April 18, 2009 2:23 p.m.

They're done in four anyway.

• It's all over
    April 18, 2009 2:06 p.m.

Not just Okur has to play but also he has to play good for Jazz to have any chance of winning a game against Lakers. Probably Salon doesnt have any choice but start Collins. They need a big body to slow their big men Gasol and Bunyum. Boozer and Milsap are too small for them. Good luck Jazz!!!

• Sloan-I'll Start Collins
    April 18, 2009 1:27 p.m.

Now you pro-Sloan addicts can get your fill of this OLD coach. He's gone senile, without a doubt. Collins can't score, rebound, or block a shot, and is slower than the second coming of you know who, and he is going to start him? All the more reason for Greg to bag this man. Just plain get him right to (you know where again) out of here now, right after this fiasco is over.