Sports

Utah Jazz notebook: 'Round Mound' Charles Barkley thinks Jazz should go young

Comments

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Dec. 30, 2011 3:28 p.m.

I think the Jazz either need to start CJ in place of Bell or trade him.

• Mitchell_12 Ogden, UT
    Dec. 30, 2011 3:21 p.m.

HIRE THAT MAN AS OUR COACH!

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    Dec. 30, 2011 2:19 p.m.

@ Old Timer,

I think you've got Hayward and Howard mixed up. Hayward's the young SG, and Howard's the older, experienced SF.

I also think Watson should start at PG with Tinsley backing him up, and Harris and Burks backing up Hayward at 2. Play the most minutes for whichever PG is producing, and same for SG backups.

I do like Charles' idea of going young!

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico

PG-Harris or Watson
    SG-Hayward or Burks
    SF-Evans or Howard
    PF-Milsap or Jefferson

• eagle Provo, UT
    Dec. 30, 2011 10:39 a.m.

It sounds great to play all the young players or whatever but ultimately it won't make any difference. The young players, even at the professional level, need coaching and development which they aren't going to get with this regime. Otherwise, they are just running around playing lousy basketball. Sorry Jazz fans, it won't matter if the Jazz go young or old, expect more of the same...

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Dec. 30, 2011 9:17 a.m.

I can tolerate losing much easier if I know it is because we are giving playing time to our young players who need playing time to develop. I can enjoy the game by watching to see how the young players are playing and progressing but with Big Al in the game with Favors , Favors doesn't see the ball and when he does he isn't getting the ball in an area where he can be most effective.
    My starting lineup would be:
    Burks
    CJ
    Hayward
    Favors
    Kanter
    2nd unit
    Tinsley/Watson
    Harris
    Howard/Evans
    Milsap
    Jefferson , Bell can cheer lead from the bench.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    Dec. 30, 2011 8:54 a.m.

Good comments guys. I agree. So go young, push the ball up the floor and get after it on defense. Let's turn this thing around and enjoy it! Go Jazz!

• scalman Temecula, CA
    Dec. 30, 2011 5:46 a.m.

Two of the reasons Barkley is a high-paid analyst is he is often right and he is entertaining. Playing the young Jazz players should prove often right and very entertaining. Slam dunk!

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    Dec. 30, 2011 3:11 a.m.

I agree with Sir Charles and to even give Harris a message I would start with
    1. Tinsley
    2. Burks
    3. Hayward
    4. Favors
    5. Kanter

We cannot do any worse than what is happening so far

2nd Unit