Utah

Put homes in order, LDS told

Pres. Monson says 'this is your building project'

Comments

• England
    Oct. 13, 2008 7:22 a.m.

What a great blessing to have President Monson.

• to julie
    Sept. 22, 2008 12:24 a.m.

Thank you. I appreciate a good level head around here.

• Ruby Garrett
    Sept. 21, 2008 3:51 p.m.

In a time when all around our nation is chaos and we need counsel and instruction, it is helpful and inspiring to be reminded that our homes are the most important things in this world and keeping our families safe in the havens of our homes is still the most important task we have.The home is the basic unit of society and when it fails, nations fail. Our banking system is now failing because someone didn't teach their children basic honesty .
    The ten commandments must be taught at home by loving parents. They don't come from TV sitcoms or video games but by parents who have the spirit to recognize teaching moments.
    May we all heed the words of a living Prophet.

• Shaquelle
    Sept. 21, 2008 10:07 a.m.

Much thanks to Des News for the article. THANK GOD FOR A PROPHET IN THESE LATTER DAYS!!!

• kathyn
    Sept. 20, 2008 10:59 p.m.

Pres. Monson has given excellent advice. Now it's up to us to heed it or not.

• Julie
    Sept. 20, 2008 10:14 p.m.

I am not a member of your faith but it clear to me that anyone that is faithful would benefit from the words and the message of President Monson. Our Lord and Creator doesn't care where you get the message......as long as you get it. Pray for peace, be a good brother or sister to your neighbor, love your children and teach the love of the Great Creator and Saviour. That is the message....No harm done in spreading this word.

• Seattle LDS
    Sept. 20, 2008 6:26 p.m.

Great article. Some say they've heard it all before. As the good book says, "There is no new thing under the sun." What makes it interesting and pertinent is the timing of the counsel.

There are detractors - why they take the time to comment on this blog, I have no idea. They want to argue. Ignore them and you frustrate their purpose.

• A house of order
    Sept. 20, 2008 6:17 p.m.

Soooooooo, Anti, Blah, Blah, Blah,

Having a house of order means, a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of a God. A place where the spirit can dwell. And yes it does mean a home of cleaniness and order, does it mean absolutely immaculate every second of the day, NO, But where there is kaos (in the form of NO ORDER with anything) there is no place for peace and harmony and the spirit to dwell. Through all of History Prophets have encouraged and counciled us to do some very simple basic things that will give us peace, protection and drawing ourselves closer to God. The LDS members are not pushing their believes on you, if you are feeling you are being attacked by what Pres. Monson said maybe, you should look within yourself of why you are feeling that way. When the Pope speaks I certainly don't take it so personal. The Pope asked his people not to give ANY records to the LDS church from their parishes. Should I or anyone else send hate mail NO of course not. Noah didn't ask much either, just to repent and the board the ark.

• LDS
    Sept. 20, 2008 11:41 a.m.

I Love our prophet he is a man of God , he has always been concerned with the "one" he is not worried about is needs he is worried about us !!I have been able to witness his love in a personal way , as his wife was in the hospital he would be in the waiting room shaking hands and extending the love of the lord . Pres Uchdorf

Sept. 19, 2008 10:00 p.m.

It's always good to receive a gentle reminder of good things we should be working on. Thanks President Monson.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 19, 2008 5:11 p.m.

I love this talk, and well if we are told the same things over and over again maybe we are not ready to hear something else!! for thousands of years the Prophets have talked about the same things, but surprise!! we still don't get it!!! So If we want to recive more revelations and New and marvelous things, maybe we should start doing the old same ones.

• wow
    Sept. 19, 2008 4:16 p.m.

I'm sure the moderator will delete this before it goes through, but I have to say it.....

you people take religion and praying way too seriously. God doesn't want to be worshipped. If he did, that would make Him vain. I just can't see that being the case....

no offense intended.

• Mike P.
    Sept. 19, 2008 2:49 p.m.

Mr. Bennett, You do not talk about the reality of our montary policy. It has been a house of cards since it was taken off the gold standard. You cover up the truth and hope that many other people will not see the insanity that now exists. The corruption of many in power who manipulate our system run by private banks who control governments.

Paper money backed by no real assets, always ends up where we are.

• Bobby
    Sept. 19, 2008 2:06 p.m.

Some of you members need to get over the Blah-Blah-Blah person who left a message on this blog. I think you have carried it on way too long, and it is quite stupid and silly. People will always think and do whatever they want, and you are never going to have the power to control or change the thoughts of others. So, get over it, and grow-up!

I agree with CITIZEN-- their are members in the church who are very abusive mentally to those who don't fit within some silly LDS qluick.

• A Citizen
    Sept. 19, 2008 1:15 p.m.

I wish this had come out a week earlier for my neighbor with 3 young kids that just learned her husband wants a divorce. And 10 years earlier for my friend whose daughter suffered horrible abuse at church. Very very sad.

• Steve
    Sept. 19, 2008 1:10 p.m.

It surely makes the Book of Mormon days come true to our day, they said blah, blah, blah when the prophets spoke then and it looks like we are getting the same reaction out of the prophets messages today. Thank our Heavenly Father for a prophet in our day! Pray for the unbelievers and those that persecute you! Remember we are all brothers and sisters and our Father loves each of us, even if we don't have any manners.

• Sandy
    Sept. 19, 2008 11:33 a.m.

President Monson is a pretty nice man. All the modern day prophets are doing what they have been raised to do, and all have seem to be pretty nice people. But the LDS members of the church are pitiful! They as well are arrogant, moody and self-righteous, and no body that I can stand to be around too long.

• 600 lbs gorilla
    Sept. 19, 2008 11:18 a.m.

A house of order includes time for family, for work, for study, for recreation and for self, and "above all, a cashier's check for Christ.

• Whiners
    Sept. 19, 2008 10:32 a.m.

Neurotic people!

• Shan
    Sept. 19, 2008 8:35 a.m.

I cannot understand why people who don't believe the words (and works) of this man (or church) insist on reading articles, watching TV programs etc containing those words . Why not skip this particular article if you don't believe the words? Why put down someone else's beliefs, way of life just because you don't agree?! President Monson brings some very valid (and current) points to light. The world would be a much better place if each of us worried only about putting our own lives and homes in order, not about what someone else is doing, saying, believing...

• John
    Sept. 19, 2008 8:02 a.m.

Nice comments from our Prophet, Jordanite echos my thoughts, Thanks

• Camotim
    Sept. 19, 2008 6:59 a.m.

The Prophet looks more than two decades younger than
    his number of years on this earth. The Prophetic Mantle
    has settled very well on him. But he must have some worry
    as Sister Monson does not look at all well.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 19, 2008 6:39 a.m.

To BLAH BLAH.....its amazing to me that those who need it most never listen or think it ridiculous!.... I truly hope someday you will change your mind...RLeise

• Katherine1966
    Sept. 18, 2008 11:08 p.m.

Blah...what is wrong in your life to make you so miserable? Life is too short. I am sad for you.

• jordanite
    Sept. 18, 2008 8:25 p.m.

Luke 6:27, 28 ... But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

• Cats
    Sept. 18, 2008 4:47 p.m.

As I read this article, I felt the spirit. Thank you, President Monson and thank goodness we have a Prophet.

• Very inspiring...
    Sept. 18, 2008 4:31 p.m.

Wow, right after reading the article, I wanted to post how great it is to continue to be guided by a living prophet. Thank you Pres. Monson for these words. Yes, I've heard it before but I really needed to read it again today.

Thank you for this article. What a great thing to be able to read and post a comment on an article that was written in Utah and I am in American Samoa.

Alofa's to you all.

• Eager Learner
    Sept. 18, 2008 3:10 p.m.

I am not LDS,but it doesn't mean I can't learn a thing or two or three from my LDS neighbors... To the naysayers out there, why do you bother to read what President Monson has to say, then post a negative response? He must have touched a nerve for you to take the time to read and post. If not,just move along and start living your life in a positive manner. Be a blessing to someone...it'll do you good.

• Jake
    Sept. 18, 2008 12:22 p.m.

Amen to what Here's a thought said...

• Shelem
    Sept. 18, 2008 12:12 p.m.

Thank you President Monson for your uplifting words that filled my heart with peace, love and joy.

• To those that question.
    Sept. 18, 2008 3:15 a.m.

I thoroughly enjoyed this talk whether I have heard time and again it is still a needed talk and was obviously given for a reason. Talks about certain subjects have been recycled time and again and for good reason. Instead of harping on the "if", "and", "why" and "but", listen to the spirit and you will understand.

For the few that have questioned the churches involvement in downtown SLC. The church is extremely diversified in its financial portfolio. Because of that diversification the church is able to support the hundreds of buildings being built and maintained each year. It is also what helps put food, shelter and clothing on the backs of millions around the world. Several million spent here and there to make a few million to support the church's causes is a very noble thing

• Walk To The Light
    Sept. 17, 2008 10:35 p.m.

