Players reject NBA's offer, begin to disband union

• IMAN Marlborough, MA
    Nov. 17, 2011 2:35 p.m.

I can't believe that there's this many comments on such an irrelevant sport as boringball.

• DSB Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 15, 2011 11:13 a.m.

I think anyone making more that $500,000 a year should be prohibited from union membership. If you're worth more than that, shop your own skills to the highest bidder and let competition, owners, and the free market decide your worth. Set a revenue sharing formula to encourage a broad and vibrant league, and if owners choose to pay their players so much that it's not covered by earned and shared revenue, and they lose money and bankrupt their organization, so be it. More intelligent business people will pick up the ball and run with it.

• Honor Code Denver, Colorado
    Nov. 15, 2011 12:30 a.m.

I'll enjoy College Basketball even more this year...........when and if the NBA returns, it will take years to bring back the fans!! And also may I mention that there's going to be a lot of foreclosures on Mansions all over the country!!

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 11:33 p.m.

those nba people said "what economy?" Well who cares about them and who need them? Jimmer you might as well go over sea.

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 11:20 p.m.

Yeesh, this is going to get super ugly. I was probably one of the only people who thought the players were giving up way too much for the deal, but that last one offered was soooooo close.

I blame Stern for being too strict and the players for being needy. They really didn't need some of the clauses and in this type of negotiation, not everyone should come out happy.

The NBPA disbanding is the best news to come out of this. The association didn't represent the players fully. Hunter and Fisher should be fired bigtime because they didn't put this thing to a vote. I'm surprised with how awful they led this. They should've decertified in July if they were going to do this.

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 11:14 p.m.

Occupy NBA!

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 14, 2011 10:56 p.m.

The players are hoping that history will repeat itself--that entertainment-addicted fans will have a short memory and forgive quickly, refilling the stadiums after a short, lame "boycott." We've seen it in other professional sports. I would expect nothing different here. Because it is a lot bigger than just the fans. Local businesses, sponsors, sports apparel and equipment companies and sports media stand to lose billions, and once a settlement is reached, these entities will promote and promote the NBA and their star players until the lockout is a distant memory in the fans minds.

There is a lot of vitriol from the fans right now, but you wait--5 yrs from now people will say, "what lockout?"

The players are counting on the American public's addiction to entertainment. And in my humble opinion, they are probably right.

• Normal Guy Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 9:06 p.m.

How on earth do players who had absolutely nothing to do with making the NBA a success, have no investment of their own involved, and get paid in one year what the rest of us will be lucky to make in our entire lifetime justify not splitting revenues 50/50 with the business people that make their profession possible?

The awful attempts to justify the players by saying they can only play a few years or that they work hard to get there forget that all of us work just as hard and go to school in the hope that someday we'll maybe have a job that pays $100,000 a year. I live quite well on a salary much less than 5 million.

When anyone retires from the NBA they can still keep working a normal job like the rest of us. It's as if that's beneath them.

Somehow John Stockton made millions a year and yet showed respect to the game, owners, and those paying to watch him play. What I wouldn't give to have that era back.

• President Joker Washington, DC
    Nov. 14, 2011 8:46 p.m.

"Jimmer is the one I feel bad for. He has worked many long and hard hours to get to this point and now this happens... I was looking forward to cheering for him and would love to be sitting near Oconner, Miller, etc. And yelling "you got JIMMERD" when he lights the Jazz up as they passed him up."

Burks jimmered Jimmer at the charity game. He couldn't miss from downtown.

As for all you people who claim to be season ticket holders wanting to boycoot the NBA, I will be right beside you when we are the first in line after they open the doors again. There is no credible belief that any of you will boycott the Jazz or the NBA.

• eagle Provo, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 8:43 p.m.

Again, I ask who gave these players all this money in the first place? The owners. Nobody put a gun to ANY of these owner's heads and said give me X amount a million dollars. The raving of most of these posters is curious. Again, both sides negotiated these players' salaries. Team representatives sat down with players and their agents. Again nobody was forced to do anything.

Now the latest move by the players is understandably frustrating. I can argue it is even stupid. But the owners started it all. It was a lock out and not a strike.

As for players being overpaid. Well, a lot of people on these D-News blogs are all about capitalism. Well, it's just capitalism at work pure and simple. in reality nobody is worth 20 million dollars to shoot a basketball through a hoop, unless some owner who wants ti win games to satisfy large egos (let's not let these guys skate here) hires somebody to do that for that amount of money--then I guess they are worth the money.

And another thing, no player has asked me, a taxpayer, to subsidize their salary. Owners and stadiums? Different story.

