Sports

Utah Utes basketball: David Foster, Chris Hines sidelined with injuries

Comments

• Magna Ute Fan Magna, UT
    Nov. 10, 2011 4:02 p.m.

RockOn- A winning record? Probably not. At this point, I am not too concerned about that. I just want to see progress through the course of the season. That was the biggest issue with Coach Boylen. He seemed like a good guy with a big heart. But there just wasn't enough improvement by the end of the season.

• DontMUSSwUtah SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 4:02 p.m.

Joseph-
    I'll mark it down that Utah has more Pac 12 wins. BYU barely scraped by Dixie State. I really don't see them beating too many quality teams without Jimmer. Sorry pal.

• RockOn Spanish Fork, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 1:48 p.m.

Sorry to see David Foster down. I was hoping the Utes would have a chance this year, but can the hardiest of Ute fans have any hope for a winning record? As a BYU fan I actually care that Utah has a good team. Makes our games with them more meaningful and fun... and that's all sports is anyway. Fun. Trash talking is one of the worst things accepted in fan-dom.

And having the Utes go through the PAC-12 with few wins doesn't do anyone any good...other than making Loveridge rethink his commitment. And it's embarrassing to see a mostly empty Huntsman Center just as it was to see the Y so down when Roger Reid left his mark.

I think Larry K. could be a good coach. Like to see him have a fighting chance.

I rarely post on Ute stories -- that's your domain and we shouldn't intrude, but I was curious to see if Ute fans had some modicum of hope.

• JosephMother Farmington, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 10:54 a.m.

BYU has two Pac-12 teams on its schedule this year. Who has more Pac-12 wins at year's end, BYU or Utah? Anything you'd like to "mark down", Chris?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 9:20 a.m.

Sad, but still stoked to be getting teams like Arizona and UCLA coming to the HC.

• mamalongarms Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 8:51 a.m.

Its difficult to see Foster out for so long. I hope he is given good news and will have some sort of a season left. Who knows if he'll use a red-shirt year and come back, only time will tell.