Sports

Utah Jazz: Boozer says knee 'feels great now,' but no return set

Comments

• Who keeps an employee like this?
    Dec. 16, 2008 6:26 p.m.

Boozer has missed 114 games during his time with the Jazz or 1/3 of the games he is supposed to have played in. (And of course he was still PAID for all of those missed games!) If I only showed up for work 2/3's of the days I was supposed to be there I sure wouldn't be picking up a paycheck. I would be FIRED! The Jazz need to trade him now and get someone useful for our team. Get Milsap a good backup or something, we need a team player.

• MADRYBEG
    Dec. 16, 2008 3:26 p.m.

Re: magnus

I love your glass is half-full mentality. You are right. The Jazz are better with Boozer. In the short run I want Boozer back and I want to see what the Jazz are capable of doing when he and the rest of the players are healthy.

In the long run Boozer will go for greener (money) pastures. For him, it may not be so much about a chance for the ring, but the money. That is his business. For me, the long run is that the Jazz need to re-sign Millsap as their PF for years to come. The team needs to be built around Williams and Millsap is a GREAT piece to that puzzle.

Keep the comments coming and go JAZZ!

• utahjazz1
    Dec. 16, 2008 3:22 p.m.

for all those who want to trade boozer, we were 8-4 with boozer starting and millsap off the bench. now when boozer is out and millsap starts, we are 7-7. now millsap is a great player, but what matters is how many wins in the win column, not points. but right now millsap is not getting the w's we need.

• Booz for Vince
    Dec. 16, 2008 1:19 p.m.

The Jazz need to trade Booz, Almond, and Fess for Vince Carter and it works on ESPN trade machine. Booz, Almond, and Fess are all expiring contracts which the Nets want for the year of the Lebron and plus the Nets need a stronger front court. The Jazz in return gets an all-star, more media coverage, a shooter, and a zone killer. Imagine D-Will and Vince in the back court and Ronny, P-Mills, and Okur in the front!!! Thats one awesome team. Kevin do the trade its a perfect fit!!

• magnus
    Dec. 16, 2008 12:57 p.m.

I have been floating ideas for moving Boozer but I think I am going to change my tune. I have always thought that Boozer was a great player who played marginal defense and withought a doubt the Jazz are better with him than without him. So I don't think the Jazz should trade him, or even talk about trading him, right now.

I am actually really exited to see what this Jazz team is like at full strength with a set rotation.

I mean think about it.

Starters:
    Williams
    Brewer
    Miles
    Boozer
    Okur

2nd Unit
    Knight
    Korver
    Harpring
    AK
    Millsap

Miles need to give a more consistent effort but I think he is a great fit on the first unit and AK has been palying great off the bench. Williams is getting back to form, he will be his old self as soon as Boozer is back in the lineup.

I think the 4 man front court rotation of Okur Boozer Millsap and AK is solid and if Boozer will commit to give just a little bit more effort I think they can actually be good defensively.

So, I'm not going to do any more trade talk until Febuary.

• L.A. Jazz Fan
    Dec. 16, 2008 12:55 p.m.

Tim had me confused for a few seconds at the start of this article; it is now Tuesday morning in L.A. In the Mountain Time Zone it is early afternoon as I write this comment. Here is what Tim wrote to start this article...

BOSTON "He (Boozer) rode a bike while the Jazz held their shootaround Tuesday morning, and he didn't play when they lost 100-91 (to?) the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night."

Is it Groundhog Day? Are the Jazz going to play Boston again tonight? That would be three games in three nights (they play NJ Wednesday). I think that's against NBA rules. And is tonight's game fixed? (Tim already knows the outcome of the game on Tuesday morning/afternoon).

Anyways, it would be great to see Boozer play for the team soon. This is such a strange set of circumstances. Because of the contract situation (Boozer having the option to get out of it) it feels as though he's just sitting out indefinitely. Does anyone know if another player has suffered a similar injury or the same one? And how long did it take for them to return? Just curious.

Go Jazz!!! And the daily calendar!!!

• Jeff
    Dec. 16, 2008 12:43 p.m.

Can we trade Boozer for Phoenix's trainer?

• Anonymous
    Dec. 16, 2008 12:36 p.m.

haha brad miller is hurt more than booz!!! but i agree get rid of harpering he is the worst player on the jazz roster

• Please!
    Dec. 16, 2008 12:09 p.m.