• Bobby joe SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 7:44 p.m.

On another thought. .. Yes the players make on average over 5 mill per year, but they also dedicated their whole lives, and every waking second, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of hours working on their game to get NBA level.

This being said, I support the owners in this.

And one more thought, how much money does a Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, etc. Make in ONE movie? Probably more then 5 million. Im sure they have probably turned down roles for not enough money, but it doesnt make public. Or Bruce Springstein in one night... I'm sure a lot.

The NBA , along with music and movies is entertainment. That's where the money is, and we as a society need to revalue our values....

• S.Andrew Zaelit Deseret, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 7:32 p.m.

Anyone who is in the players camp is crazy. No respect for tradition, honor, or the game. The players could care less about the fans. At the end of the day the owners have more invested in the game and the cities they they are a part of. My prayers do go out to those who need the revenue that the games generate. The players, the agents, and most of the sports media have made things very hard for you. I hope that the owners get everything they are asking for. The players? Who needs them? There will always be players today's star will be...we know this story dont we.

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Nov. 14, 2011 7:02 p.m.

My feelings are somewhat different from most of you in that I am thankful the owners stood strong against this crazyness. Now the players and media will get just what greedy people deserve and hopefully the owners will get theirs also when we the fans boycott all of their future activities! Greed is a very dangerous thing for a minority group to do, and considering to overwhelming number of fans and citizens that have paid for these greeds demands for too long, now and in the future will be their day of reckoning. As for the owners they to have a big part in this greed thing also. They have invested true, but the returns they expect are unreal, and they too will find out in the future. Citizens and fans "just" don't need all of the entertainment out there today and the greeds will realize this very soon!

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 6:55 p.m.

If what happened during the NHL lockout is any indication, the players will be lucky to get anything that they want from here on out. They are going to loose all of their money they would have made this year and get a smaller portion of the pie for the next ten years.

To say that the players made a mistake by not accepting this last deal would be the understatement of the century.

The owners now have ALL of the power.

• woodmaster6225 Florence, OR
    Nov. 14, 2011 6:14 p.m.

I hope the owners win in court!!!! The players need to make less money and not get everything they want. The players are just like a two year old alway crying, and want the owners to babysit them and give them what they want. Well its time to spank the babies and get them to behave. You go owners.

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:55 p.m.

I actually think this mess will end up altering the entitlement culture that is the NBA. If the season is canceled, i will take my time supporting anything next year. I am learning to live without basketball along with millions of fans..something very financially dangerous for the NBA.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:55 p.m.

It's important to support the small market teams, and if the players don't care about that enough, they should. I support unions in principle, but I was in a company once that was run so smoothly...it was great...and then union reps came in and turned the heads of a few lazy older guys who liked the idea of seniority. Take out lazy and put in greedy and you might see the faces of some NBA stars. I want to see the young players play...be great to see the five youngest Jazz players go on an exhibition tour...play the Globetrotters or something.

Hey Portland fan...we are cool about Wesley - we liked him and we lost him, that's the way it goes sometimes...and Utah is going to beat Portland fairly regularly soon.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:46 p.m.

Stick a fork in the NBA season, they're done; thanks to the players that don't want to play but just get paid!! They remind me of Michael Jordan who wanted the Bulls to "just forget the bottom line one year" that he happened that year to make over $40 million....he didn't forget his bottom line at all, did he?

As to the point that they have short careers.....they still make millions and never have to work again if they are careful. Why should they be able to retire at 30 and never work again just because they can throw a ball into a hoop? And why isn't that good enough for them? Remember when Boozer made $68 million with the Jazz? When we toured the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington DC we saw pallets of $100 bills where each pallet was worth $30 million and I told my family "Boozer will get paid over two pallets." It made us sick just to consider such a thing.

• HugMe Logan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:45 p.m.

Re: Jonathan Eddy, I will do the exact same thing, but reality is the owners and players could care less.

What causes me to shake my head is players continually saying they just want a fair deal. They really have no touch with reality. Even with the owners new offer, most would be making millions a year to play a game.

I hope the season is lost. I hope players current contracts become null and void and give the players time to try and realize just how good they have it.

I think the Jazz would have been a fun team to watch this year. Oh well...

Good riddance NBA.

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:34 p.m.

shaun 3:15 p.m. Nov. 14, 2011
    SAINT GEORGE said:

"I am on the players side. Their careers are short usually ten years or less. Wouldn't you try to maximize your earnings during this time"

How many people do you know, Shaun, who can retire after 10 years with millions in the bank. These players have not risked one thin dime, and they think they walk on water. They don't even know the cost of the shoes they wear. I would lock the gym doors and throw away the keys. See how fast they come begging.

