Scott D. Pierce: Can this Utahn survive?

Comments

• Frank Duty
    Feb. 14, 2009 7:31 p.m.

Just finished watching the first episode of Survivor 17. I've watched every season and am a huge fan. After watching him shed his clothes, as a Church member, I was shocked by Tyson's revelation that he was LDS...and when I read his bio on the Survivor site, I was very surprised to learn that he is a returned missionary! How sad that he has chosen to represent this Church like this. Let's hope he doesn't last long. Get him out of there, Jeff!

• me
    Feb. 14, 2009 1:20 p.m.

I think it is disgusting, what is he trying to prove.......that he has brass ones !!!
    me

• Tyson Apostate
    Feb. 14, 2009 8:39 a.m.

Way to represent the church well. You sure showed the world what modesty is. BRAVO!!!

• misrepresntation
    Feb. 13, 2009 12:41 p.m.

I hope he gets voted off soon. We don't need any more representatives like that.

• rattler
    Feb. 13, 2009 9:11 a.m.

Wow. He's not representing very well, is he? I'm a returned missionary, currently active member who has been applying for Survivor since season three and one of my goals is to represent the church well. I hope I get a chance to counter this guy's representation.

• Typical Utah Mormon...
    Feb. 13, 2009 8:35 a.m.

He is a returned missionary? What would Jesus do?

• buzzy
    Feb. 12, 2009 1:44 p.m.

How can you not be supportive of a contestant who touts the purchase of a 'man-tiara' with his winnings. I think we're dealing with survivor royalty here. I've never watched an episode of survivor, but you can bet that I'll be watching it now. As for the free-spirited nature of this atypical mormon........I'd suspect that alot more mormons can relate to it than you might think! Oh my heck!

• Oremite
    Feb. 12, 2009 1:36 p.m.

I think Tyson and his antics will let the world know that high quality comedy can come out of happy valley (no matter what it is rated).

• Dizzle
    Feb. 12, 2009 12:40 p.m.

People take reality tv so serious, I am sure it is for the sake of the viewers, and should make this season fun to watch! My vote goes to Tyson!

• Heavy
    Feb. 12, 2009 11:52 a.m.

I love this kid.. You can see in clips that he is being funny.. And this makes me laugh..

• Survivor Fan
    Feb. 12, 2009 9:36 a.m.

I think all of these situations are staged! Tyson and Erin will probably get married in an upcoming episode. Personally, I can't wait to see him naked!

• Inthused Reader
    Feb. 12, 2009 8:22 a.m.

It says Tyson likes to make people laugh in the times like those... or something to that affect... don't you think he's joking when he says everything else? I think mostly everything we'll see him say is to be funny. Some people will think it's funny, and some people will think it's offensive because they don't know he's being a smart Alick.