Utah

Book aims to aid victims of ritual abuse

Comments

• Gina Jane
    Nov. 22, 2009 11:31 p.m.

My three sisters and I have waited and searched for years to find the other girls who were also molested sexually, and subjected to SRA in Bluffdale, UT. Last week, one of the girls we new in our community found me on Facebook. We are grateful after all these years, to meet and discuss the tragedies so many of us suffered. Although we are no longer little girs- but women in our mid fourties and early fifties, our hearts are now healing. We are validated, and know that we're not crazy. It is a time of closure for us.

• Nichole
    Sept. 21, 2009 5:46 a.m.

Only survivors of SRA know the fear and brokeness you have overcome to be holistically well. Be encouraged your strength is a warm glow that other survivors of SRA can reflect on and look to, as we continue to forgive the perpetrators who wounded us, and turn our hearts toward loving our precious children and husbands. For these people enrich our lives and let us know life has sweetness and a goodness that feeds our aching souls. From a determined girl in Australia. Who is on the road to recovery. Thank you

• Sharon
    June 11, 2009 5:15 p.m.

Eventually, in time, when enough people continue to come forward from all walks of life, the truth will then be known and believed. I am not a survivor but know many survivors of SRA. It happens and continues to happen. It is up to us to begin to heal and continue on that healing path to a place of peace within so that life can be lived out the rest of the way with harmony and love.
    Those who choose not to believe in SRA, I even get why it would be hard for you to believe but I have seen proof on my own of the atrocities placed on these people and the hard work in healing it takes for them to survive every single day.
    To all survivors and their supporters.....I believe you and I believe in you. Hang on to a WORLD THAT HOPEFULLY WILL SOMEDAY WAKE UP AND FACE THE TRUTH AS YOU ALL HAVE HAD TO FACE ALL ALONG.

Love and light to each of you..hang tough..you can do this.

• sister
    May 6, 2009 4:42 p.m.

Anne,

THANK YOU.
    Thank you so much for you example. There are many of us who need the light you've shared.

Sincerely,
    Your sister in Christ

• Shirley
    Feb. 21, 2009 1:03 p.m.

Thank you, Ann. The publishing of your life story is such an inspiration. Your courage will open many doors.

I am a survivor of SRA. I broke free from the cult/my family of origin 15 years ago. I have never regretted that decision, altho I have had to face many debunkers & disbelievers, and all that goes along with it. Nothing the debunkers & disbelievers say or do can change the Truth. They know it. All their actions/words are based on fear and attempts to trip the old triggers to bring us back in.

Stay strong. There is nothing better than living FREE.

• kelly
    Feb. 16, 2009 3:16 a.m.

Anne - I just came across a reference to your book on survivorship.com and plan on ordering it asap. I, too am an adult survivor of SRA and in the beginning stages of recovery, though I have a strong foundation as a christian. I am also a well respected professional, grandmother of two and homeowner in the 'nice' part of town where all the neighborhood kids flock to. I commend you for your courage, strength, faith and hope shared. Blessings, Kelly

• Max
    Feb. 1, 2009 6:45 a.m.

I am a SRA survivor too. More and more of us are coming forward. They can not stop us any more. They have lost their power and we are gaining ours. This is my first time to speak out publicly. I celebrate all that have chosen this healing path.

• josh
    Jan. 13, 2009 9:19 p.m.

Thanks for your article on this. Ritual abuse is very real and happens a lot.

• lyn~
    Jan. 12, 2009 10:11 p.m.

BLESS YOU for speaking out and demonstrating that it is best to do so. i work with SRA survivors everyday and i love them all deeply. They CAN over come the fear that has ruled their lives for so long AMEN PTL Jesus!~

• Erin
    Jan. 12, 2009 2:58 p.m.

God Bless you Anne, we survivors are with you - survivors of Satanic Ritual Abuse. I will read your book and honor your calling by God to speak out. God has you covered.
    I too survived the hell of Satanic Ritual Abuse as a child with my twin sister. The work I do now for 28 years brings me in contact with many many survivors like you and me. God is opening up the world to save the babies and children and adult survivors. God has a plan.
    I thank the professionals who have the courage to believe and honor victims and speak up and out to the world.
    Wake up good decent people what we survivors say is the Gods Truth. Stop letting the evil people torture and kill and get away with it. Brainwashing keeps good people from uniting and protecting the innocent victims. Believe survivors and support our recovery and healing. PRAY - God Bless you and thank you - a survivor.

• Oklahoma City Survivor -
    Dec. 16, 2008 4:01 p.m.

Have you all read "Case Reports of the Mormon Alliance" Vol 1, 1995 by Signature Books? We wrote our story of Ritual Abuse in our Surrey Hills Ward in the Second half of the book. It was sub-titled "Oklahoma Nightmare".

Also our story and several others are in the book, "Ritual Abuse, Fact or Fantasy" from The Lighthouse in Salt Lake City.