• Shawnm750 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:29 p.m.

As I've said before: The NBA needs to learn from the mistake MLB players/owners made in the 90's. It took a decade before baseball regained the popularity it had before the strike. A missed season will not only affect players, owners and support staff (including those that work at the venues themselves,) but local business owners will feel a tremendous impact from not having a season. That will come back to bite many of these teams when their next season rolls around and many of those businesses won't/can't buy advertising because they either don't have the budget, or because they're no longer in business.

Lastly,(as others have already pointed out) many of these players are out of touch with their fan base. At a time when most people are financially strapped, professional sports is one of the few "luxuries" or forms of entertainment that they have to turn to. Instead of cutting back, like most fans are having to, these guys are out to get EVEN more money. It all begs the question:

Are they playing for "the love of the game," or "the love of the gain?"

I'm inclined to believe the latter... B^D

• dlw7 LOGAN, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:22 p.m.

I would hope the owners, Derek Fisher et al, and the Players Union read the comments here and I am sure in other newspapers around the country. With many people with no job, many with poor paying jobs and many of us just making ends meet, how dare they try to hold us up for more money because the more the players are paid, the more a ticket will cost, and the more of us will stop attending any NBA game from Boston to LA.

• Mike W Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:20 p.m.

Wow... just checked the details of the offer on CBS Sportsline... players making a huge mistake! The deal offered is very fair, and will significantly improve the balance within the league... top teams would pay FAR more for being over the cap, while lower teams like Sacramento would be forced to pay 85-90% of the cap, so no putting out crappy, cheap teams for your fans. This is a great deal for fans who want to see balance... too bad the players don't want that... they want their super teams in the most desirable cities.

• ClarkKent Bountiful, Utah
    Nov. 14, 2011 4:10 p.m.

JFFR | 3:33 p.m. Nov. 14, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    "I also feel bad for all the businesses downtown that count on Jazz fans. We should organize some events and support them. I'm grateful KJZZ is showing Jazz classics, maybe some of the restaurants should organize parties during those games? "

JFFR, I think I'll sit back and let the LDS church take care of the downtown businesses. Its pretty obvious the church has a huge interest in the success of the downtown area in SLC.

• Forrest Natchitoches, LA
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:55 p.m.

That was Dave Checketts that didn't have a clue. Apologies to Chris.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:53 p.m.

I have to love this argument that while the players had to put nothing of their own up for risk, and each earn millions for playing basketball, they feel they are underpaid and treated unfairly.

You know, they don't like it, they can go get jobs and work 40-50 hours a week like the rest of us. If the NBA were to fold, even though I have been a season ticket holder in the past, I will not miss it one bit. There are plenty other ways for me to find entertainment.

Entertainers need to get a clue.... that is all they are, and nothing more. The world will continue without a blink if they were not here.

• Jonathan Eddy Payson, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Now it's this fan's chance to respond.

For every game the Jazz do not play this year, I will match it with my own personal boycott of an equal number of games when they return. I will not go to any live games. I will not watch any games on TV nor will I watch any other team's games during my lockout.

Take that NBA.
    Take that Player's Union!

• Jaggie Logan, Utah
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:48 p.m.

Owners made the mess. Players are keeping it that way. Neither have my sympathy. My sympathy goes out to those who are voiceless yet dependent on the NBA (Arena workers, local companies, etc.)
    It's a shame...

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:42 p.m.

I hope the NBA goes Bankrupt and when a new league is formed, the players are making 25% of what they were making.

• KamUte South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:41 p.m.

The players simply assumet that the league will simply go back to the old ways. Time waits for nobody and this year will be gone. The fans will not forgive this time.

Ban the NBA. Focus on college sports.

• Honestly?Really? Hurricane, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:39 p.m.

I think the NBA just committed public harry carry

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:37 p.m.

HA!! Let em lose the season - see what that does for fan support going forward. Fans see Colby and Lebron and others making 20 mil + per year and they find it hard to feel any support or sympathy for the players. The low end players will get killed with this but it sounds to me like that doesn't matter. Yes - LOSE the season and see who cares. The ones that will really care will be the guys in the concession stands etc....

• ouisc Farmington, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:36 p.m.

The NBA is soooo FANtastic, that now they're taking the money I've given them and they've decided to give it to the lawyers so the lawyers can now talk this out in court. This is not at all what I had intended by supporting my hometown team!

• Dick of the NW Bainbridge Island, Washington
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:36 p.m.