"Sooooooooo... | 8:49 a.m. Sept. 15, 2008
    Does putting your own house in order translate into minding your own business? Get your nose (and religion) out of my life? Sounds like more mormon double talk to me."

Wow, are you ever lost....

You are what the Biblical prophet meant when he talked about people running to and fro in the earth, searching for knowledge but never able to find it.

Good luck, my friend, and I mean that most sincerley.

• Jessica
    Sept. 17, 2008 10:16 p.m.

To some whom have post: I question the downtown project and money being spent myself. It is interesting to read the comments but the project stuck in my mind the most. I truly think the billions would be better served but who am I to question? Otherwise I think the Prophet is spot on in his talk but this is a church and not a business!

• Ann
    Sept. 17, 2008 8:31 p.m.

Very good story. The Prophet speaks the truth from Heavenly Father.

• Sarah
    Sept. 17, 2008 8:20 p.m.

I loved this talk. I don't care if I've heard it before, it's still full of valuable lessons. I love President Monson, and I'm glad that his message is the same as President Hinckley's message was. I love his stories, because no matter how many times I hear the one about the hidden wedges or the one about his children praying, I still find them uplifting.

To Moises: thank you for your sweet, strong testimony. Your English was just fine. Last summer, I had many roommates who were still learning the language, and yours is better than most of theirs was. There was truth and wisdom in your testimony, and I found it very uplifting. I needed that today. Thank you. :)

• Safrans
    Sept. 17, 2008 7:01 p.m.

It has been awhile since I have been to church, but I enjoy being uplifted by the words and direction of the profit. Sometimes the talk isn't for you but someone like me who needs some direction.

• Re: Re: Neanderthal |5:24
    Sept. 17, 2008 6:21 p.m.

Glad I could help. So easy even a caveman can do it! Take care and I'm glad to help.

• Re: Neanderthal
    Sept. 17, 2008 5:24 p.m.

Oh, sorry - my bad - I forgot that once I joined a religion, my objectivity gave way to indoctrination. How silly of me to have a thought on my own. I'm glad, however, that you're added another reasoned post, without assumptions of how I came to my religious convictions. I am truly impressed.

• Hello
    Sept. 17, 2008 4:34 p.m.

This is not news

• This is definitely newsworthy...
    Sept. 17, 2008 2:49 p.m.

I'm very glad to see this in the news. Not because it's all that astounding, but because there's always so much negative published. I'd far rather read a few positive things, whether they pertain to my faith, or my area, than to see the neverending stream of murder, rape, abuse, theft, etc, etc. That's my two cents.

• @bla bla bla
    Sept. 17, 2008 2:00 p.m.

As someone that is a non member that strongly disagrees with the LDS church on social issues let me be the one to tell you to grow-up. There was nothing in this article that warrants the silly attacks you have leveled. I am sure you are a good person and on most issues we would likely agree but your post today are not constructive.

To the rest of the posters please take your prophets counsel and do not let this one silly person turn you sour against your neighbor and in the days to come lets all remember that we can disagree on social issues without becoming small minded and petty.

• Marjory
    Sept. 17, 2008 1:58 p.m.

AMEN, to the wonderful article. We do need reminding now and again, because, perhaps we haven't listen well the first time or did not heed the advice. I am very grateful to have a Prophet of God to do the reminding.
    I admit, I do need it often. God Bless our Dear Prophet.

• Susan
    Sept. 17, 2008 1:54 p.m.

All I ask is as long as I am a law-abiding member of my community you all get your own houses completely in order before you try to dictate what needs to go on in mine.

• Me
    Sept. 17, 2008 1:50 p.m.

What a great message! I too needed this today.

• Just Me
    Sept. 17, 2008 12:16 p.m.

Wow! I don't usually read comments but blah blah caught my attention. I think blah blah is probably reveling in all the traffic his comments generated and maybe even a little ticked off. To blah blah, I wish you the best and hope you will find happiness and peace. To everone else. I think it is awesome that you responded with such testimony. I love the gospel too and am so grateful for a prophet. No matter how crazy this world gets, it is nice to know that if we prepare a house of order, faith, prayer, love, and fasting, we will be blessed and experience safety, happiness, and peace. I loved Pres. Monson's talk and feel so inspired to create this atmosphere in my own home. We aren't always the best at FHE, scripture study, and simply turning off the TV to spend time with our kids. But when we do, it is so rewarding.

• REMEMBER, REMEMBER
    Sept. 17, 2008 11:43 a.m.

"We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet" I love him! I am so thankful for him! No matter how many times I read and re-read these exact same words I am overwhelmed with gratitude as the spirit bears witness to me that this man is indeed a Prophet of God. It gives me the strength, the hope, and the ability to believe that there is a purpose for our lives. There is a purpose for pain, for suffering, for trials and adversity. The best part is knowing that this is available to EVERYONE and that A Loving Heavenly Father allows us to choose for ourselves.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT: Look at how much effort, attention, energy, and time, was spent in responding to BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

• JoeGHurricaneuath
    Sept. 17, 2008 11:30 a.m.

Wars, rumor of wars, stifnecked, evil. Boastfulness, pride, backbiting, contentions. There is so much choas that we can't even think straight. So many decisions. 80% of the largest banks have sold out to the government or closed its doors.
    I need to get my house in order.

• JoeGHurricane,Utah
    Sept. 17, 2008 11:29 a.m.

I would like to say add something very important. As the world continues to rely on man this world will falter and continue to get worse. It is happening right in front of our eyes.

• Lori
    Sept. 17, 2008 11:22 a.m.

I am saddened by those that want the DN to not publish articles about the LDS church. Those that don't agree with the articles don't read them! We who believe in a living prophet to lead and guide us enjoy reading anything spoken from his mouth. We know the advisary is working hard to keep Jesus Christs Church from going forth. The Prophet is a seer and revelator. Don't you think he knows what challenges we are going to face!! I am all for following his advise!!

• Wynndow
    Sept. 17, 2008 11:19 a.m.

To "from france": It is indeed a marvelous opportunity living close to the prophet.

Je vous souhaite tout de bon. La France me manque. Continuons sur le bon chemin!

• Jenny
    Sept. 17, 2008 10:55 a.m.

To from France:

Good to hear from a European member of the church. I have often wondered what it is like to be LDS in Europe given that most Eurpoean culture is very libreral and secular. I have wondered if the LDS church will be a powerful force for change as it has been in South America and now Africa. The gospel softens hearts and makes us more amenable to the teachings of our Savior. What do you think about this?

• Merci
    Sept. 17, 2008 10:08 a.m.

Thanks "from France" for your comment. It is extraordinary to be able to live close to the center of the Church. I am from the east Coast of the US, but for a time lived in Utah. It was a wonderful experience to be able to go to conference and hear the words of the prophet in person. Sometimes, I think that we forget the wonderful blessing it is to have a living prophet among us. Thank you for that reminder.

• from france
    Sept. 17, 2008 8:10 a.m.

I write from France and I am a french member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints.
    Please be grateful for all, because you have the marvellous opportunity to live near the Prophet, you can ear his words, the words from Jesus Christ.
    Remember our Heavenly Father and all we have in our lives....I'am grateful for the Prophet, and to have a guideline for my family. A day the "fruits" of our obedience will be : delicious or terrible.

• Too much attention
    Sept. 17, 2008 7:55 a.m.

You know, as members we are encouraged to NOT focus on the adversary, rather to focus on the Lord. That is because where we give our time and energy should be what is important to us. Comments like the one that started this string are better left un-noted. Isnt commenting on such like contention? We are not going to chang Blah's mind in a blog. Instead, what about the article challenged us? What areas do we still need to work on? I appreciate the comments that focused on the article. Thanks to all.

• Dennis
    Sept. 17, 2008 3:35 a.m.

Jason, Jason, No one has ever forced anyone to pay tithing. It is voluntary. Ask any of these struggling families why they do it. Many of us struggle and are happy to pay tithing because we believe we are being blessed by our Father in Heaven for our obedience. Your comments reveal that you do not have a good understanding of nor a testimony of tithing.

• Lani
    Sept. 17, 2008 12:15 a.m.

The more we hear, say, and do things the more we remember, and the better we learn. I gain new insights into how I can live better from many sources, including talks by Pres. Monson and other Generaly Authorities and members of the Church. I believe that Pres. Monson is a Prophet of God, and I have admired him for years.

We are privileged to enjoy Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech here in America. We can publish and read pretty much what we please, and we don't have to read anything. If Pres. Monson's message, or anyone else's, for that matter, doesn't touch your heart, and you don't enjoy it, don't read it. There is plenty of other reading material available, especially with the Internet. Those of us who DO believe Pres. Monson is a Prophet would like to continue to read stories like this one. People who don't want to read it can simply go to another article.

• The Deuce
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:20 p.m.

