Sports

Oklahoma St. kicks Stanford with overtime field goal

Comments

• crowntown1 Corona, CA
    Jan. 3, 2012 2:19 p.m.

hellloo

Ummm Couldn't that point be made for every conference. The Pac 12 does have the most overall Championships than any other conference. So yes it is the Conf of Championships.

• Hellooo Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 10:43 a.m.

Re: crowntown1 Actually, the Y did play Texas and during the season when it actually meant something. Your suggestion that if USC were bowl eligible, then they would be in a BCS bowl simply demonstrates how rigged and corrupt the BCS system is. As for the Conference of Champions, well I guess PR fiction is fine. Do this, remove USC from football and UCLA from basketball and see where the rest of the conference really is as a championship league. Pathetic at best. It is good Mr. Scott recognized this and has begun to build a real conference based on performance as opposed to arrogance.

• crowntown1 Corona, CA
    Jan. 3, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Re: Mouthanman

Byu played Tulsa! and barely won. You didn't play OK St. or Boise St. or Texas. My point is you played against tulsa. If you knew anything about College football you would know the PAC 12 is the conf of Champions. If SC was bowl elegible you would have possibly 3 teams in a BCS bowl. Byu is and will always be good not great.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Jan. 3, 2012 8:38 a.m.

Out of 7 teams who played in bowl games from the Pac 12, only two (Utah and Oregon) won their games! That's only about 28% win record! Question: Is the Pac 12 overrated or the conference of champions? Conversely, of the 4 remaining independant teams two played in bowl games (Notre Dame and BYU). Note Dame lost their game and BYU won giving independants a 50% winning record, nearly double the conference of champions. BTW, Oregon has the ugliest uniforms in the world, no kidding!

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Jan. 3, 2012 8:25 a.m.

Believe me, Bama vs Lsu will be boring rematch. Most of those sec fans will be watching while everybody outside should not watch it. Of course a lot of people will watch the game except me because I refused to pay big money to cable tv and I just canceled it last night.

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Jan. 3, 2012 7:51 a.m.

OK. I watched this game and the Oregon/Wisconsin game. I haven't seen Alabama play this year, but I've watched LSU twice. I can't believe that on a neutral field, Stanford/Oregon/OK State couldn't beat LSU on any given day. So, I am left scratching my head wondering how we came to this point where college football's "champion" is decided somewhere besides on the filed.