The players have been riding the gravey train for too long. Now they are driving it right into the ground. These self absorbed players are thinking they are just too important to fail. Well, they have started killing the golden goose and from now on will not be eating the fatted calf. The majority these players have no skills outside of basketball. Let's see how they do now. The problem with a players meeting, it is driven by the stars and mob mentality. No one dares state what is really on their minds. Looks like this season is done. I'll miss the game but not the stars who think they are the game. Dallas proved what a "team" can do.

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:34 p.m.

Occupy, go sit on the lawns of NBA players!

• JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:33 p.m.

I feel really bad for guys like Jeremy Evans who probably have only 2 or 3 years in the league (I hope he proves me wrong! I'd love to have him with the Jazz for ten years, especially if he develops a jump shot! ;))

• Kami Bountiful, Utah
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:25 p.m.

The owners and the players need to learn what rejection feels like.

• Forrest Natchitoches, LA
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:22 p.m.

I suppose Chris Hill didn't have a clue on this, after all.

• JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:19 p.m.

I for one miss watching Jazz basketball. There are plenty of bitter posters who claim they won't miss the season, I don't agree with them. I will miss the season!

Last year's NBA season was a lot of fun despite the fact that it was the roughest year for the Jazz I've ever seen (I was on my mission from 03-05) I've loved watching Hayward, Evans, Millsap, Favors, Big Al, etc come together. I loved watching the Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Thunder, Lakers and Spurs.

Its a shame it has come to this. I love the NBA, I hope they figure something out soon.

@Portland Trail Blazers- thanks to all the injuries, you don't get to see most of those guys play anyway.

• shaun_ SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:15 p.m.

I am on the players side. Their careers are short usually ten years or less. Wouldn't you try to maximize your earnings during this time?

If teams are losing money then why do teams keep on getting bought for more and more money? Isn't it business 101 to run the numbers before you invest in something to make sure you can make money?

Also I hate to burst peoples bubble but if the owners get their way the ticket prices won't go down, concessions wont go down, etc. All that will happen is a money shift from the players to the owners and the fans will still be paying out big bucks.

• Mike in Cedar City Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 14, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Poor NBA players. Perhaps they should join the "we are the ninety-nine demonstrations. They are about to kill the goose that laid the "golden egg".

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:48 p.m.

People are entitled to earn whatever the market will bear and if that makes them rich so be it.

The point the players are missing here is that the market will not bear their salaries. Most teams are losing money and in my view some cities should be shut down. Pro sports are a unique situation and as such basically have to operate on a "shared socialist" model or it just does not work.

If you don't do it that way then there is about 6 teams that make money and how much interest do you get in league with 6 teams?

The players ought to realize the economy is in the tank. I will take over a 15% gross pay cut this year between no annual increase and decreased bonus. Not to mention I can be terminated at any time and don't have a guaranteed contract like they do. I'm not sure why the players believe they should be insulated from reality but it is clear they do believe they are special.

I hope the owners stick it to them now.

• Weber State Graduate Clearfield, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:18 p.m.

Average NBA salary = $5.15 million
    Average per capita personal income in 2010 = $40,584

Certainly hard to sympathize with NBA players in their fancy suits, expensive cars, and high-priced homes in todays economy with families struggling to keep from losing their homes and many people out of work. I'm not one to promote class envy and demonize the rich, but NBA players are a bunch of cry babies.

• Steve-o Ogden, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:15 p.m.

I'm shocked at the greed and selfishness each time I read an article. Every time I see an NBA player's face all I see is greed.
    I suppose I should no longer be surprised. I have been an avid NBA fan since I was 5 years old, but no more! This is enough! I'm really done and it's sad.

• ksmith Sacramento, CA
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:09 p.m.

College basketball is better than the NBA.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:08 p.m.

I absolutely hope the owners dig in their heels and now offer 47%. The unemployed, uneducated, unskilled (outside of basketball of course) will be standing in line for $25/hour jobs.

• Portland Trail Blazers Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:06 p.m.

I'm upset that we won't be able to watch the Blazers for a while.

I could care less about the Jazz and if we ever see them again.

No Roy, Oden, Aldridge, Matthews, Felton, Batum, Camby, Smith, to watch for a long time. What a shame.

PS Thanks for Matthews

• wtfhinutah SOUTH SALT LAKE, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 2:00 p.m.

It's about time we, us, Joe & Josephine Public let these idiots know who's really in charge. I say after they have finally agreed on a CBA (Collective Bargaining), and they will eventually agree, they're to greedy not to. We should boycott their games for an entire season, maybe more. Don't purchase a single ticket.

We are the third party that never gets represented, we just keep letting the aristocracy stick it to us. Who needs these people and who is really going to miss the NBA, besides the local ladies of the night and the tattoo salons. I know I won't.