Having been around long enough to see a few things and experience a few things, there is wisdom to be found in many areas if you listen. To the Neanderthal, you seem to have missed the entire discussion in your early years to first study things out and then put them to practice to see if the words and doctrine are true. If you were indoctrinated it is because you let yourself be. We would all be better off working to improve our home and family relationships. Whether this was spoken by an LDS prophet or not, the advise is good. I still find it amazing that so many ex-Mormons or ones trying to get out have such a problem with simply letting go. I am not a member of this faith but find an interesting personality issue in many of the people who post here. It is almost as if you want someone to invite you back into full membership. Interesting personality traits from one looking in from the outside.

• Shopping Anyone?
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:14 p.m.

Oh my goodness, have we ever thought on cutting back on tithing to meet this call from The Prophet? It kills me to see families struggle and the church put so much money into the new downtown mall. Double Standards? I am about done with!

Jason

• Sue
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:11 p.m.

About 5 or 6 years ago, a Prophet of the Lord gave me instruction for keeping a roof over my head. Although I was unaware of it at the time, some months later, I was without a home for almost a year, but never without a roof! His counsel was true.

3 years ago, we were challenged as a church to read the Book of Mormon by New Year's Eve...I and my family took up the challenge, and were blessed with a stronger testimony and a closer knit family.

Now a Prophet of God admonishes that I should get my house in order. Am I going to obey him? You bet I am! I know I will be blessed for it, and I need all the blessings I can get.

When I looked up the scripture, I was led to D&C 109:8, rather than 88:118 (they both say exactly the same thing) and was inspired to read verses 9 and 11, also. I have been given many promises through revelation, this past while, and I want to see teir fruition.

I have learnt to heed the counsel of the Lord's Prophets. I know it's right, and give him humble thanks.

• KTM
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:05 p.m.

Blogging about President Monson's address is one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
    Does anyone really believe that their comments are making a difference to anyone?
    Good grief! This is simply a report on a talk and how it is received should be very personal.
    Not living in the west, I cannot help but see how odd everyone seems to behave on both sides of the fence.
    For those who are critical get a life... and for those who think bearing your testimony on a blog is worth your time... get off the blog site and think about serving a mission.

• house of order
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:40 p.m.

Lets see time for family, work, study, recreation, self, and most of all Christ(religion). Many of all faiths agree, but it is in the doing that the difficulty arises. Let's see work two jobs in order to pay the mortgage and the bills from having the babies, and deliver papers so the kids can get the education they deserve. Where is the time for self, recreation, and I just saw the family leaving without me as I go to work and they go to bed. Oh, well I guess maybe we could do it if its a family thing. All of us need to work, Mom can do the religion, the kids love recreation, and a little study. And once a week at chruch when we all make it we are a family with Christ. Oh forgot self, but I think I Got it.

• Chris
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:08 p.m.

I would think we need to put our priorities as a church straight. My house is in order and don't need much help or input; but this City Creek Mall and the dollars involve just eat at me and add to what this talk is against. I think we have strayed. It is not about appearance but about Heavenly Father and until church leadership get that the culture of members will not change. What an example they set!

• Duh
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:54 p.m.

How interesting that 9 words can cause so much commotion.

• Neanderthal
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:38 p.m.

Dear Re: Funny,

When you can find reason in your religion or structure of the mormon thought process then maybe you can call me out. As far as my or "our" second-grade scorn I am quite proud, it suites me better then Primary level indocronation that was put upon me in my youth.

• washcomom
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:28 p.m.

If something is good and sound, no matter who said it, wouldn't you want to do it? Proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Follow directions and life will taste really sweet when it's done.

• Seeking respect
    Sept. 16, 2008 8:22 p.m.

What came first, the chicken or the egg....
    Had Blah Blah merely disagreed with the talk given by Pres. Monson or stated that it bored him, the responses would have been much different. Respect needs to be given from both sides, but when disrespect is obviously INTENDED as shown in choice of title or words, then defensiveness is almost impossible to avoid since it becomes a matter of HONOR. CAN WE ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE IN RESPECTFUL AND AGREEABLE CHOICE OF EXPRESSION? Ears that are plugged, whether by hurt, anger or disillusion, will hardly open for sweet testimonies. I felt encouraged by the tolerance that many tried to express and less than surprised by the deriding remarks.

• Re: Funny
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:38 p.m.

Aw, come on - why should the Mormons be insecure? Anytime an LDS article is posted, the enlighten Neanderthals come out of the woodwork and laugh at them. Here's a suggestion - maybe the Neanderthals should work a little harder at working up REASONED arguments, rather than baiting the faithful with their second-grade level scorn.

• Kent
    Sept. 16, 2008 6:44 p.m.

Great thought and comment Kathy. As a young boy I was taught about the evilness of the gays. And over the past several months I have been "gently" reminded of that evilness. Well said Kathy and to the point.

• Kathy
    Sept. 16, 2008 6:30 p.m.

One of the many correct principles I've learned is that we don't often need to be taught but reminded.

• Luke
    Sept. 16, 2008 5:38 p.m.

This is all pretty straight foward and common sense. If we need this basic concept of humanity preached from the Prophet, I would say we truly have some issues within the church culture and all all is not well among the brothren.

• Dixie Dan
    Sept. 16, 2008 5:16 p.m.

The best advice from President Monson is to take care of your family and stay out of debt. Debt can and will destroy your family.

• Chet
    Sept. 16, 2008 5:10 p.m.

we are all in trouble this days. I ve been strugglin with alot of stuff lately. I do construction and my wife Sarah is in reality. Really great feilds right now hah!? I have not been the best at keepin my house in order. i just want to say breifly that I know the lord works in the ways that will help us best.. we have to look at areselfs and fix what we need to to receive the blessing that are waiting for us..

• Funny
    Sept. 16, 2008 4:55 p.m.

I think that it is funny when so many mormons get mad at people for posting comments that are obviously meant to make you mad.
    Just let things go, if you believe in Monson, then follow him, don't fall into the traps of online fighting. It really just makes you look insecure.

• A Spaniard in Germany
    Sept. 16, 2008 2:06 p.m.

This is exactly what I needed to hear/read. I find that when an LDS prophet gives a message to the world, it is as it if was meant just for me. Our Father in Heaven loves us and knows our needs. I'm glad I decided to follow Jesus Christ and join His Church in my early youth. There was nothing better I could have done to make myself happy and give me the right perspective in life.
    I once, as a new convert, met Pres. Monson after a Church meeting and was very impressed with his human quality. He spoke a sence to me in Spanish and I dared to correct him (couldn't help it, I'm a teacher), and he took it really well ;-). We were interrupted by other people who also wanted to greet him and he held my hand long as a sign of care. Preaching with example, what a great virtue. How great to have a living prophet to speak the voice of God in these times of difficulty and contention. Thank you! Gracias! Danke.

• Jonas
    Sept. 16, 2008 12:45 p.m.

Good advice for anyone. This coming form a non-member!

• Lisa
    Sept. 16, 2008 12:37 p.m.

I think many of you have forgotten that we all struggle at one time or another. The problems of people can be heard around the world through all of time. The prophet is here for us. Sometimes we may not know it. We should all ponder and reflect on the topics and stories - they are told for a reason. Maybe instead of criticizing the talks and other people's grammar we should all focus on ourselves and how we can do better. And never, should we take advantage of what we have in the Church!

• Susan, Beaverton OR
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:48 a.m.

President Monson, as President and Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, once again guides us toward Christ, teaching us what we must do to put our lives and families in order to find joy on earth and eternal life. This is a standard for all the people of the world - not just Church members. All fall under the blanket of his love, just as our Savior loves each one of us. I would hesitate to judge Blah Blah or anyone else who may have an unpopular opinion of the message. I would, instead, seek to understand and love all. For myself and my family, I am grateful for the message and intend to use it for our Family Home Evening tonight.

• Lehi
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:47 a.m.

Great talk! Great reminders for me as a father of 6. I've heard it many times and I'll need to hear it again!

• Quit Belly Aching
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:30 a.m.

OH, PLEASE! You guys give me a horrible belly ache!

• ORMOM
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:10 a.m.

Isnt it so wonderful that the Lord is SO patient with us and gives us instruction and opportunity to heed the counsel of His prophets time and time again. Even though our family is working towards the ideal goals that Pres Monson has expressed there is always room for improvement. We are so blessed that he would give us counsel and encouragement to better ourselves and our families!
    What a blessing to live today where we have a true prophet on the Earth to lead and guide us towards those eternal goals and blessings!

• Steel Magnolia
    Sept. 16, 2008 11:01 a.m.

A note of encouragement to "Just Be Better"----I'll wager that you have been a wonderful parent to your remarkable children in spite of short changing yourself over the "hit and miss" prayer and scripture study. You tried and did the very best you could at the time I'm sure.
    I am the mother of 8 also remarkable children---all outstanding in their chosen fields---I am so grateful for having had the gospel in my life when I became a member of the Church at age 20. It taught me to encourage my children in their own interests, not necessarily mine. It taught me to be be kind and to apologize if I yelled at them! It taught me to focus on the bigger purpose in life, not fretting if they tried and "failed". It taught me to teach them about their Savior which in turn gave them a life time of hope and purpose. My hat is off to you!

