Sports

Utah Utes basketball notebook: Utes have lost big before, but traditionally it was against tougher teams

Comments

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 4, 2012 2:33 p.m.

agb - I am a fan of both BYU and Utah - and I have a long track record of supporting both teams on here. My observation on the BYU article was simply stating history. The NCAA committe like to make BYU travel and often puts them at a 8 or 9 seed - which historically means one and done. Nothing in my statement was trolling, just a worry.

• AZJazzFan Gold Canyon, az
    Jan. 4, 2012 1:33 p.m.

To the remaining Ute basketball fans: You are true loyal fans. I am a BYU guy but I miss the days when the U's hoops were competitive. It was good for the rivalry. It was good for representing the state. I hope they come back in a reasonable amount of time.

• agb Layton, UT
    Jan. 4, 2012 12:52 p.m.

UU32 | 9:11 a.m. Jan. 4, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Thanks once again to Cougar fans for making Utah basketball a priority. Utah appreciates your support.
    ----
    and then 3 hours later you post on a BYU article:

UU32 | 12:43 p.m. Jan. 4, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    An 8 seed or lower would have BYU one and done again. If they are the third team out of the WCC the committee will make them travel.

• Chris B's momma Idaho Falls, ID
    Jan. 4, 2012 12:01 p.m.

Utah will not win another game this season. Write it down!

• ClassyUte SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Jan. 4, 2012 11:16 a.m.

Jake,

So basically you are all stooping to the level of those you hate? Wow, that almost seems counter-productive.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Jan. 4, 2012 11:07 a.m.

We're just returning the favor that so many of your ute fan sisters do on our pages.... So, just hang in there UU32... All will be just fine if you simply live and let live.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 4, 2012 9:11 a.m.

• BlueCoug Orem, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 11:34 p.m.

Tom in CA

"I wonder where BYU, Gonzaga, and St Marys would fit in. Most likely the top three."

Close; according to Sagarin, the top three teams in the WCC would be in the top four teams in a combined WCC/PAC 12.

#16 Saint Mary's
    #20 California
    #21 Gonzaga
    #33 BYU
    #39 Stanford

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Jan. 3, 2012 8:16 p.m.

Re: Pac 12

• agb Layton, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Utah is well on their way to their 5th losing seasons in 7 years. They can have that all sewn up by the end of January if they keep playing like they have. That being said I see Washington State as a trap game. Utah should lose this game big but WAZZOU has laid eggs on the road before. The key is to come out like they did against Colorado and shoot long range shots that have no chance of going in and go into the locker room at half time with around ten points. If they do that they can get past WAZZOU with a loss.

Hang in there lil band of transfers.

Lol