TLC's Duggars: First grandchild is on the way

Comments

• Jeanette
    Oct. 6, 2009 1:40 p.m.

I think the Duggars are great!! More power to them!! Any family that can raise that many kids and not mooch off the system like most of the illegals do have my vote!! They don't ask for any help, and you'll never see them in the welfare line like a lot of people (whom ARE able to work). As far as the History channel the Duggars ARE making history!! And just open your eyes and you can learn alot just from watching them on tv. Just don't knock anyones beliefs about haveing so many kids if you're not the one raising them.

• Deborah
    Sept. 29, 2009 10:17 a.m.

The kids are like little robots who spout off what Mom and Dad tell them. I can't believe anyone would want to watch such drival when you can really learn something from The Science Channel or History Channel. The world record for number of children born by one woman is 69. Seems like the reproducing fools called the Duggars have a long way to go to top that record.

• Anonymous
    June 24, 2009 10:40 a.m.

band them from tlc we do not want to see them who careas if they have all those kids

• Anonymous
    June 24, 2009 10:38 a.m.

i thin john and kate plus eight should be cancelled and so should the duggers who wants to see all of this make her get hwe tubes tired ahe has enough kids

• Ashley
    June 15, 2009 12:25 p.m.

WOW, they start early...don't they want to see what life is like outside of the "Duggar" world? I mean..she is so young and already pregnant. There is so much more for her out there than to just be barefoot in the kitchen.

• H HODGE
    May 26, 2009 6:23 p.m.

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE DUGGARS. THEY HAVE DONE A WONDERFUL JOB RAISING ALL THEIR KIDS. I AM ALWAYS IN AWE ON ALL THEIR EPISODES. ALL THEIR KIDS ARE SO RESPECTFUL AND OBEDIENT. THE GOSSLINS SHOULD LEARN FROM THE DUGGARS. ALSO HUSBAND AND WIFE SEEM TO HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR EACH OTHER, EVEN AFTER 18 KIDS. WHAT IS THE INCOME FOR THIS REALITY SHOW? WHAT IS THE INCOME FOR JOSH AND ANNA NOW THAT THEY HAVE MARRIED?

• Gertrudes
    May 2, 2009 4:57 p.m.

I admire each member of the Duggar's family. Bob and Michelle obviously deeply love and respect each other, and they are humble and live by their means that they have avoided incurring any debts. They have no airs despite being blessed with so much, and are not ashamed to admit that they buy from thrift shops.

Their children are articulate, sensible (much more than many people, adults included), are caring and well-rounded (the Duggar's boys and girls can wash, cook, clean the house, change car tires and oil, etc.), and are so resourceful that whatever they cannot find in the thrift shops that are needed, they sew or make them.

They all love the Lord, and have godly virtues. What more can you ask from a family? I bet not many families, even with only one or two kids, can do as much good as the Duggar's are doing. Those smaller families cannot even raise their kids the proper way - yet they are usually the bickerers and finger pointers.

The Duggar's show is very inspiring, for they are truly role models.

• schmo
    April 15, 2009 3:52 p.m.

They can pay for their kids because they have NO DEBT OF ANY KIND. Zero, zilch....No mortgage, cars, credit cards...how can that be..here America??
    Also, they have no TV and they have small children that are very articulate. More so than some of the adults I heard in gospel doctrine this past Sunday.

• Utah
    April 14, 2009 11:30 p.m.

I think it's great to have a big family, my husband's grandmother had 17 kids herself and
    my mother-in-law was the oldest, so it makes my
    husband to be the oldest grandchild of around 80 or so, with just as many great-grandkids not to far
    behind now, catching up. This year the family is
    planning to have a BIG 4th of July family reunion
    this year, and there will be alot of family there.

Congrats Josh and Anna! And to the whole Duggar Family.

• Seattleview
    April 14, 2009 9:47 p.m.

I am sure they are great people but I hardly want to know each time they or their children have a new baby.

• Baby news?
    April 14, 2009 11:20 a.m.

Good for them. A lot of people are having kids. Maybe I'll have one too and get my picture in the Des. Why is this news?

• Family Friend
    April 14, 2009 11:09 a.m.

Personally know Jim Bob and Michelle and they are some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. They live very well in a beautiful home in Springdale on Jim Bob's earnings as a real estate agent as well as royalties from their various TLC shows over the past few years. He also served at least one term in the Arkansas State Senate a few years ago.

Each of their children are polite, well educated (home schooled), well dressed, and absolutely normal. They are children anyone would be proud of and certainly not in any way brainwashed.

Jim Bob and Michelle are phenomenally well organized and well grounded in their faith. Although many outsiders believe that they must be either LDS or Catholic-they are neither-but members of a small Baptist-based Bible Church.

Great people of great faith who are not the uneducated hillbillies that many people assume they are.

Congrats Josh and Anna!

Steve

• Grandkid for Duggars
    April 14, 2009 11:05 a.m.

The Duggar family is very spiritual and very frugal. Of course, it takes alot of money to feed and clothe all of them, but shopping sales and Goodwill does wonders. They also own everything and are not in debt. Hmmm. Lessons to learn.

Congrats to Anna and Josh.

• Congrats
    April 14, 2009 11:04 a.m.

Congrats to Anna and Josh. Children are wonderful. Challenging, but wonderful.

• Hatuletoh
    April 14, 2009 10:38 a.m.

I've never seen the TV show. Are these people able to pay for all of their kids?

• Anonymous
    April 14, 2009 10:35 a.m.

"We have committed leaving that area up to God as far as our family size," he said.

So they will have like 20-30 kids as well. haha. I hope that's because they want to not because he was brain washed.