• NM Momma
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:57 a.m.

OK Guys. I know that I am not the only one who read this article, and I think that we all need to READ IT AGAIN! Here on this discussion board we are doing exactly what President Monson asks us not to do. By getting offended about comments made by people who do not understand what we believe is causing contention and causing us to act in an un-christlike way. When people offend by words, deeds or actions, we need ot turn teh other cheek and pray for them. If anything, we should feel sorry for people that make comeents like "blah blah blah" because, when the time comes, they will be the ones trungin to us for help and it is then that they will need it the most. So, keep listening to the prophet and following his example because he gets his prayers answers face to face. I believe that, and if you do, then just worry about yourself and try not to get offended by others that just don't understand. :)

• Blah-Blah
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:57 a.m.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! And again i repeat....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!.... Whewwwwwwweee!

• CougarKeith
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:43 a.m.

Dear Blah Blah Blah, "Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss". The reason that is? Because the Old Boss is Jehovah of the Old Testament, Jesus Christ of the New, the same GREAT "I AM". The only difference is His Mouth piece on the earth changes from time to time because Prophets get old and die, or are killed and die, and are replaced by the All-Mighty. Of Course The Message IS THE SAME!!! Think About It, what else would be different? Would it really be of God if it changed all that much? It adapts from time to time to warn us, but it's always along the same lines!!! (I.E...... See First Entry In Comments)

• Ordinary
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:43 a.m.

People were let down by the recent Apple iPod announcements, too. When you have an expectation of great things, it's a let down to hear the same old, same old, with a little bit of the new.
    Of course, iPods sell well, and have good retention rates. There's no need to do anything different.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:23 a.m.

I think what Blah Blah is saying is, haven't we heard this before? Well, yes, we have heard it before, and we will continue to hear it until we do it. The Boss (I suppose meaning Monson), really speaks for THE BOSS (meaning Jesus Christ). We heard with each of the modern day, and ancient prophets.

Putting our houses in order NOW deflects a lot of problems LATER. Preparation is one sure way to limit Murphy's Law and the adversary's trying to control our lives. We only let the adversary take control when we don't heed prophetic counsel.

• Wynndow
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:21 a.m.

There are many facets to putting one's house in order. Perhaps the challenge is tackling the one that is most difficult right now--finances, consistent prayer, Sabbath Day observance, patience, physical cleanliness, pure thoughts?

It is helpful to have such reminders since I still have much work to do even though I have heard this message before. And what is great is that the same message applies in new and helpful ways since the last time I heard it because my life and circumstances have changed. Also, there are those who have not heard the message before. This was the first time for them...

I think that the invitation to put one's house in order is an invitation not only to put things where they belong but also to get rid of those things that DON'T belong. An invitation to put one's home in order is an invitation to draw near to the Savior, as far as I can tell. So this means that the Lord, speaking through his prophet, is once again manifesting his care for all of us by inviting us to come to Him and be like Him--to partake of His goodness and share with it others.

• arounds
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:19 a.m.

Good point,"I'm curious". I, for one, will work harder to follow President Monson's counsel.
    Thank you.

• A Utah Mormon
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:06 a.m.

Please don't mock the Utah Mormon. Not all of us pretend to be know it all's.
    I thought this was a very uplifting message. If they repeat the message, it just means we need to hear it again, and that I don't mind. They are nice reminder messages. May all of us strive to be better people and come closer to God.

• Just a clarification
    Sept. 16, 2008 10:05 a.m.

The gospel DOES change. The one thing (surprising) is that many very importatnt things have changed over the course of the last 170 years or so. TSM will no doubt change things he thinks are wrong that may have been pet projects of GBH.

On the article, I read it, thought about it and really did not get much out of it, honestly. Put your homes in "order". Read, pray, pay, obey, repackaged. Got the message.

You know what I really need help with? Faith. I need a GA to address some of the really distressing things I've learned over the last couple of years about our church and its early history. I need a prophet (or apostle) to give a talk on this in GC and actually TRY to address the issues (I respect just the attempt to discuss these things!). I don't want to get the "you must be a SOP look" when I ask (sincere) questions on some of these issues. But the church is so large. The sincere desire of one person probably is no blip whatsoever on the radar of the corporate leaders. Sigh!

• mustberight
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:59 a.m.

Why all the contention on this board. Why be so defensive? I did not see in great dispute in Blah Blah's post. Free speach?

• Gretchen in Tennessee
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:57 a.m.

These are thoughts that we need to hear over and over. Simple words but sometimes hard to live out in daily life. That's why we need to be reminded and challenged to give our best.

• George
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:39 a.m.

God bless dear blah, blah, blah. He is my brother and I hold no anger against him.

• Lucy
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:35 a.m.

The instruction that President Monson has given to us has been in our home from the time our first of ten babies were toddlers. I often thought "putting your house in order" meant to have an immaculately clean house. With ten children that is impossible. But I am glad to hear that it was about prayer, fasting, tithing, teaching children, good communication, scripture reading, etc. It has made all the difference. It has kept our whole family active in the church.

• I'm curious...
    Sept. 16, 2008 9:16 a.m.

Comments like these most recent ones have been made over and over again but no one pays any attention to them unless you criticize them. When your prophet speak aren't you supposed to listen? It's been my experience that the LDS have selective hearing when it comes to key "promptings" like loving your neighbor. I wonder if those who are so quick to defend what was said will be as quick to do what is asked of them.

• Cody M.
    Sept. 16, 2008 8:58 a.m.

Excellent article, and very news-worthy, since it is at the core of what is needed in our society today. When I read the title, I was expecting the article to be more focused on physical preparedness... i.e. food storage and the like, and was pleased to be reminded that spiritual preparedness is the most important kind of being prepared. I believe in being prepared physically, and enjoy cutting wood, growing a large garden, and having food storage for my families well being, and so I need to be reminded often that more important than all of that is to have love for our families and neighbors. I think I am going to go home tonight and dig up some spuds and pick some corn and share it with my neighbors tonight... thank you President Monson for reminding me to think of others more than myself!

• JohnS
    Sept. 16, 2008 8:28 a.m.

I wonder when the Deseret News will remove the option to add comments. I come here and read the website often, but always avoid the comments. They are filled with people who just want to instigate something with others and/or create some kind of controversy.

What is the point of including this in an otherwise reputable paper? Seems pointless to me. You can't filter them without adding bias to the comments included, so eliminate them all together!

• donr
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:43 a.m.

Nathaniel, it seems that grammatical and spelling challenges occur with non-Mormons as well. You should have typed "grammatical" instead of "grammar". And you should have typed "emphasize" instead of "emphasis".

Signed, a 'Mormon' BYU grad...

And I like President Monson's stories. I don't care how many times he tells them.

• Dutch
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:27 a.m.

To bam0612 - It is not the message that bothers people it is the person delivering it. If these statements came from a self help guru there would be no problem - The problem is the belief it came from a prophet. Not my problem as I belive in him.

• Ernest T. Bass
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:17 a.m.

This is such good advise. Rich blessings are in store!

• Paula Watson
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:07 a.m.

Remember the 6 Bs by Gordon B. Hinckley?! If there was to be a 7th one I would choose be non-judgemental. We live in a free country, we are all entitled to our opinions. I don't agree with anything about the Blah, Blah comment but this person is free to speak his/her mind as wrong as it might be. I invite you to come to any LDS church building and attend one of our services or better yet come to General Conference and listen to the prophet speak in person - I promiss you will be touched by the spirit and believe his words - it won't sound like blah, blah, blah. God lives and loves us all and Christ died for all of us (believers and non-believers). Come unto Christ!

• Diana
    Sept. 16, 2008 7:01 a.m.

Brothers and Sisters,

I was saddened by some of the posings I read here today. We all just read a statement from the Prophet about putting our houses in order- part of doing that is loving everyone around us even those who of their free agency do NOT believe the same as us. I think some of you failed to really see what was written in the message "Love One Another". When one of our brothers or sisters sees things in a manner that we do not agree with we should not put them down but we should lift them up! I do wish to point one other thing out... just as a parent has to tell his child over and over not to do something or how to behave more appropriatly so our Father in Heaven is with us and we are given the same council over and over so that we may perhaps finally learn it. Please Brothers and Sisters remember who you are, remember to Love those who do not see things the same as you, for that is a true Christ like Love.

May the Lord bless you all in all that you do.

• kp
    Sept. 16, 2008 6:58 a.m.

Yes, I've heard the same phrases many times, just as I have read the same stories in the scriptures many times. And, each time it means something new to me. I have to ask myself what exactly the words of the prophet mean to me, and allow myself to be guided or taught by the spirit, which is personal revelation. If you are only hearing "same old phrases", then you are not allowing one of the greatest gifts that God has given to man, and that is the gift of the Holy Ghost.