We need to do this for all major league professional sports, NBA, NFL, MLB etc.. They have gotten way out of control and need to be stopped. All things considered, what they do just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:53 p.m.

By the time the elite players, the lawyers, and their agents have finished alienating the fans, they will be fighting over far less revenue than they think. Fans are getting a belly full of these greedy elite players and their greedy agents. Especially in these economic hard times. I say let the superstars go to Europe. I won't miss them at all.

• hood CC, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:49 p.m.

Who cares!! Just televise more college basketball games they are more entertaining anyway. I fell bad for all the people at the venues who will be missing out on work. Maybe, the owners should take the money they are saving from having to pay large contracts and give those "Workers" a compensation check. That way the big salaries will go to something other than owning another fancy sports car they don't know how to drive.

• Andy Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:38 p.m.

A big bunch of babies fighting over bigger salaries. AKA parasites. 50-50 seems pretty fair to me when the players don't have to put any capital at risk, don't have to pay any business operations, their contracts are guaranteed. I hate the flopping NBA players do on the floor, I hate the flopping they are doing in these negotiations. I'm starting to hate the NBA.

Think also about the competition. The player's demands will kill at least 10% of the teams, which will only further alienate the fans. Have the players considered how their decision affects the people who rely on the NBA for work? Selfish jerks.

Just like all unions, you bite the hand that feeds you. I say cut these kids off until they learn the value of a dollar.

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:38 p.m.

Here's my proposal. Every player signs for two million a year, no matter what, base salary (they would be forced to live on $166,600 a month). Players recieve a benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement and other needed items, paid in full by the NBA. Players also divide a percentage of gate receipts, let's say 30% from the gate and 10% of television contracts (subject to bartering). It's all level for each player, no matter how good or bad they are.

The second phase of paying NBA players is endorsements. Let companies like Nike, Addidas, under Armor etc. pay whatever they want to the superstar athletes. Let the agents of players barter with companies rather than teams.

Problem sovled.

Problem solved.

• DeltaFoxtrot West Valley, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:37 p.m.

Let's get rid of professional sports completely. They're all a bunch of overpaid whiny brats. It's a GAME. You are being offered millions of dollars to play a GAME. There are millions of people out there right now who would be more than happy playing basketball for $50,000 a year.

America seriously needs to get its priorities straight.

• deseret pete robertson, Wy
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:37 p.m.

The players can go stick their foot in the river and then pull it out and see how big of a hole it leaves. That's how much I will miss them.

• Boston Spanish Fork, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:31 p.m.

Look at the picture! (What did Kobe's coat cost? about $10,000)The "elite" or should I say arrogant, have no idea what the real world is. The guys that play the game with real life passion and treat the game as a nice job they love, are definitely losing out. The owners should take it to the inflated egos, then the players who will play for a measly 1 million/year can let the owners know of their sincerity and start a "real" NBA! Let the owners run a profitable business by employing those who really know they need a job. If it wasn't for the people who depended on the season in order to put food on the table, it would be good riddance!

• Carnak Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Owners need to stay strong, shut down the whole season if needed.

• Bearone Monroe, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:23 p.m.

Well, so be it! The players have spoken, the NBA has spoken--and neither one of them considered the fans or the team employees, or related-business employees who are badly hurt by this decision.

Time now for the team owners to dissolve the NBA and form a new league with players who want to play basketball---not just become rich spoiled brats.

Who at fault here? Billy Hunter, Derek Fisher, rich player agents who are getting rich off of these so called 'superstars'.

One thing the players and agents didn't stop to realize--if they lose the season and that big yearly salary--they will NEVER make up the money they will have lost. They may have a 15 million dollar contract, but if they are not playing, that big contract doesn't mean diddly!

• football43 Morgan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:19 p.m.

I can honestly say I havent missed watching the Jazz or the NBA. The players are totally out of touch with reality. As a season ticket holder in the past I could care less if they cancelled the entire season....

• splitme2 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:15 p.m.

LHM must be rolling over in his grave. He would have been outspoken about what is going on here. I'm sure Jerry is glad he got out when he did. Good news for me, no more basketball!

• Bubba 525 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:15 p.m.

Too bad everyone doesn't cancel their season tickets and see how far the players would get with no fan base to pay their ridiculous salaries. No one is going to lose sleep over these idiots holding out and no season. Life goes on, will they?

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Nov. 14, 2011 1:11 p.m.

Unbelievable. They're making an average of $5.5 MILLION and its not enough. How about stopping by a public school and telling the teachers how tough you've got it?