Sports

5A football playoffs: Plenty of character on Fremont's defensive line

Comments

• SilverWolf Hooper, Utah
    Nov. 18, 2011 6:38 a.m.

Guardsman Way, SE of stadium!! Game day is here, Go Wolves!!!

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 17, 2011 1:47 p.m.

Friday cannot get here soon enough!!
    I know there is a Fremont tailgate party going down somewhere, anyone of you Fremont fans know which parking lot?

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 17, 2011 7:39 a.m.

@apexhunter
    Thank you for your support. I appreciate it. One more day until gametime and I couldn't be more excited to watch these boys go out and finish what they started.

• apexhunter Dick\'s Sporting Goods, UT
    Nov. 16, 2011 8:56 p.m.

@papi_chulo You have fought the noble fight all year, papi_chulo you have waded in and dealt with smack talk and trash talk all year and your have served the Fremont-Nation proudly!

Its been refreshing not seeing the opposing teams snipers in on our article forum and that is a testament to the class of fans that booth Lone Peak & Fremont are blessed with. Bingham has great fans but their online fans are some of the worst ever.

papi_chulo I thank you for your Love & Passion for the hard working young men that are about to enter the "Thunder Dome"! Fremont will prevail as @viperguy has steadfastly stated all year.......Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships. I will be full of tears as the play clock winds down on Friday as I will think of the Seals & Crofts verse..."We may never pass this way again" It was a blessing from above the day #31 landed on our shores and he has ignited this team into a juggernaut that will not be stopped. I toast the Fremont Wall of 4 on D and the Offensive Line..your time has come.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 16, 2011 6:14 p.m.

@cmann
    Sorry that you don't want me at the game, but you don't speak for the Fremont coaches, players, or others in the Fremont family. Just in case you didn't know that.
    I've talked with the coaches and players this week and they want me there, and I will be there supporting them for their hard work and dedication that they have put in over the last year.
    As you can see, people have recommended my comment that we need to stand up and support our school and not let others disrespect us and they haven't recommended your comment which bashes me specifically. Thank you to Silverwolf and FremontSilverwolf for cheering loudly at the games and not being so quiet that no one knows you are there. You are correct when you say this is a championship game and not church.

• gridironfan2011 Logan, UT
    Nov. 16, 2011 3:26 p.m.

@cmann Nothing inaccurate about the comments above. Maybe the accuracy of mere observation hits a little home?

This is not "just a game" this is a championship. Friday will play over in the minds of these young men for the rest of their days. This Friday will be on replay night after night, regardless of whether anyone of them wishes to re-live the day or not. 1000's of hours by parents have been used up to this point, so yes they have as much to win or loose this Friday.

All of the elements of a Championship Team exist within the Fremont Silverwolves, and yes there have been execution short comings but over all the most glaring short coming is an adherence to a game-plan (offense) that does not take into account the dynamics of that day. You can X & O all you want but if you fail to quickly note your weaknesses and understand your advantages for that moment....that day then as a game-planner you have failed.

Congrats to Fremont & their fans who have conducted themselves with grace & poise all year.

• Fremontkid OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 16, 2011 10:10 a.m.

@CalvinR jokes as bad as Charlie Shein lately. Fremont deserves to be at the game and may I remind you that this is our second trip to the Championship in past year. I thank the Deseret News for their Outstanding article and I wish the best of luck to both teams. But you know who I will be cheering for.
    Go Fremont!

• Jxc#1 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 11:19 p.m.

@CalvinR ... are you kidding me ?? "Fremont doesn't even deserve to be in this game ?" .... i can't believe somebody could make a comment like that about a team that has made it to the championship 2 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!! Last year they had to beat a tuff lone peak team to get there and this year they had to beat Bingham and a hot syracuse team that beat the #2 ranked alta . and saying fremont will lose 47-0??? come on... you obviously are very naive and do not know a lot about this sport. Teams don't just "get lucky" to make it this far. They have to be good, and making it two years in a row proves that it wasn't just a fluke last year. This game will come down to the wire and should be a thriller. Good luck to both teams.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 11:05 p.m.

SilverWolf and Papi, I'll be there rooting OUR team on too, the louder the better.
    I agree if someone wants to be reverent then let them sit away from the rest of us. We're at a Championship Football Game....not Church!

Let's go Silverwolves!

• CiderMan OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 9:43 p.m.

Fremont 0
    Lone Peak 47

Troll

• SilverWolf Hooper, Utah
    Nov. 15, 2011 6:18 p.m.

Papi--keep cheering loudly, I for one love it.
    I am not sure who others speak for but its not for me or the many Fremont players and fans that I know. The louder the better I say! If some want to be reverent, save it for Sundays. Let the coaches coach, players play and fans can cheer in the manner they see fit. Last time I checked, we each pay for our own ticket so I am not sure who some think they are to tell anyone what they can and cannot do. If some don't like the cheering, they should feel free to not show up and stay out, otherwise, live and let live, or sit further away. After all, it is a public place.
    As far as the play calling, I am sure glad we have the players and talent to improvise as they often make something out of nothing. Make no mistake, Fremont is here because of the players executing, so please don't disrespect our players in an effort to be an apologist.
    It will be a great game between 2 great teams, Go Wolves!!!!