• bam0612
    Sept. 16, 2008 6:42 a.m.

pres monson says....A house of order includes time for family, for work, for study, for recreation and for self, and "above all, time for Christ.

how is that offensive? how is that message bad? you can't tell me that the lds church is the only one that believes this. same old story?? blah blah??
    i'm thinking that if EVERYONE, whether you're catholic, presbyterian, lutheran, whoever, if YOU believe in christ, get your house in order. doesn't matter what religion you are. the message is the same because WE as a people don't have our homes in order. too many people are not centered on christ.

if you go to other churches, they will say center your life on christ. the lds church doesn't have the market on that idea.

i don't remember christ throwing stones at sinners or advocating spitting on people you disagree with. he said love one another, why is that message bad? it all depends if we believe in christ and what we want to teach our children. remember, no matter who you are, our kids are watching us.

• In Texas
    Sept. 16, 2008 5:20 a.m.

Now that is news worth reading!

It's too bad that most of the world ignores (or even mocks) the most important news.

• tracy stocker
    Sept. 16, 2008 3:54 a.m.

i thought the article was very uplifting and encourages us to always remember heavenly father. to all those that do not like our ways, one day you will be in need of something and when others say "i cant do it for you", we will be the ones who say "i can". these latter days are becoming more and more violent and filled with bad times, i think that the new president will help us to persevere with the teachings of our heavenly father and guide us well.

• D.D.
    Sept. 16, 2008 1:15 a.m.

Nathaniel,

Please note that your sentence is incorrect, and is not good grammar. If you can't get one sentence correct, why disparage others' grammar?

• D.D.
    Sept. 16, 2008 1:09 a.m.

Anti-PC Infidel? Exactly what is an anti-PC Infidel? These people aren't putting their nose into your business. They are simply stating their beliefs and feelings.

Since this site is for sharing our thoughts and feelings, why take is so personally? You share your thoughs, we share our thoughts.

If you don't know what "putting your house in order" entails, perhaps you could learn something new. Or, since it sounds like you think you know it all, you may choose to ignor the opportunity to learn something wholesome and good.

What is an infidel? Do you believe in anything noteworth and of a higher purpose.

• j walker
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:56 p.m.

I really enjoyed reading this talk. The scriptures he goes over in it are among my favorite in the D & C and our family has been trying to do some of these things for quite a while. It will be great to study this talk during FHE.

Have a great day!

james

• Brenda
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:27 p.m.

Re: Chris
    It's always been the way of the LDS, to be big snot noses. The nonmembers don't call us arrogant narcissism snobs for no reason at all. People need to learn to accept the Mormon culture for what it is. You and I cannot change our brothers and sisters...they need to change for themselves. Otherwise, they will all be in the hands of the guy with the club foot who dwells in all darkness.

• Nathaniel
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:20 p.m.

Most of you need a little grammar help! I would guess either most mormons do not gain entrance into BYU or BYU does not emphasis language arts?

• Pat
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:19 p.m.

Years and years ago when I was in college my primary interest (besides cute guys) was finding out what made people think the way they do and do what they do. Religion was a big part of many people's philosophy. So I studied U.S. and world religions...facinating! When I learned about the L
    DS people, I didn't leave them out. And when I heard that they had prophets that sounded strange to me.....there hasn't been prophets for a lonnng time! But as I studied I wondered, Could it be? Many months of observation, study and prayer followed. I felt God witness to me that yes, there is a prophet now. I was baptized 37 years ago and have heard or read many, many talks by the prophets. Not once has there not been sound, good advice. Do we not need it nowadays? I am grateful that God has given us a prophet....now and all of those who have gone before (the scriptures). I need all the help I can get!

• Home Owner
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:14 p.m.

How do you put your house in order? Mine is quite clean and without spot.

• Chris
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:02 p.m.

You are all too silly. For those attacking Blah, Blah, Blah ...Gotcha... And Gotcha Again. Not to Christian and you have made fools of yourselves...all 70 suptum' of you. Mormon on mormon ridulcule---isn't it fun. You all need to get over yourselves and start looking over your own flock... I am sad so many LDS members repond so hatefully!

• Brad
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:44 p.m.

I have heard this or a variation of this talk from president Monson 3 times in the last year. It is not the first time this scripture has been used by a prophet. There are numerous witnesses of this call by the prophets to put in order our homes. Troubled times for many are in the near future and if we do not know where our treasure is, we my find ourselves lost. It is good council. Those who study it out will feel an added portion of the spirit in their homes and they will not stumble as those who paid little attention. I have felt the spirit often as I have studied the attributes described in D&C 88:119 and tried to apply them in my home. It has blessed my children. I am glad for a Prophet who is willing to repeat to us the things we need to hear until we hear them.

• BnB
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:30 p.m.

The home is so being "helped" to dis-integrate....I have experienced some of this. I need and cherish every word that the prophet tells us about keeping the home intact, knowing it is also from the mouth of God.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:16 p.m.

Just a few words from me... Some of you need a grammar course on here..lol!

• Anne P.
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:48 p.m.

Re: Toria, Thanks for your excellant comment spoken from the heart---- I agree :)

I feel there is too much hate in our world and too many people go about back stabbing those they call friends. We all need to be loving, kind and try to see the point of view of others and not just our own. And we should not go around making harsh judgments, criticizing or condemning others. Sometimes things are not what we think they are, or what someone has told us they were. Learn about things for yourselves. It is the only way to really know the truth and authenticity of anything.

The church is true, and I found my testimony by searching for myself, and not by what someone else had said to me.
    God bless all!

• moises
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:38 p.m.

i have been member for 18 years. i am from mexico. and during this time as member of the church i have been very happy. but that that does not mean that i never had problems or bad situetions. and having a living prophet has helped me to remember what is good and that is ablessing for me. i know the living prophet of this church is guide by jesus christ. sorry about my english, i need to practice more.

• Phil
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:22 p.m.

Why do we expect something out of the ordinary everytime a prophet speaks? What Pt Monson did was preaching good family ethics and so did Christ in many of his sermons. There is a time and a season for everything: a time for ethics, a time for doctrines and a time for testifying of Christ or prophesying. There is also a target audience for specific messages. Simply put some aspects of the message may not apply to us directly. I don't have a problem with that.

• Leo
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:14 p.m.

Just six words: He is a prophet of god.

• John Larabee
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:55 p.m.

to all those who are giving bad comments on the divine work of the Propehet Monson, i only have one question to you guys,
    Who do you knows more about the divine work of the Prophet nowadays, is it you or the Lord?

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:42 p.m.

Just listening to Won't Get Fooled Again & My Generation by The Who. Music from about 40 years ago. I love finding the spiritual messages behind the music. No, we won't be fooled again, we are the generation of Christ. His music runs in our hearts for never was there another who could sing His, the one and only, true song. He sang it perfectly and because He did we exist and our world and universe exists. Learn to know his voice, to hear his voice, treasure his voice, from the smallest babies cry to the dying breath he is there loving us, sustaining us, and waiting for us. I love his light upon my path and I will go wherever, whenever He calls. Love is all there is and live music will always be the best.

• I loved the message..
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:50 p.m.

President Monson has offered a great reminder of what we all should be doing in our homes. Its good counsel for anyone- make time for your children, for work, for together time. These are things that many homes really need right now.

Sept. 15, 2008 7:49 p.m.

Thank you Lord for giving us a prophet to help us remember you and your ways. The scriptures give us memory, and a prophet enhances that memory of YOU.

• Debbie
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:41 p.m.

Getting our homes in order must certainly include cleaning up our lives, as well. We all know where we stand when given this counsel-it's gotta be personal for each of us. Wherever our heart is, our lives, our homes, our words to others all reflect it! I'm glad to hear the same wounderful counsel! If it's repeated enough, maybe we'll all actually do something about it.

• Toria
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:37 p.m.

President Monson is one of the greatest Prophets this church has ever had. He along with Joseph Smith, President Kimball and President Hinckley are 4 of the smartest and most noble spiritual men to ever lead this church in righteousness. God bless him always.

• Ken in Springville
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:32 p.m.

If all of you who support what President and Prophet Monson said would just say "AMEN - To what was conveyed to us who care!" and quit giving the anti-prophet prople something to respond to, they would go away, and everyone would be better off.

• kathyn
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:29 p.m.

My husband and I were privileged to attend this conference via satellite. It was wonderful. I am so grateful for all those who spoke. I was much edified.

• Shocked
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:27 p.m.

I'm an orthodox member of the Church.

I'm embarrased by the comments attacking the first poster.

People have different opinions -- big deal.

Many of the postings are painfully ironic considering the advice given by President Monson.

Trust me, I live in the South and the criticism of the Church is much sharper than that. Big deal though, our response shouldn't be reactionary. Instead we should strive to be kinder, more informed, and more able to articulate our message.