Trade him!!!! Send Booze and Harp to Miami for Marion and change or send Booze and Collins to Sacramnto for Brad Miller & M Moore. Either way everybody gets what they want!! Win Win type of stuff!!

• by booz!
    Dec. 16, 2008 11:53 a.m.

we wont see boozer in a jazz jersey again!!!

• Anonymous
    Dec. 16, 2008 11:13 a.m.

want the Jazz to be healthy again we need to fire briggs and get a trainer who can do their job. Briggs cant get these guys healthy the only thing he seems capable of doing is spraying a can on things and watching his gut get bigger. Get a trainer who can get our guys on the court.

• STEVE-O
    Dec. 16, 2008 11:02 a.m.

Didn't you all listen to Boozer!! It doesn't matter how long he sits out because when he comes back the Jazz are going to "Run away" with the Division. He'll just sit out as long as he wants but when he comes back the Jazz are going to "be a beast!"
    Boozer is overly confident and always content with how things are going. That's why he's reached his peak and will never get better. It's sad for a guy that could dominate if he only had a little more drive!

• Boozer Is Corrupt
    Dec. 16, 2008 10:42 a.m.

He has corrupted D-Will ever since day one. This crap about D-Will and me was bad to begin with. This is no ones team, its everyones team. When he does return all your going to see is the same old two man game, high pick and roll, after high pick and roll. Another thing is how often do you see skinny players excell in this league? A few sure but its really about strength, agilty and heart. We have too many skinny wanna-bees, A.K., C.J., Brewer, Korver ect. Couple that with heartless big guys and you have what we got, a soft team. There are only 3 players with any heart on this team- Harpring, Milsap and D-Will.

• Booz
    Dec. 16, 2008 10:32 a.m.

Milsap is proving he's just as good at Boozer. No lies, hard work, and less tattoos.

• did anyone see the injury
    Dec. 16, 2008 10:19 a.m.

I am suprised he didnt tear an ACL. It is a strained tendon people. Of course Boozer is going to down play it. That is one thing he needs to do is quite saying "every thing is ok, my knee feels great". Behind the scenes he probably has a tough time with it. I would rather he wait til he is as close to 100% than play hurt like D Will and let Rondo wipe the floor with him. Once they both get healthy watch out Western Conference!

• Good Riddance!
    Dec. 16, 2008 9:46 a.m.

I can't wait to see Boozer in another team's uniform. If a knee is feeling great, you should play. That's what professionals do, Carlos! Hopefully the Jazz will get rid of him before the end of the season, then they will have a real shot at making a playoff run.

• Millsap's new backup
    Dec. 16, 2008 9:21 a.m.

When Boozer finally does return, Sloan should make him back up Millsap. That would be AWESOME. :)

• Milsap's a stud
    Dec. 16, 2008 9:19 a.m.

Actually, Carlos is killing us in two ways. First by being out and hurting the Jazz' front court depth. Second, by allowing Milsap more time to post 12 consecutive double doubles. Wouldn't you want to be Paul's agent right now! Milsap's price tag is going up the longer Carlos is out. Thanks Carlos! I think I will follow your example and call in sick for work today!!

• bb fan
    Dec. 16, 2008 9:09 a.m.

Can anyone help me here? Since Boozer's arrival in Utah, does anyone know the number of potential games he could have played, versus the number he has actually played? Just wondering.

• Spiff
    Dec. 16, 2008 8:39 a.m.

I'll take Milsap over Boozer any day. Gone are the iron man days of Stockton and Malone. OUCH! I think I just broke a nail, I think I'll take sick leave the rest of the year.

• fantasy player
    Dec. 16, 2008 8:37 a.m.

He is really killing my stats by being a wimp

• Season Ticket Holder
    Dec. 16, 2008 8:14 a.m.

I find it rather ironic that Paul Pierce injures his knee and says he'll be ready to go for the next game. Then you have Boozer who says his knee feels great, yet he is still sitting out.

• I think that
    Dec. 16, 2008 7:28 a.m.

my knee never was hurt. It feels great, but I figure I'll watch my teammates play and lose without me, so when I get back and we make a huge run I will be rewarded with one huge contract in Miami. I'm not dumb, I'm pretty smart DON'T YOU THINK?

• wimp
    Dec. 16, 2008 7:25 a.m.

This is 3 years ago all over again. you ask me he's trade bait. I'll take Paul and a servicable big to spell him over this injury prone guy who does what us normal people don't do.