Sports

Utah Jazz: Players have missed 66 man-games

Comments

• Bob W.
    Dec. 5, 2008 9:13 p.m.

Is that the reporters are back to....comparing this years or last years jazz team to the jazz teams of over 6 years or up to ten years ago.....why is it the reporters ALWAYS have to use the past...this is NOW.....NOT THEN get over the past....if the jazz beat the Nuggets 4 years ago why do the reporters still talk about it today???

• I wish
    Dec. 5, 2008 5:05 p.m.

Memo would play some D! (It could get ugly against the Toronto centers) And... not drive the ball in and try to draw a foul. It is scary! He looked BAD against the heat.

Keep up the energy and push the ball tonight with some dunks and they should take the game.

Also, maybe keeping the turnovers around 2-3 in the first quarter would help the jazz from jumping into a big hole in the early stages of the game.

GO JAZZ!!!

• CJ???
    Dec. 5, 2008 4:37 p.m.

This kid is one of the worst rebounders (for his position) in the entire NBA.

He is very athletic which means only one thing--he is soft and won't rebound or mix it up. He like to get easy dunks and/or shoot 3's. He is shooting pretty well but we need some more physical players who are not SCARED of CONTACT.

How many more soft talented athletic players can this team endure?

I won't list all the pansies on this team because I only have so many words remaining. It is easier to just list Millsap and D-Will (and Harpring--who will likely never play again). Most everyone else avoids contact like the plague!!!!

• Bunch of weaklings
    Dec. 5, 2008 4:20 p.m.

Pansies, this is a Man's-Game, some of those guys need to suck it up and play.

Boozer should just go, he's not helping em he's hurting em and he shouldn't be doing it. Trade while you can get something for him, Millsap is already about as good as Boozer.

• I predict
    Dec. 5, 2008 3:27 p.m.

that after the all-star break the wise choices made now during the healing process will be to the Jazz's benefit as othe teams players will start breaking down to the stress. These guys are like thorough breds , something snaps , the science of healing has to be followed!

• Another @Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 3:18 p.m.

Man why are people so high on CJ? I'm sorry, the kid can play, but he's not the second coming. How is thinking that they (Booz and AK) will ever be healthy going out on a limb. They have done pretty well the last few years. Let's not forget that they were in the Western Conference Championship just two years ago. You don't get there without being pretty tough. Oh, and by the way they did that with Miles on the bench getting no minutes. Boozer, AK, Williams, Brewer, Milsap, and Okur all have one thing in common; they are far better than CJ. I like the kid and I hope he continues to play well for the Jazz, but please don't say he's better then the other starters because you just look stupid.

• Bench Okur
    Dec. 5, 2008 3:00 p.m.

Tell he wakes up. Go with a 3 man rotation at the 4 and the 5. Fesenko, Koufos, and Milsap. It's time to clear the panty wastes out of the paint and put them on to the bench.

• BoOoO
    Dec. 5, 2008 2:55 p.m.

Sorry Sokol, Fes was a bust. He hasn't improved at all since he's been with us. Kosta is already better then him and steadily improving. But Kosta wouldn't even be getting much playing time(as he shouldn't)when we get healthy. So why should Fes get any.....?
    Sum UP: Fesenko = Terrible

• Fred Bro.
    Dec. 5, 2008 2:49 p.m.

I can't believe Sloan doesn't play Koufos more he plays better interior defense than Okur and Boozer put together. If these so called allstars are not going to play defense then I would give Fesenko a honest chance as well. Not just a jerk on the dog chain.

• John Wicks
    Dec. 5, 2008 2:30 p.m.

What is wrong worth Okur??? Looks like he's running uphill in sand.

• @Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 2:01 p.m.

Who do you think you are? Do you not have a job? Is that all you do is blog all day? CJ is not very good!

• JAZZ?
    Dec. 5, 2008 1:56 p.m.

Mark my words the Jazz are cursed so long as they keep that stupid name! The name Jazz has nothing to do with Utah! Its a curse!

• Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 1:53 p.m.

Who says I am complaining? I think it's great they are all babies and can't play. CJ is getting lots of time and now everyone can see that his contract is cheap. And to think that Boozer and Ak will ever be healthy is going out on a limb. Okur will always be in and out with his back. Williams will hobble around til February. And yes, Boozer is as soft as butter on defense. Give me a reason to believe otherwise!!

• Sokol
    Dec. 5, 2008 1:50 p.m.

Whatever happened to the 'Ukrainian Chamberlain',
    Fessenko? I am a huge fan of his and feel he is
    neglected.

• Another @Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 1:09 p.m.

Boozer is injury prone, but I think soft as butter is a bit of an overstatement. Also, I think AK has been pretty injury prone as well. If CJ saw the same minutes that those guys do and got the kind of attention from defenses he might be hobbled every now and then too. Stop complaining about the team we have and get behind them. Theyre not playing well now, but as long as they can tread water until AK, Boozer, Korver, Williams and Okur are back/in the flow of the game again theyre going to be fine, with a more experienced bench to help out.

• @ Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 1:04 p.m.

"I least I don't use spell check to do all my writing like you do!!!"

That was overstating the obvious

• bozo
    Dec. 5, 2008 12:25 p.m.

sits the bench for another game come on boozer fans wake up

• Jazzy Jazz
    Dec. 5, 2008 11:42 a.m.