I agree "Here's a thought."

• Ed Clinch
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:39 p.m.

President Monson is an inspired man of God. So is the Pope, Joseph Razinsky. I used to know his name better, sorry. So is the Dalai Lama.

My point? We should give give heed and much respct to all of this senior statespeople and leaders.

If we don't we will be at the peril of the Enenmy, which is embodied in hate, pride and ignorance.

I have never met Thomas S. Monson but I know he is an elect child of God. And if we are keen to the Spirit of God, we will recognize greatness whereever it lies.

God bless us all to incorporate his and the Savior's words.

I love all people, even my enemies.

I'll keep them close.

Peace.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:37 p.m.

I don't think any of the commentators on 'meet the new boss' have ever heard the song from whence the line came. "...so I get on my knees and pray, we don't get fooled again". Oh, wait. Gotta save that one for one of the political forums.

• Monsoon
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:34 p.m.

DOesn't it strike anyone as odd that we've had the same "revelation" sent around for what, four decades? What prophet quotes, paraphrases, reguritates a basic claim made by, oh, pretty much anyone in christianity?

Is this prophecy? Be kind to your neighbors?

• Ramona
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:31 p.m.

The article is a great reminder for all of us, whoever you are, whatever status you are in. Thanks for a great leader, our Prophet who guides us. It is up to us if we follow the counsel,somehow we will be judge soon of the works we have done,it will be sad of the unbelievers and those that loves to percecute of something that is noble and righteous. I am excited of the time when it comes. Always I thank God for a dear Prohet- Pres. Monson.

• keluma
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:26 p.m.

does it not dawn on us that our beloved prophet of THE LORD is reminding us of an important concept? especially during these turbulent times let alone the overwhelming weather conditions of hurricanes, floods, tornadoes... keeping our house in order is essential always, every era, so that when troublesome situations fall on us, we are prepared spiritually and have our "houses" in order to handle more chaos that could befall us, this way we don't have to cleanup old mess, and be more prepared to handle new calamities...
    God Bless Our Prophet for keeping us in tune to what Our Heavenly Father knows is best for us, grateful to Our Savior of His sacrifice so that we are able to have a relationship with Him.

• Hansen
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:18 p.m.

I loved this talk . . . . timely and relevant to today, yesterday and tomorrow - a great reminder of how to live the good life ! If everyone on this message board would learn to discern what is good among those who post and focus on those comments; while totally and completely ignoring the trolls and baiters - you know what ? they would disappear, because this message board would no longer interest them. Putting our houses in order would also mean not yielding to the enticements of those who find pleasure in distracting readers from the heart of our Prophet's messages. Meaningful dialogue is a greater use of this message board. Stay Cool ! Keep the Faith - President Monson is the keeper of a Firm Foundation - May God Bless Us each and every one !

• singa
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:16 p.m.

D&C 88:119 has been a guide for most of my adult life. I come back to it again and again, and by evaluating myself, can always find something I need to do to improve myself in my "striving for perfection". Therefore, I am grateful that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, our Saviour, blessed us with scriptures, because I am uplifted everyday through reading them. Actually, D&C 88:118 right through to the end of verse 126 gives us so much instruction on how to live, not only in the Church but personally as well, that we used it in Relief Society one year for our "theme", memorising one verse each month, until most of us had memorised them all.

• Jake
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:57 p.m.

Sheesh! You people are Unbelievable!

• Tuffy Parker
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:35 p.m.

Chuck, I'm lost brother. Please help me understand your point...

Truth be told, very few of us reach anything close to our potential and thus need to try harder to become better people. I can learn from and be motivated by Pres. Monson's teachings whether it's old or new.

I'm working on it but consistently fall short. Isn't it great that there is One that can save me from myself?

• Arizona Saint
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:47 p.m.

As President Kimball use to say, "Do It". Put away your arguments, complaining, and take responsibility for making a better life for yourself and your family and your neighbors. President Monson is inspired to lead us to the waters, but we ourselves need to drink of the water. How hard is that? Just Do It.

• Back without Bristles
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:23 p.m.

Utah has a different kind of LDS Mormon... sad but true. In Utah Mormons have a rough hard core stubborn know it all attitude, and they are definitely a real harsh bunch. I have lived here 15 years and they are different here. Although, I'm still active, and I wonder why? maybe by my comment means I am slowly turning into one of them..a kind of metamorphism.

• Brother Chuck Schroeder
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:15 p.m.

OH WHAT A JOY that President Thomas S. Monson asked Latter-day Saints to love their neighbors. Making one's home a house of faith includes petitioning God for needed blessings and asking for his help. He urged members to build a house of learning by studying the scriptures regularly and to read good books with their families. He encouraged Latter-day Saints to set their homes in order, according to a scriptural admonition in the Doctrine and Covenants. Here's a fine example, we have no free angency, we only have angency to choose right from wrong / good from evil, without living in that "gray area" between the two and calling that just another lifestyle choice. However, one can't ask no one for needed blessings and asking for help from the Church, when you have a inactive Home Teacher, and no visiting sisters, and your Bishop won't add your name to a list either, and everyone ignores you, even though you are a 50 year member there, and, no one really cares, they just go through the motions only there, but we can't tell Monson about it, he won't listen to us either. I feel like quiten.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:00 p.m.

I love you Jill. So right on. President Monson is wonderful.

• The Prohet
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:59 p.m.

The is no difference between bla and turkey. You all missed it. It's what's in your heart not what comes out of your mouth. One persons blame and broken heart is anothers prayer for peace and healing. There is no blame, only compassion, no right or wrong, only love from the heart. You all need healing, ask for it. When the first stone is cast, let the first heart be healed. If Monson's heart is weak, give him strength to lead. If he is old, let our hearts be young and renewed in the light of Christ and the love of God.

• Beenthere
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:58 p.m.

Love the back and forth dialogue. I too think someone was pulling our chain at the beginning. As a grandmother I know from experience that a physically clean house is a more peaceful house. Now clutter can be put away before you go to bed, but lost shoes when you're getting kids ready for school, mouldy food under the bed that has to be traced down by the smell, grungy bathrooms without clean towels and adequate toilet paper, and stacks of dirty clothes on the closet floor with nothing clean ready to wear to work, make it more difficult to have a spiritual frame of mind during the day. So I always felt a house of order meant physical, mental, spiritual, and social. I like to stay well balanced

• A Prophet
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:53 p.m.

His followers know the Masters voice and they are known of Him. Yes, it is the same old truth and I mean very old truth. I hope that it never changes. How nice to have a living prophet to remind us.

• Tina
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:46 p.m.

My pray is that you all get a life.

• Jill from Brisbane Australia
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:38 p.m.

I only entered this comment section because I wondered what over 70 people would have to say on President Monson's talk.

I can't believe that so many LDS people have taken the contentious path! I can almost see the bristles on the backs of your necks from across the Pacific! I'm a strong LDS member and loved the article. It's an oft-needed reminder of basic gospel principles.

Let others have their negative opinions. Angry responses are just what they're looking for - they caught their fish!!

President Monson wouldn't bother responding to every opposing comment, so why should we?

• Matt Taylor
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:38 p.m.

What a great message. A timely reminder for each of us and our families.

• Singhappy2
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:37 p.m.

I LOVE this!! Thank you. This came at a time when much needed. I am so thankful for a Prophet of God - who knows just when to inspire and direct. Thank you, Pres. Monson, for your rich words of encouragement that make me want to be a better person to my neighbors, friends and family. I truly love this gospel of Jesus Christ!

• Tami - Houton, TX
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:36 p.m.

After just going through Hurricane Ike. I am grateful that I listened to a prophets voice and took heed to his counsel. We should do the same in this matter. With kids now days we need to teach them to have a House of Order and to get along with everyone especially our family.

Please don't make comments to others that are not heeding the word. It is not putting our House in Order if we have to comment about the negative.

May God be with us all.

• dugger
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:32 p.m.

Advise and council is good in this context. We all could benefit from the simple message and reminders.

• ramper
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:15 p.m.

Everyone is being too harsh on Blah Blah Blah. Anybody who has to go through life with the same first, middle, and last name is bound to have serious issues.

• Sandy
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:49 p.m.

GEEZ! I keep hoping for some intelligent comments to happen on one of these blogs, but this blog devours the cake and dish as well.

• Laughing
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:35 p.m.

Re: 2:11pm

Are you senile?

• dub
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:17 p.m.

That kid's prayer had to have brought a smile to God's face!

• Pres. Monson's stories
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:11 p.m.

I could listen to the prophets stories all day. Yeah I have heard them most before but I love them. Also, I am glad that he "polishes" them up, they sound better.

• Waiting...
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:09 p.m.

Re: Anonymous, You have that right. I wonder if he is ever going to learn some new talks. Oh well, guess thats how life goes.

• Carlos
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:50 p.m.