We have spoken at several Sexual Abuse conferences too.

I have finally gotten to the point of peace and calm in my life as I see how effective my personal healing journey has been. I still deal with body pain and emotional bouts of depression but I am able to now go through them with light at the end of the tunnel. I would love to help with a healing conference sometime.

It is true what is happening in these stories as hard as it is to make sense. It is Mind Control in an effective and primitive form. It takes so much courage to heal and document the stories that come up. Thank you for writing this book! Let the healing continue and the truth come out!

Merradyth

• Anonymous
    Dec. 15, 2008 8:13 p.m.

I have known a few people who have claimed to have been the victim of SRA. As they further explored the whens, wheres, and whys they have sunk deeper and deeper into depression, divorced and have become recluses from society. I have never seen anyone "heal" from this. In fact it has been just the opposite. They have been consumed by hate and paranoia. In two cases I know about, the "victim" recanted. But the reputation of the perpetrator had already been ruined.
    I have never heard of a case while it was happening, just 10-20 years later. How is this to be believed?

• Anonymous
    Dec. 13, 2008 3:59 p.m.

I have not read your book but plan to get it. I saw you on Fox News and knew it was no accident. I have a friend that went through childhood satanic ritual abuse. Her story sounds much like yours. She has been looking for professional help to get her past the shock of the recessed memories coming back. Do you know of anyone in Utah? She has had to go out of state and it is very costly. May God bless you for your courage. Shirley

• WHS
    Dec. 13, 2008 10:53 a.m.

As pervasive as this worldwide satanic cult is, I am sad more people do not come forth, especially the parental perpetrators of such ritualistic enslavement. Perhaps if they were promised imminity from legal action more would be willing to expose this generational nightmare.

• Congratulations!
    Dec. 12, 2008 7:03 a.m.

I am grateful Anne has been able to complete this work. She has had a sincere desire to help others and has chosen to take this step.

She treasures her faith yet it has been difficult to expose those who have offended her. I believe she also has a sincere desire to help the offenders.

NLB

• freddie
    Dec. 12, 2008 2:25 a.m.

Oh No, not another so-called Satanic abuse survivor. We in the UK have discredited every one of these and they seem to have gone rather quiet. SRA is a myth that exists only in the minds of fanatics and cranks most of which are born again troublemakers on the make! Books can be so profitable of coures!

• B
    Dec. 11, 2008 8:47 p.m.

What an inspiration you are, Anne! A heartfelt thank you. Books like yours are a breath of fresh air.

• Anne A Johnson Davis
    Dec. 11, 2008 12:35 p.m.

As the author of Hell Minus One I am very pleased to see the comments coming in. To purchase the book and to learn more about me, go to: hellminusone.com

• @To Eliana 11:35 pm
    Dec. 11, 2008 7:41 a.m.

Its not that easy, I have come across someone who had been abused this way and the perpetrators were well known, people that would never be expected to do such thing. They were those with what we perceive as elitist in society with outstanding jobs and community service. So its hard to go and just tell a police officer, not knowing who to believe, especially when you have been threatened with your life.

• Pervasive
    Dec. 11, 2008 6:34 a.m.

I believe this problem to be much more pervasive than anyone wants to admit. I personally know of four people claiming to have been ritually abused. They are all from Utah County and I know them from different sources. We need to expose this and help very frightened people to get out of Satanic Cults. It would have been helpful for DN to have published in a side bar where people can go to get help. I know that there are groups in Utah County that meet quietly to heal from this.

• To Anne
    Dec. 11, 2008 1:21 a.m.

Anne I have read several pages of your book and it is fascinating. Your mix of tragedy and empowerment is riveting. Thanks for your timely message.

• To Eliana
    Dec. 10, 2008 11:35 p.m.

Go get help NOW! don't put up with this kind of insanity. You need to get out NOW! Call the police or something.

• Eliana
    Dec. 10, 2008 11:10 p.m.

These things happened to me too, but for 39 years. I am trying to get out now. These people no longer own me. As long as people characterize these things as "unbelievable" evil people are free to continue their crimes. They know how to act civilized in society so no one would believe what monsters they are at night. I too was told that I would be put away forever or killed for telling, or even for knowing. I stand as a witness now.

• Victor
    Dec. 10, 2008 10:54 p.m.

I have never heard of such things. However, a very interesting story, and kind of scary to think about. Sounds like religion gone very bad.

• Shamai
    Dec. 10, 2008 8:46 p.m.

Anne, thank you for stepping out of the shadows and showing all of us that we can speak out, that the time for speaking out is now. I can't find your book. Would like to buy it. Where do we find it?

• smartnews
    Dec. 10, 2008 8:43 p.m.

Thank you for your courage in printing a story about ritual abuse. It exists all over the world.

• Michael
    Dec. 10, 2008 8:28 p.m.

Congratulations to Anne for her courage in coming forward and speaking about this atrocious crime.