Sports

Utah Ute gymnasts advance, but just barely

Comments

• Georgia Tech Fan
    April 18, 2009 11:59 a.m.

The Gym Dogs are the only UGA squad I root for. They are awesome. Way better than UGA's pathetic football team. The Utes are pretty dang good as well.

• go tide!
    April 17, 2009 6:26 p.m.

let's make up for that embarassing loss to utah in the sugar bowl.

• Good Luck Tonight
    April 17, 2009 3:54 p.m.

We are watching it on the internet here in Atlanta. I wish we could have made the trip to Omaha.

Go Dawgs!

• RED ROCKS
    April 17, 2009 1:29 p.m.

Concerning Jamie Deetscreet, my comment on April 12th..."I get tired of these old records coming up just before nationals. I don't know who brings it to the girls attention, but if it is Greg or other Utah staff members, you think they would learn their lesson...last year it was Ashley and Ashley fell, if Jamie falls this year, then the Ute staff or (media?) will have to take the blame for 2nd place again."
    Well, Jamie fell, and the Utes were given a big dose of humble pie...2nd place was looking pretty good last night... when they thought they were done.
    It's time for Utah and the fans to forget all those past great years (most fans weren't even around during the glory days) and start celebrating the great athletes we have at the U.
    This team has a ton of talent and tonight they will forget everything in the past and give it their best again. They will do what they have dreamed of and win 1st place not because of the past, but because they are now ready to fight for whats theirs.
    Good luck Utes and lets get ready to party!

• Anonymous
    April 17, 2009 1:26 p.m.

WOW, people acutaly care about this?

• what a year
    April 17, 2009 12:17 p.m.

What a great year the school is having. Good luck to the Gymanastics team to continue what has been just an incredible year for the school. Congrats on what you have done so far this year and good luck finishing strong!!!!

• jann
    April 17, 2009 12:05 p.m.

I'm a former utahn who now lives in nebr and will be in lincoln cheering on my red rocks.

• Go Utes
    April 17, 2009 10:29 a.m.

Go Utes! Tonight you will come on strong and beat Georgia and the rest of the teams. You are the best. You deserve to win. I wish you the very best. Go Utes!

• Go Red Rocks...
    April 17, 2009 10:27 a.m.

Bring it home!!!!!

• Ute lover in the SEC
    April 17, 2009 8:59 a.m.

Come on Utes-you can do it!!!!

• Only the SEC
    April 17, 2009 8:16 a.m.

We've already proved it in football - It's ONLY the SEC.

• STICK IT!
    April 17, 2009 7:34 a.m.

Stick it to the SEC!!! I am here in Lincoln to watch the Red Rocks. Very emotional last night but they are going to be confident, steady and strong as they bring the championship back home to UTAH. Go RED ROCKS!

• Jambo
    April 17, 2009 7:23 a.m.

Utes rock the house. Rock ON!