I bet the Lehman Brothers employees wish they had a guy like President Monson or any of the former Presidents of the LDS church at their helm. One day, my neighbors will quite deriding and knock on the door for food and I will gladly share it. I will share it until it is gone. Mr. Blah Blah, do you need anything?

• Jane
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:41 p.m.

Gossip, gossip, gossip! Don't you people have anything better going on in your lives rather then to start rumors? End of comment.

• Mothers who knew
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:41 p.m.

I am so grateful to my mother who even though is a convert, always gave us lectures about our house being in order. She used to use that scripture for everything in our lives. She was a single mother but that didn't stop her for raising 4 honest children. When I got my own, I used my mother's formula and it seems working again. I am grateful to our Lord because he has given us a living prophet to transmit His word. And about the comments here, I know my Redeemer lives and I know there's a living true Prophet on this earth. And that's enough for me.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:29 p.m.

Monson is recycling his talks. I have heard him tell this story at least three times over the past 30 years! It is probably as apocryphal and as much an urban legend as the stories Paul Dunn always told!

But who cares about truth, as long as people can "feel the spirit" with their simple-minded stories?

Put your house in order. Duh. Do we need a special revelation from God to tell us that?

Fast. OK. Except when you have special dietary requirements and health conditions where you can't.

Pray to God for help. Duh. But God only helps those who help themselves, so skip the prayer and get off your duff and get to work!

• Concerned
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:15 p.m.

Yes we have heard it before.

My concern is the health of Sis Monson, based on the pixs associated with this article. She looks like she has serious health conditions and is not long for this earth. Pray for her health, Pres Hinkely certainly struggled much more after the passing of his dear wife.

• Gabby
    Sept. 15, 2008 12:59 p.m.

To Kenny
    How do you know it is nonmember? It could be angry member bashing another member, like they do in the wards. No problem just regular routine of things.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 12:51 p.m.

We used to drive past yards and my dad would comment: 'look at that mess. They must be mormon'. I never knew what he meant at the time, but now it makes sense.

• kenny
    Sept. 15, 2008 12:01 p.m.

To:Here's a thought

There would be no point to this forum as long as LDS and non LDS got along. Dont you know thats why there is a Utah in the first place.Actually there is some truth to that statement.

• And now...
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:51 a.m.

The rest of the story....The lady down the street, who was ill, had a cold so she was going to get better anyway. Its great how the stories he tells are polished up to make them sound better!

• John Pack Lambert
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:53 a.m.

In support of to Steve,
    It is much more important to have a home with love and kindness than an uncluttered floor. If you beat your children because they are too messy, is it worthwhile?
    Remember that King Benjamin said we should not run faster than we have strength. If the choice is between gathering the children for family prayer or cleaning the dishes with your last burst of energy from a long days work before taking a needed sleep, do the former and not the latter.

• Hollywood
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:33 a.m.

Laughed at Pres. Monson's comments re: the little child's prayer to bless Sister Lister, Chicken Little, Henny Penny, etc.

My 3-yr old sometimes does the same. But she is so sincere. And sometimes out of the blue, she will ask (without prompting) for one of her friends or her sitter to get better, or for daddy to come home safely if he's working late. It is not just rote, even for a little child.

And to those who've been critical of Pres. Monson's talk. Yep, it was the same advice others have given. May as well stop reading the newspaper if that is your criteria. National news: wars, hurricanes, people killed. Local news: store was robbed, someone got shot or stabbed somewhere. There were a few automobile collisions, some fatal. Sports: some teams lost, some won. Honestly, haven't we all heard that before?

Only wake me up if there is some noteworthy invention or miraculous medical breakthrough. Otherwise I'm so bored with this earthly existence. I'm already perfect. I have 100% retention, everything sinks in the 1st time and I have no need to practice anything. Yawn!

• TROLL
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:18 a.m.

The two anti comments on this string were written by members of the Church who like to have fun with the zoobies. Don't take the bait people! They are just trolls who like to watch the fire spread because everyone thinks they are serious!

• To Loyal reader
    Sept. 15, 2008 11:15 a.m.

To Loyal Reader:

You are right on the money !!!!!!!

Let's forgive Mr(Mrs/Ms)Blah and do the right thing.

• Hugh G. Hater
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:58 a.m.

Dont' feed the trolls people.

• To Steve:
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:49 a.m.

It would be nice to have a neat and clean home, but sometimes with several children and single parenthood you just have to look above the mess.
    ------------------------
    The best part of this article is about children praying, they say the most humorous statements but they are so sincere and innocent, you have to love em.
    -------------

• Eastern Observer
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:46 a.m.

To anti-pc infidel - low self-esteem is no laughing matter.

To Steve - This counsel could apply to both spiritual and physical order in our homes.

To Soooo... - Nobody forced you to read the article.

From a less oft-quoted hymn...
    "We listen to a prophet's voice and hear the Savior, too.
    With love he bids us do the work the Lord would have us do."

• Loyal reader...
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:43 a.m.

Well, you all did what Blah wanted you to do. Who received more press? The Conference and addresses from Church Leaders? or Blah? And, a little discouraging although we all have the right to comment and pursue our own agency, blah or others not of blah, have chosen to do likewise. Criticize and try to "set straight". Think about it. Any of you behaving any different? President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet.

• Aloha
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:41 a.m.

Perhaps the reason you haven't been able to embrace the truthfulness of the gospel is because you heard "blah blah blah" and those who embraced its fullness heard reminders of how our lives could be improved if we follow a living prophet's counsel. As a convert to the church, I'm grateful to be able to have the opportunity to listen to a prophet as he he guides us and helps us strengthen our lives and our families. I hope others will really listen beyond the words to be touched and heed his counsel to experience the fullness the gospel can offer us, individually and as families.

• What about BOB
    Sept. 15, 2008 10:21 a.m.

LOve is the main message. Who cares what others think. This message board has changed from being about the story to something else. Who Cares if Blah Blah Blah hates the church? Those of us who went to the meeting enjoyed it. That being said we should not bash on blah blah blah because he doesn't agree. Turn the other cheek. forgive and move on. Don't fight about stupid little comments. If you want to fight go over to the UTE vs. COUGS message boards.

• Here's a thought
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:56 a.m.

To LDS, Non-LDS and anti-LDS persons of Utah:

Can't we all just get along ??

If you want people to respect you, regardless of religion, beliefs, lifestyles, politics, etc., then you must set the example and respect them.

People in the LDS church are no different that the rest of the society when it comes to social skills; some are very introverted and don't play well with people outside their social-church groups.

The same can be said for non-LDS people as well.

So lets just put down the axe and try to enjoy life without upsetting people, isn't it the "Christian" or "ethical" thing to do ??

There are plenty of examples in the world today of what happens when society doesn't get along.

• Me
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:55 a.m.

Great message! It's easy to get caught up in a lot of things that don't matter. I appreciate this wise counsel, the world is harder on families and kids than ever before, we do need to get things in order, before we lose the things that matter most.

• Anti-PC Infidel
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:25 a.m.

>Does putting your own house in order translate into minding your own business? Get your nose (and religion) out of my life? Sounds like more mormon double talk to me.

Hahahahaha! You have low self-esteem.

• Steve
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:23 a.m.

Does it mean keeping a clean, neat home? I've always been curious about this.

• Nancy
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:03 a.m.

I was at the conference, and I enjoyed it immensely. It is always such a great feeling to be able to stand when the Prophet walks into the conference, and the Holy Ghost is bearing witness again to all of his role as the mouthpiece of God here on the earth at this point in time. The messages given were truly inspired, and I feel so blessed that my family and I were able to attend.

God bless and help each one of us to follow the messages and receive the blessings by so doing!!

• WBM5
    Sept. 15, 2008 9:01 a.m.

DN,
    Thank you for the article. I needed to read this today. It was very meaningful to me. I didn't hear the broadcast and I feel there has been a lot of contention in my home. This concerns me. I want my home to be a home where the Spirit can reside. I want there to be peace and joy. I want to be more Christlike and I want there to be love felt by all.

Dear blah blah blah: I hope you have joy and peace in your home because when you do have it there is nothing better! I know if you seek after this kind of happiness you will find joy in all your life/day.

• Sooooooooo...
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:49 a.m.

• Bill from South Dakota
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:46 a.m.

Great article. Isn't it great to see the consistency in the message from a living prophet. Over time certain points of doctrine will be emphasized more than others. However, the basic message remains the same. Let us all follow the prophet so we "don't go astray". I loved the anecdote about his son blessing "Henny Penny etc...." We have experienced the same thing with our young children.

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:43 a.m.

to the Blah, Blah, Blah person: The Lord has said that His ways are not your ways, Neither are His thoughts your thoughts. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are His ways higher than your way ways, and His thoughts than your thoughts. You don't bless anyone's life by trying to tare down the truth when it's presented to you. Like the 13th Article of Faith says: "...If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, WE SEEK AFTER THESE THINGS" Have a happy day, and may your day go the way the corners of your mouth turn!

• Judith Millward
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:42 a.m.