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 3:15 p.m.

"No Disrespect"!? Really Calvin?

Fremont doesn't deserve to be in this game?

• CalvinR SLC, Utah
    Nov. 15, 2011 2:37 p.m.

No disrespect, but Fremont should not even be in this game. That being said the Lone Peak knights will correct the situation and make sure everyone knows they should not be there. East can attest to that fact.

Fremont: 0
    Lone Peak: 47

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 2:24 p.m.

good luck to Fremont this week, I think Lone Peak is so focused on being the #1 team in the rankings that they are ready to fall and will be punished up front all game long.

• cmann OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 2:09 p.m.

No, they don't. Do us a favor and don't show up to the game. Signed, the entire Fremont team, coaches and family. You are not part of us so stay out.

• gravedigge DRAPER, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 1:59 p.m.

Fremonts line should dominate Lone Peaks line- Jordans line beat the heck out of Lone Peaks. However; Hansen overcomes and adapts and is deceptively fast. The funny thing is that Hansen is too good for his receivers- lots of passes bounced off of them. Fremont has to get some picks off of those and keep Hansen off of the field to have any chance. hopefully Fremont can dictate the pace of the game with their running.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 1:17 p.m.

@cmann

Probaly the person that was sitting next to you. You better not be talking about me. We need more people like me who are willing to stand up for their teams and school and less people that sit back and watch others disrespect and walk all over them. I know the players for Fremont feel the same way.

• cmann OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Both are great teams and this should be a great game. Execution of the plays being called would be the difference, not the play calling. Maybe try something new this game, cheer positively and stop being so obnixious that your own fans can not stand you. Yes, you know who I am talking about. ViperGuy just cheer positively! Great job Fremont and good luck on Friday.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 12:02 p.m.

It's about time too! They only had to make it to the state championship game for the second straight year to have the D-News report on them.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 11:58 a.m.

Great article, glad to see these young men get some extra love from the media.

Looking forward to a great game Friday and hopefully the "Pack" brings it home so we can paint the town silver and blue.
    I think they have a good chance to win it all but Lone Peak will test this 'D' down the seams (which is where Bingham burned them last year), hopefully we'll see swatted passes and hard hitting when they try it.

Good luck to both teams, play hard and no injuries.
    Fremont 27 Lone Peak 24 in a game that comes down to the very last second again.

As mentioned Fremont has the best fans in the state and we will be LOUD!!!

• hsfootballfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 10:41 a.m.

No way is this a story about how good Fremont's defense is?

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 10:18 a.m.

That was a very nice article on the heart and sould of Fremont's defense. I suppose it would be best to also mention one more hairy defensive player. Justin Pingree will be the reason Chase Hansen and his Knights lose to Fremont. It's Chase's turn to "Fear the Beard".
    Fremont 27-21

• kokua KAYSVILLE, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 8:54 a.m.

Go region 1 !

I am a Davis Dad and I love the Darts. However, they have had a very tough year and they are out of any State title hopes.

Now we have the Wolves from Fremont as the flagship for this awesome region 1 that never gets respect form the Salt Lake programs, more accurately I should say from the Salt Lake press.

The Utah County teams do get over looked as well, irony is the best pay back with no Salt Lake regions remaining in the hunt for the 5A title nice work boy's.

• SilverWolf Hooper, Utah
    Nov. 15, 2011 8:54 a.m.

ViperGuy

Well said, I could not agree more!! Both teams deserve to be here and this is a much awaited rematch from last year. Lone Peak is a great team and has arguably the best player in the State, however, I like our chances and what our kids bring to the table. Lone Peak will have to deal with the Primo-Combo and a bunch of other angry wolves!!
    Fremont's front four will set the tone on what Chase Hansen can & cannot do! I expect big things from Blackbeard & Faux-Hawk, as they always set the defensive tone. Our Offense needs to come ready to play and Nick Vigil & company will surprise some people, provided we eliminate the turnovers.
    It has been a wonderful 3 years, these boys have worked hard and improved every time they have stepped on the field. Go Silverwolves, our school and community could not be more proud of all that you have accomplished!!!
    Fremont by 7

• ViperGuy Farside of The Moon, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 4:31 a.m.

Randy...what a darn pleasant surprise to wake-up and read such a nice story!

The Fremont D-line will be the cornerstone of this Fridays match-up. No trash talk here as each team deserves a spot in the "Big Game". As much a fan I am of the D-line I am more then proud of the Linebackers and their own rise to brilliance. The DB's some of whom play the entire game (both-sides) will ultimately make the difference in my mind.

As for our Offense...I Love the players and I Love their individual abilities, lets hope the plays radioed down to the sideline are appropriate and relevant to the moment.

In the end I believe "Chase' is going to get some alone time with "Faux-Hawk" & "Blackbeard: The Ice Road Trucker".....lots of alone time.

Fremont 36-14.

• SportsLover24 SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Fremont's D Line is beast status! They'll put great pressure on the QB and make him throw into a very alert and anxious secondary. I'd be most worried about the short yardage dump off passes or quick in's where the linebackers are going to have to cover. It'll be a great match-up to see the best QB in the state VS Fremont's amazing D. Hopefully Fremont comes out on top and finally brings back some respect and pride to Region one and northern teams!! GO FREMONT!!