Utah

90% of Utahns like how Huntsman does job

Comments

• Ex-patriate Utahn
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:50 p.m.

If I was living in Utah, I would be among the 10%.

• R.I.N.O.
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:31 p.m.

I hope he is not the future of the Republican party. I am happy to be a part of the 10% who dissaprove!

• To all.....
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:30 p.m.

Only positive comments allowed.

• Kyle
    Jan. 26, 2009 9:46 p.m.

Yeah folks, lay off the Governor. He never did a darn thing to hurt any of you.

• ME
    Jan. 26, 2009 7:56 p.m.

Huntsman is a very good man and is doing a fine job. Everyone who doesn't like him, you try taking his place. You try having to cope with all the stress and trying to please everyone. Listen to all the negative things you are saying about him. Imagine if someone was saying that about you! Get a grip, things are the way they are and we need to learn to cope with them. He is doing his best, and if you think that you can do better, why don't you all run for governor and see how hard it is. I am not saying I know how hard, but it sure can't be easy. And it doesn't help if people from your own state are always ragging on you.

• RE: taxes
    Jan. 26, 2009 7:41 p.m.

I hear you. My husband and I are paying about $700.00 more in state taxes and we didn't make that much more this year. I would love an explanation on how this tax system is better for the majority, as it was touted to be.

• Canadiandy
    Jan. 26, 2009 6:56 p.m.

Great job Mr. Huntsman. Integrity and ethics win out in the end regardless of party or position.

Congrats.

• Anonymous
    Jan. 26, 2009 5:57 p.m.

Oh, governor Huntsman is such a wonderful man.

• PuZzLeD????
    Jan. 26, 2009 5:10 p.m.

The time period of these posts looks very confusing. Where are all the posters in between if there is 90% approval? KSL said 90% favor Gov- Huntsman from DESERET NEWS? I'm not reading this in the posts here or anywhere else on the net?

• Ivan Gylling
    Jan. 26, 2009 4:55 p.m.

Huntsman's problem is that he worships money and respects god!

• Digbads
    Jan. 26, 2009 4:38 p.m.

"living in Sandy" you are a troll hiding behind anonymity to slander a good man.

Obviously the election results show that the vast majority of Utahns disagree with you.

• Um, 90%????
    Jan. 26, 2009 4:17 p.m.

I don't see 90 people on here. something fishy going on.

• skeptical
    Jan. 26, 2009 4:06 p.m.

I read a story last week about a survey by Dan Jones and Associates where they interviewed 400 people and were representing it as the entire state's opinion. I'm not feeling very confident with these findings.

• jenny
    Jan. 26, 2009 3:55 p.m.

good job of propoganda, how many folks were asked to participate in the polls and how many were rejected to suit the number claims. Give us a break - Utahns are not that stupid or are they?

• childish and Pompous
    Jan. 26, 2009 2:17 p.m.

I'm in no way impressed by this man. Very immature.

• nat turner
    Jan. 26, 2009 12:36 p.m.

This rich kid couldn't carry Brack Lee's lunch .

• C.W.
    Jan. 26, 2009 11:58 a.m.

Another invalid survey by Dan Jones, what else is new? Last week he claimed that Utahns wanted their taxes raised.

You don't have to be living in Tahiti, to know there is absolutely NO VALIDITY to inflated numbers like that, even if you do like the Guv.

Notice how these news reports never tell us how the questions were worded. Maybe they asked respondents if they'd rather have him or a deceased guv. and based on the responses, they deduced that 90% MUST LIKE him!

• Livin in Sandy Cont.
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:29 a.m.

Said we must inspect all bridges even though only one bridge in Utah was of the design that failed in Minnesota. No mind the state already has a regular bridge inspection program. Wasteful and dumb!

Is not a conservative Republican, but something much closer to a moderate democrat. That's why he could not support Mitt Romney. In the end the Democrats put up an old dumb guy that gets around on a trycycle as his opponent! What they were really saying is "Huntsman is the best democratic governor the state has had in 50 years. We love him. He is one of us!

Asked Utahns to disobey state law and ban fireworks state wide (2007), rather than working to change the state's fireworks law that says "No government may restrict fireworks beyond what is provided by state law".

• Livin in Sandy
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:25 a.m.

This Governor has been a disaster.

He wants liquor by the drink? A disaster.

Supported an unfit candidate for state treasurer.

Stole from Salt Lake County to fund his wife's friend's stadium.

Stole zoning rights from communities in Salt Lake county.

Thought public school superindands should run the state's higher education

Supported school vouchers and cost the state millions in fighting for it.

Held a special session of th legislature and bowed to Washington's demands that we re-district PRIOR to consideration for a 4th house seat. Wasting over $10,000 for nothing.

