Sports

Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin won't name starters until Tuesday

Comments

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Dec. 27, 2011 10:34 a.m.

If Corbin is smart he will start the game with experienced players.

Harris
    Hayward
    Miles
    Millsap
    Jefferson

They know the Laker players, they have been there, done that. The other players can ease into game and the flow later on.....

Kantor and Burks would get very limited minutes in LA. I wouldn't play Howard or Tinsley at all tonight.

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    Dec. 27, 2011 10:33 a.m.

Corbin is showing his immaturity as an NBA head coach. He is supposed to be a professional but is acting like an amateur.

Is this some form of gamesmanship? Doesn't he realize the fans are dying to know who he is going to start. Does he really have so little regard for us that he would pull a childish stunt like this?

With that off my chest, I'll take a shot at projecting a starting line-up. If Corbin is honest that his starting line-up will depend on match-ups, then I guess the following:

Harris: firmly deserving to be starting PG
    Hayward: length gives Kobe fits even when he was a rookie
    Millsap: better than Artest in every way
    Favors: earned starting nod in pre-season
    Jefferson: best post presence on the team

If Corbin was just pontificating when he said he'd base his starters on match-ups, then I think the following will start most games in the early season regardless of opponent:

Harris
    Bell
    Hayward
    Millsap or Favors (I can't decide what's going on in Ty's mind, if anything)
    Jefferson

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Dec. 27, 2011 9:02 a.m.

@Wombat1247

"The Jazz may get a win tonight if they play & get coached well."

With comments like that, you should become a TV commentator. Next time, just say "the Jazz may get a win tonight if they score more points than the other team."

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    Dec. 27, 2011 6:01 a.m.

Considering how Favors & Hayward went against the Lakers last time I would start the following
    1. Harris
    2. Hayward
    3. Howard
    4. Favors
    5. Jefferson

Then
    1. Watson / Tinsley
    2. Burks / Bell
    3. Miles / Evans
    4. Milsap / Evans
    5. Kanter

I would ilke at some stage have a young running team on against the older Lakers who will be playing their 3 game in 3 nights

1. Burks
    2. Hayward
    3. Miles
    4. Evans
    5. Kanter or Favors

The Jazz may get a win tonight if they play & get coached well.

GO JAZZ

• palme24 GLEN ALLEN, VA
    Dec. 26, 2011 11:02 p.m.

Here's who I am hoping for the starting lineup by season's end: Harris, Hayward, Howard, Favors, Jefferson. Now before people start bashing me for putting howard as the starting sf, just think for a second. I am aware that everyone doesnt expect howard to do much for the team this year, but remember what o'connor said about howard: he is a no-risk, but possibly high reward signing. So I am just hoping that he has fully recovered and is back to playing at that high level he did in dallas. So that's just my hope for what happens, I never said thats gonna happen

• TheAtheist SLC, UT

Canter
    Evans
    Miles
    Howard

• Penguin Inc. Salt Lake City, Utah
    Dec. 26, 2011 1:03 p.m.

He doesn't name the starters because all the players are exactly the same - lousy.