Sports

Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin eager to get ball rolling

Comments

• LKA Tremonton, UT
    Dec. 3, 2011 5:32 p.m.

Horney is a good coach. Let's give all the coaches our support for a full season. Last seaon was just one of those that happened. Last season was yesterday, this season is today..

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    Dec. 3, 2011 10:33 a.m.

What I saw of how Corbin coached in his last several games last year, he seems smart enough to know who to play and where, and seems to be able to adjust during a game to get the hot hands the ball more. I also liked his defensive changes.

I think Corbin will do quite well, considering how young and inexperienced the team is this year. Therefore, no idea whether there will be a winning record, but expect to see youngsters grow and vets play well.

• VeraLouise Sandy, UT
    Dec. 3, 2011 9:09 a.m.

I've been a huge Ty Corbin fan ever since he played with the Jazz and truly want him to be successful as its coach for a long time. I'll be cheering for him and the team throughout every game, win or lose, as long as they give it their all and move consistently towards improvement and eventual championship. That's my commitment! (Whew!)

Go Jazzboys! I can't wait!!!!

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    Dec. 3, 2011 8:13 a.m.

I hope he has a chance for redemption this short season. I think he got dumped into the fire last year.
    Out of the gate he chose Hornacek to help him and I think he regrets that now. Hornacek although a great shot while playing has been abysmal as a shooting coach, nobody feared the shooter of the Jazz last season.

Hopefully this season the core can keep moving ahead but for this many young players they will have a short learning curve if they hope to win.

Earl Watson will help this young group if the Jazz can re-sign him.

• MR Draper, UT
    Dec. 3, 2011 7:04 a.m.

Think he is a great person, but I am really skeptical. Wish we hadn't rushed into a multi-year deal. Very "un-excited" about this aspect of the Jazz (yes, I know that isn't really a word).

• Bearone Monroe, UT
    Dec. 2, 2011 8:59 p.m.

I wish Coach Corbin the very best this coming season. He has a big job ahead of him, but he can do it. I look forward to the season.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Dec. 2, 2011 7:03 p.m.

I hope Corbin has a good vision of the future and plays the young players that are the future of the Jazz, IMO mainly Favors and Hayward, with Kanter and Burks getting enough time to develop. It will be interesting and fun to watch this team and these young players develop. Winning will be a challenge but I think they showed promise at the end of the season last yr. Success this season may not be determined by how many wins they end up with but success may be how much the young players improve and if they can start competing and winning against the good teams by the end of the yr.