Dear Huh:

Thank you, and Blah, Blah, Blah, for your comments. This article represents the greatest news of the day. A prophet speaks, still speaks, the message IS the same. Why? Because it is another testimony that the things which we believe are true. It conforms to the law of witnesses. There have been times in my life, even as a believer when I have wanted something more "exciting", new, but the message has been given and now it is time to live it and for that we need encouragement. I remember hearing some chastisements, specifically to beware of PRIDE by President Benson and that we were failing as a church to study and use the Book of Mormon as we ought. So we get many messages from our Prophets, not all the same. God Bless You with all YOU need for peace and happiness in your lives.

• kit
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:17 a.m.

I would like to make a point. This was an iteresting article. Blah blah said one small comment about the article and this entire message board turns focus from the article to blah blah. 2Don't you people realize what a waiste of time that is. Why not just say something uplifting and be on your way. PLEASE NO MORE COMMENTS about Blah Blah.

• Shirl
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:16 a.m.

I think the Deseret News needs to start making their comment boards a place where the people sharing ideas are more accountable...i.e. they are not so "anonymous". Maybe people who just want to slam the LDS church would go where they feel more comfortable.

• Dutch
    Sept. 15, 2008 8:02 a.m.

Blah Blah Blah = Troll

• re: Mark comment for deletion
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:59 a.m.

Nice thought - DN thrives off the mormon versus non-mormon baiting on their message boards - why kill the golden goose that drives up traffic, even if it does formet exactly the dialog that President Monson asked Church members not to engage in?

• Mark comment for deletion
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:17 a.m.

Please delete comment by Blah blah blah as inappropriate content.

• Blah blah blah is right
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:17 a.m.

He or she is exactly right - which is what makes it all work. The boss does stay the same - only the prophet He calls changes, and His work just keeps moving forward. Isn't in marvelous?

• to Blah
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:13 a.m.

If you don't want to follow who be deem a prophet, then you have your free agency to walk away. I see no real reason for you post, other than to start a hornets nest of posts about how you must be not a very nice and loving person.

• SLC gal
    Sept. 15, 2008 7:08 a.m.

Very inspired counsel!!!!!

• You are what you hear.
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:58 a.m.

Funny how you heard bla bla bla, when I heard something much more influencial and profound.

• Blah blah blah #2
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:51 a.m.

Meet the new naysayer, same as the old naysayer.

• Tx Sis
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:50 a.m.

How can it ever be a 'blah blah blah' when Pres Monson is encouraging us all be better, to live better, to help others? I am grateful for Pres. Monson and his counsel. It makes me take mental notes on where I can improve. Thankful...thats me.

• Fred Temby
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:48 a.m.

We thank thee O God for a Prophet, to guide us in these latter days. It was true then, it is still true today. No-one will ever make a mistake following the Prophet.

• TNgirl
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:43 a.m.

dear blah...

could be b/c both "bosses" were led by the same "big boss"

helen, i too am grateful. this is a scary world to try and navigate. i am thankful i have a testimony of personal revelation and the prophet receiving revelation for the world.

• M.M.
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:43 a.m.

Yes, the same old boss, with the same messages of truth and wisdom that we all need to heed in our daily lives. Thank You Dear Lord!

• bart
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:44 a.m.

I've seen so many families that have dissenting from each other mainly because of things that have no order in their homes. This article rang true of his speech for all families in this country. Turn off TV, put away video games, focus on spending time with your family, talk over things that you enjoy sharing. This is serious matter. Otherwise, you'll never find love at home anymore.

• Carol
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:38 a.m.

Blah,

I'm curious. What specific disagreements did you have to what he said...?

• Huh?
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:26 a.m.

Why is this news? There is nothing new or enlightening here, just the same ol' same ol' that's been preached from the pulpit for years. Nothing newsworthy here to write a newspaper article about.

• Doodles
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:06 a.m.

Dear Blah, Blah Blah,
    The new boss is the same as the old boss. What is right and wholesome last year still is this year.

Perhaps your counsel to millions of families would be something like establishing a house of lies, cheating, faithlessness, drugs, free sex, abuse, school dropouts and selfishness. That would surely be "new" and therefore "better" than the wisdom of establishing a house of order, careful work and faith.

Truly things of the Spirit are difficult to understand for those who kick against the pricks.

• Ross
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:03 a.m.

Blah blah blah, please for your own sake, be careful what you say about our living Prophet.

• cg
    Sept. 15, 2008 6:01 a.m.

for the "new boss"...what a nice compliment.. the same yesterday, today, and forever...

• Lori B.
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:50 a.m.

To blah blah blah...

The things the prophets say and have always said are for those who have"ears to hear". Whether you believe Pres. Monson is a prophet or not, how would the things he counseled be harmful to anyone? Please be more respectful of our beliefs and we will grant you the same respect.

• Re: Blah blah blah
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:36 a.m.

Might we suggest that you (and all others like you) check the titles of the articles BEFORE you read them. Then you won't end up reading something that causes you to feel that you need to comment blah blah blah.

• overseas
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:34 a.m.

Isn't it great?

• CP
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:27 a.m.

I found this talk very uplifting and much needed to be heard by all. The family is most important. I have always taught my children, that friends come and go but you will always have your family. And if these principals which Pres. Monson spoke about are learned in the home children and parents will be much happier.

And a small note to the person who left the comment at 1:41am: I'm really glad that as you put it "that the new boss is the same as the old boss". I admired Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley and I'm so glad to see that Pres. Thomas S. Monson also understands the importance of the family unit and is not afraid to say so.

• Keith in Colorado
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:25 a.m.

The "new boss" is the same as the "old boss" because they both receive their guidance and direction from the same source - Jesus Christ always has been and still is the head of the Church and not man! That's why the message is the same. I gather from your comment Blah Blah Blah, that you expected something different. It will never ever happen!

• Kate
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:24 a.m.

Thank goodness they are the same. It shows that they are both listening to God and not man.

• helenofoz
    Sept. 15, 2008 5:20 a.m.

How thankful I am for a prophet-to guide us in these latter days.

• Never get it...
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:53 a.m.

People never get it. You know why they always seem to repeat the same things over and over? Because we never get it the first time (or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...).

• Re: blah blah
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:41 a.m.

Bite your tongue buddy! Pres. Monson is following suit because it is so important. Listen and take heed blah blah boy.

• bless your heart
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:38 a.m.

you must be having difficult times in your life

• Richard E.
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:39 a.m.

I testify it is the church of Jesus Christ not Gordon B. Hinckley or Thomas S. Monson. The "old boss" is STILL the "old boss".

• Sharon in Tennessee
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:36 a.m.

Dear NEW BOSS, SAME OLD BOSS commentor:
    That's because most of the employees are the same OLD employees.
    No need to remind complaining employees IF they would but "DO THE JOB" and "DO IT PROPERLY".
    Heavenly Father "PAYS us" richly moment by moment, unlike most "bosses" who tend to fire those who complain and not work. We are sustained in our very breath. As children of God, we tend to not obey our heavenly parent, and "DO OUR THING".
    Internal joy and peace only comes by "COMING UNTO CHRIST". He IS OUR TRUE BOSS, just as Heavenly Father is Christs' true boss.
    When we grow up sufficiently, we have learned to love a true leader and mentor. I personally met Pres. Monson in 1965 in Sydney Australia. I sang for him. Met him again in a sweet loving interview in Nashville Tennessee after regional conference.
    I KNOW, by prayer and asking that he IS A TRUE PROPHET and incredibly reliable BOSS for us all.
    God Bless our Prophet....and all his faithful followers.

• Just be better!
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:26 a.m.

Dear Blah blah blah, Just exactly what is wrong with anything Pres. Monson said? Or are you one of those who just like being contentious? You know, he even warned us about that as well. I love that I'm always being challenged and reminded to be better and do better. Our family has had a hit-and-miss program of family study and prayer over the years, but our children have turned out to be remarkable people (other people's words, not ours). I give all the credit for that to the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ that they received in our home, at church, in seminary, and among good friends. Now go and have a wonderful, joy-filled day.

• Kinda Funny
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:18 a.m.

Interesting that we get a comment like the one above in an article which quotes Pres. Monson asking people to love each other.

• Grateful
    Sept. 15, 2008 4:13 a.m.

Thank goodness!

• Anonymous
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:36 a.m.

Since his boss is the the same yesterday, today, and forever. I don't know why you would think any differently!?

• dixiegal
    Sept. 15, 2008 3:28 a.m.

I know, isn't it wonderful that the gospel and it's teachings don't change just because to mantle of leadership is passed on!

• Everyone has a boss!
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:12 a.m.

The Supreme Boss is always the same. "Surely the Lord God will do nothing save He reveal His word through His servants the Prophets".

• AZ Cougar
    Sept. 15, 2008 2:09 a.m.

And thank the Lord he is!

• Blah blah blah
    Sept. 15, 2008 1:41 a.m.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.