Said the solution to high gas prices was to go out and check all the pumps at gas stations to see if they were accurate.

• RE
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:15 a.m.

I bet 90% don't believe his stance on global warming and his partnership with the governor of California

Most people couldn't tell you one thing Governor Huntsman has done since he has been in office.

One thing that frustrates me is I can no longer do business with the state on Friday's now. And we just heard that this move has not saved the state any money at all.

• 90%?
    Jan. 26, 2009 10:00 a.m.

Was the poll taken on BYU campus? I think Huntsman is doing an average job and would say I most likely approve but I don't think 90% of Utahns think this way. Oh well, I think it will go down quite a bit once the budget cuts happen. I still can't believe Utah is cutting education. We have the poorest funded schools and we are going to wrong way. How can we improve education if we can't keep teachers in Utah. The best teachers go out of state. Anyways, Make us proud Huntsman, Save our budget then maybe you could get a 90%.

• IM
    Jan. 26, 2009 9:59 a.m.

Re: Who says this?

You are spewing out accusations about immigration that I don't think you're prepared to back up? I'd love to hear your explanation.

Importing illegals to illegally educate other illegals? What a mouthful - please justify those comments.

• Anyone..
    Jan. 26, 2009 9:52 a.m.

who flies under the radar can get a good rating,let him stand up for something and then let's see how good he is. On a side note: the salaries of his executive staff are WAY above what former governors paid their staff...where's all that money coming from in these difficult economic times? Do your homework on the issues and you'll see he's NOT as great as the people who take part in the polls say he is, he's someone's pawn says and does what he's told to do and say.

• Taxes
    Jan. 26, 2009 9:02 a.m.

Those 90% who approve of the Guv probably haven't done their 2008 State Tax work yet. Perhaps the poll should be taken after they've all tried to figure out the logic that increased their taxes this year.

• liberal larry
    Jan. 26, 2009 8:56 a.m.

Governor Huntsman is doing an excellent job. I wouldn't have any trouble voting for him against a less qualified demo. I saw him give a little speech for the opening of the Sundance Film Festival and I was proud that we have such an impressive person as our leader. It was probably a shock to some of the liberal, eastern, movie crowd, to see that Utah has such a "with it" gov.

• in a sorry State
    Jan. 26, 2009 8:45 a.m.

Excuse me! ..."The new survey conducted by Dan Jones & Associates finds that 64 percent of Utahns approve of the job the state's 104 part-time lawmakers are doing.

There must be some error. How can a bunch of self serving maniacs manage to garner a 64% rating? I suspect that Dan Jones only polled the members of the Senate and House.

• Kit
    Jan. 26, 2009 8:07 a.m.

While there are some things I don't agree with I know I couldn't do a better job. Good for him for loosening the liquor laws. Let the people choose. The only thing i'm weary of this session is that while I'm a HUGE supporter of equal rights in regards to jobs, rent, treatment etc. I believe adoption rights for homosexuals are going to be hidden in the bills being passed this session. I hope congress is alert for this. They didn't give up their right to be treated as humans and all laws tp protect that should be in place but in the choice to live a homosexual lifestyle the choice to not have children has already been made.

• Alone with Alone
    Jan. 26, 2009 7:36 a.m.

No one asked me. He looks good but what has he really done? You won't get a yes vote here.

• BH
    Jan. 26, 2009 7:11 a.m.

Well, that's a relief. I also approve of the dynamic leadership of the guv.

But to read the comments on the posts here on the DMN, you would think his approval to be much, much lower. I guess this tells us something about the typical person who posts comments here . . .

• Alone
    Jan. 26, 2009 6:29 a.m.

I guess am feeling alone. I struggle with our gov. As I look at the budget short fall we are now facing, I look back at the massive spending increases that have taken place since he has been in office. You can't keep spending at those levels and not end up in trouble.

• Actually
    Jan. 26, 2009 6:17 a.m.

If you subtract all the Republican legislators who don't like Huntsman, his rating is probably 95%.

• Who says this?
    Jan. 26, 2009 3:51 a.m.

How are these numbers acquired and where do they come from? Even the sheeple don't think he is doing a good job. A state that raises and educates its children to good little sheep and obey the herder are vastly misinformed and under the control of lies and deceit. Huntsman is not a leader, he is a puppet to business and outside influence of money. Money is his god and he is getting plenty of it. He is a traitor to america and the ideals of our constitution and its laws. A man that openly and publicly gives aid and support to illegal foreign nationals. And he even imports his own illegals to educate illegals illegally in our schools and take jobs away from american citizens in order to aid and abet his illegal family of mexican supporters. He ignores the voice of americans calling us racist and discriminators becasue he refuses to abide by the laws of our constitution, state and federal. Before he can claim to have the support of citizens, he must prove he supports our nations laws and not the greed of his business partners.