Jazz Jazz Jazzy Jazz Jazzy.

• Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 11:17 a.m.

Actually I made it to the 10th grade before I dropped out. I am sure you can figure out the missing "o" I least I don't use spell check to do all my writing like you do!!!

• Sammy sez
    Dec. 5, 2008 11:14 a.m.

The era has nothing to do with it, thruout NBA history there have always been teams that had injury problems and guys missing games. The difference is, the Jazz were lucky to have two unique guys in Malone and Stockton who avoided serious injury and were still willing to play despite minor aches, bumps and bruises. Malone never had serious injury problems with the Jazz, but his luck ran out his last season when he played for the Lakers. The only time Stockton missed any length of time was the first 18 games of the 97-98 season as he was recovering from off season surgery.

• @MILES
    Dec. 5, 2008 10:54 a.m.

He only shots 50% huh? Did you get past the 3rd grade?

• Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 10:38 a.m.

Miles said after Wednesday's loss to the Heat. "I had three times I had to catch the ball with the buzzer going off and (was) shooting long 3s." And you wonder why he only shots 50%!!!

• Miles
    Dec. 5, 2008 10:30 a.m.

Notice that CJ never misses a game. Well he used to miss them all cause Sloan wouldn't play him!! Jazz Fan: Do you really think Boozer is not the most injury plagued player in the history of the Jazz? He is not tough at all. That flows right over to his mental toughness on defense and in last year's playoffs. He is soft as butter.

• BoOoO
    Dec. 5, 2008 10:16 a.m.

Let's hope AK plays tonight. We could really use his energy back out on the court. Jazz are going to go 2-0 this weekend! I can feel it! ;]

• ncjazzfan
    Dec. 5, 2008 10:03 a.m.

I feel like this injury situation is actually a blessing for the Jazz as this situation provides the Jazz brass a chance to see what they've got to work with. One of the big 4 will have to go at the end of the season. I suspect it may be Okur or Boozer. If Boozer opts out and gets a max deal I suspect the Jazz will let him walk unless they have a better trade option with another player. Koufus looks like he could be a viable replacement for Okur. Not as good with long range shot but better / more active defender and still has offensive skills. Same with Milsap. He also is an adequate replacement for Boozer. Not quite the offensive force but certainly an equal rebounder and better defender. Kirilenko is unique so the Jazz may decide to keep him.........we'll see. It's clear that the Jazz have some players that could each be much better with more playing time. This is actually working out well for them. It even raises potential trade value.

• STEVE-O
    Dec. 5, 2008 9:42 a.m.

@ jazz fan 7:46

Do you think Sloan is satisfied with making the playoffs each year? You think Stockton, Malone, and Horny were happy with their nice long streak of just getting to the playoffs. I'm sure each one of them would tell you otherwise. And as fans we shouldn't expect anything less than Championships!

I agree with you that a lot of these posters probably aren't even really Jazz fans. They just read the article and say the same thing they ALWAYS say. However, I have been a huge Jazz fan my whole life and it is frustrating to watch players get hurt all the time. Some are legit... and others are weak injuries that could be played through.
    Don't you... as a Jazz Fan want a championship, or is making the playoffs enough for you?

• Wilb Breth
    Dec. 5, 2008 8:21 a.m.

Booz will Looz! Jazz will end up with Koofus and Sappy!

• jazz fan
    Dec. 5, 2008 7:46 a.m.

I'm really getting sick of all these fake Jazz fans on here whining about Jazz players. True, they have been playing poorly lately, but so does every team in the league at certain points of the season. The truth is we, as Jazz fans, are spoiled. The Jazz have been very successful for the most part since coming to Utah. No team can brag about the consistency we've had in terms of winning seasons. If the Jazz have a string of losses all I see and hear is how bad Williams, Boozer, Okur, etc. are playing. Give the guys a break. They are trying. Boozer really is hurt and trying to come back when he's ready so he doesn't have long term season injuries. I guantee all these idiots posting comments about Boozer, wouldn't last two minutes on the court because they are weak minded fools that hide behind their computers and point fingers.

• NYJazzfan
    Dec. 5, 2008 7:31 a.m.

The mental toughness of the players today is disturbing. Karl, John, and Horny all played hurt. At this rate, they'll be ninth in the West and miss the playoffs.

• Booz vs. Sap
    Dec. 5, 2008 7:26 a.m.

When Jazz management has to make the call if Carlos opts out at the end of the year, they'd be getting a John Deere tractor in Millsap and letting a Cadillac go (have you noticed how neatly trimmed his goatee always is?). Based on what Sap has done in the absence of the Booz, I'd rather have the tractor than the delicate Caddy.

• Sajac08
    Dec. 5, 2008 7:07 a.m.

Perhaps it's time to replace Jerry with a wet-nurse

• Eddie
    Dec. 5, 2008 6:19 a.m.

When are the Jazz sickies going to run out of sick leave and start taking pay cuts? I doubt that that is in the contract, but I think it would enhance the healing process. In the meantime, bless the bench. They are doing great.

• Roller Mills
    Dec. 5, 2008 12:56 a.m.

Since it is a contract year, Carlos probably won't milk this latest owie for the entire season.