Sports

NBA labor handshake agreement: Fan reaction mixed; businesses happy

Comments

• Red Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 28, 2011 9:26 a.m.

anti,

Let's see, how about skiing, biking, swimming, running, camping, hiking, reading, painting, gardening, tennis, chess, belly dancing and the list goes on and on.

Just to name a few

If you have to pay money to watch other people have fun then your life can do with a little shaking up.

Have a great day.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington, DC
    Nov. 28, 2011 7:45 a.m.

Red

"We have other things to think about and spend our time and money on. Sorry NBA. Not interested AT ALL!!!"

Like what?

"Fans make them pay where it hurts. Don't go buy merchandise, tickets etc. If you all run back then they will do it all over again without thinking about it. They sure didn't think about you when they started this mess, even with Fisher stupid comments at the announcement, if you believe him then I have fool proof MLM for you."

Sorry but my fanhood isn't cheap enough to be taken away by a lockout.

" I've complained about the salaries of players in all pro sports as well as the money made by the owners several times, throw in player agents and the media as well."

Well,why don't you convince people to pay $40 to watch you do your job and then you won't have anything to complain about will you?

• bballjunkie Pleasant Grove, UT
    Nov. 27, 2011 9:00 p.m.

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Nov. 27, 2011 8:20 p.m.

Now the next best thing seems to be to shorten the season(55 games) and then maybe we fans can get somewhat of a financial break from having to carry the financial load for these four greedy mongrels mentioned above. Start the season the 1st of Nov. with the four best teams from each conference competing in the playoffs. The regular season would end by March 15 With a 55 game schedule, then 2-3 weeks for the conference playoffs followed by the NBA championships. All play would end by April 30th. Done and a shorter season would mean less wages for players, less for the other 3 and less for the citizens to pay. Therefore all of the greedy 4 would have to take a cut and the game wouldn't be over-exposed! Do it.

• Red Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 27, 2011 8:02 p.m.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Nov. 27, 2011 7:20 p.m.

The season, at 82 regular games plus the pre-season and post-season playoffs, is WAY toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. A season of around 65 games is about right. A shorter season wouldn't require such exhorbitant salaries, would it.....oh, wait, we're dealing with the ego's of multi-millionaries....never mind.

• truth to be Told Orem, UT
    Nov. 27, 2011 6:37 p.m.

I love sports and I love to watch the Jazz play. I wish I could say that I am very excited to know that the NBA reached a deal with the players but I CAN'T. I am so sick and tired of these greedy players that care about nothing else but themselves. I have no plans to watch them on TV, in the arena or follow them anymore. I would like to help the Miller family by buying cars from them but I do not want to contribute to those selfish NBA players salaries anymore. They have completely lost any sense of reality and I think that they should go out there and make a living like every body else. They are really NOT worth the checks they are cashing in...

• mytymouse09 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 27, 2011 5:56 p.m.

I think the NBA basketball players are greedy and overpaid. They already earn more money in one season than the average person will earn in a life time working multiple jobs. Their lockout during this season is just more proof of that fact, their greed has affected countless others with their jobs connected to their playing games, with individuals and businesses losing out on income while they bickered over how much more money they could squeeze out of the owners. Shame on them all.